My Well Groomed A4

Thought it be useful to include this photo of a before and after shots.

To show better evidence of how it worked.

View attachment 182939

That is some serious improvement!!
Did you apply with m/f and cotton buds, leave to dry and wipe off? Or more effort involved?

Reactions: A4A4
That is some serious improvement!!
Did you apply with m/f and cotton buds, leave to dry and wipe off? Or more effort involved?

Took a couple of coats, all done in 15 mins. Just be careful not to over do it as I was a bit afraid too much rubbing/pressure would damage the screen.

Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Just washed and sprayed only using 2 products.

BH auto wash and Sonax Spray and Protect

IMG 20190521 081034

First washed and rinsed then sprayed with Sonax. Seemed very bizarre spraying on the panels when wet, like I was wasting the product running off everywhere. When the whole car was covered it was ready to be rinsed off again.

Used about a third of the bottle so should do the car 3 times.

Next toweled dried the car and could feel the product a bit grabby. Once dried I went around with a quality MF cloth to buff the paintwork up.

Got to say it is the easiest and quickest I have ever applied some protection to the cars paint. Be interesting to see how well it performs.

InCollage 20190521 200925557

Reactions: Pinky1959, V6_Man, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Quick update.

This it how sonax performs 8 days later after just a wash followed later by showers.

IMG 20190528 163955

Reactions: AvantMike, NevMan, Scotty75 and 2 others
Update 2. Car has been used daily and parked outside 24/7. The paintwork been hit with usually seasonal debris of on and off showers, pollen fallout and dust. Not forgetting all the the muck collected when driving over last week (often in rain).

You would expect to see it more flithy than it is. Don't get me wrong it's not clean Mr sheen but on close up you can only see slight spotting all over the paintwork.

See example here:

IMG 20190606 201309

Got to say l am pleased with how this Sonax seal and protect is performing since it was applied and would recommend and buy it again.

Picture below is earlier this evening from a distance the car's paint looks surprisingly clean. More rain forecast so won't be washing it for a while. Apart from the alloy wheels. Got to keep on top of them, oh and the tips!.

IMG 20190606 213837

Reactions: Jonnie, Bristle Hound, V6_Man and 2 others
Stunning mate. Very impressed

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kakatk, A4A4 and NevMan
That does seem to be holding up very well @A4A4. They (Sonax) do seem to do some quality products. Got the interior cleaner the other day, but yet to use.

@A4A4 - A4 looking fab buddy !
Intend using the Sonax Spray & Seal on the new 'van mainly for ease TBH

@A4A4 - A4 looking fab buddy !
Intend using the Sonax Spray & Seal on the new 'van mainly for ease TBH

Cheers... You are using sonax for the caravan and the audi gets turtle wax hybrid sealant.

That's stuff is less than half price of the sonax and looks a very similar product, bargain.

Sounds like you found a winner and another to considered. Damm.. I was hoping to ease my qd/sealant spray addiction.

...resist.....

I have done..

Reactions: NevMan
3 weeks in now and the last week has constantly rained on and off.

Needs some gore-tex like qualities from the paintwork.

IMG 20190611 1709162

Detailing on-hold

Eching to try the AG tyre gel. But at least the rain has washed the 'back to black' well off in preparation.

Reactions: NevMan, Scotty75 and Bristle Hound
Owner of a dirty daytona now.

From a distance it still looks okay, you can see the shine still trying to break through the dirt.

Closer up shows the true picture. Reality of most cars across the country.

InCollage 20190616 152543866

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
After over a month it had to have a quick wash, now that looks better.

Couldn't stand letting it get anymore flithy and building up potential of swirling the paint.

Only used prewash and a car shampoo. Followed by a splash of sonax sp.

IMG 20190617 215140

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Scotty75
After over a month it had to have a quick wash, now that looks better.

Couldn't stand letting it get anymore flithy and building up potential of swirling the paint.

Only used prewash and a car shampoo. Followed by a splash of sonax sp.

View attachment 184926

Much much better @A4A4

Much much better @A4A4
emoji23.png
emoji108.png
emoji106.png

Thanks @X3man it was sad to see it so unloved, hopefully (weather and time permitting) I will get around to try the AG wheel dressing and a belated polish & wax.

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks @X3man it was sad to see it so unloved, hopefully (weather and time permitting) I will get around to try the AG wheel dressing and a belated polish & wax.

Look forward to your review and thoughts on the AG tyre dressing

Tried the AG tyre gel today on my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 tyres.

IMG 20190621 183329

First washed and prepped the tyres with washing up liquid then applied the tyre gel to a damp tyre with a sponge.

Found it went on with ease and started to instantly transform the tyre. Only needed a small amount of gel at a time and after one coat it give a fresh new factory look. Not as glossy wet look my previous tyre dressing gave but it is growing on me.

IMG 20190621 135828

Thought it needed a second coat just to finish it off.

IMG 20190621 094122

Overall it looks like great value for money at £8.96 it will go along way.

Very simple to apply but if you get some on the alloy wheels it can be easily wipped off before drying.

The look, if you like your tyres not to glossy (wet look) then this will suit you. These Goodyear tyres had two coats and now look deeper black and more factory new feel to them.

I like it and think this tyre dressing really looks well on Goodyear tyres.

IMG 20190621 102149

Reactions: Eldeano2, NevMan, josul and 1 other person
After a week of really poor and very wet weather, car driven daily and before it gets it's weekly wash and topup.

I thought I would share a realtime picture of how the AG tyre gel looks now.

InCollage 20190627 143911936

IMG 20190627 142108

You can judge then for yourself if you think it has performed better or worse than expected.

After a week of really poor and very wet weather, car driven daily and before it gets it's weekly wash and topup.

I thought I would share a realtime picture of how the AG tyre gel looks now.

View attachment 185609
View attachment 185610

You can judge then for yourself if you think it has performed better or worse than expected.

So It is gone then

Thanks for the detailed write up and pics. Think I will stick with Gyeon Tire as it has SI02 so lasts long. And in between will use Tire Express

ONE coat of Gyeon Tire:

de5179207ee9235f16fc9ed84cfc02d1.jpg

So It is gone then

Thanks for the detailed write up and pics. Think I will stick with Gyeon Tire as it has SI02 so lasts long. And in between will use Tire Express

ONE coat of Gyeon Tire:

de5179207ee9235f16fc9ed84cfc02d1.jpg

Yeah @X3man , it's vaguely noticeable now. To be fair it did have a good lashing of rain on them constantly for nearly 2 days.

But I would had thought it would have lasted longer than a week.

The stuff you use on the cooper looks more promising.

It's all trial and error with this detailing lark, but that's what I like about it.

Yeah @X3man , it's vaguely noticeable now. To be fair it did have a good lashing of rain on them constantly for nearly 2 days.

But I would had thought it would have lasted longer than a week.

The stuff you use on the cooper looks more promising.

It's all trial and error with this detailing lark, but that's what I like about it.
Heavy rain will remove any tyre dressing over a 7 day period,l seen your photos of the dressing and the tyres looked to me anyway as if they needed another coat...and can l ask you did you prep the side walls properly before application as that makes a huge difference,l have used it on 3 separate cars 3 different types of tyres with great success...best tyre dressing l have used to date and the most durable and l have used a lot of tyre dressings

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Heavy rain will remove any tyre dressing over a 7 day period,l seen your photos of the dressing and the tyres looked to me anyway as if they needed another coat...and can l ask you did you prep the side walls properly before application as that makes a huge difference,l have used it on 3 separate cars 3 different types of tyres with great success...best tyre dressing l have used to date and the most durable and l have used a lot of tyre dressings

@jassyo06 Yes, prepped the side walls with washing up liquid before application, however it was not the fairy brand. lol

Mothers California Gold Synthetic Paste Wax mini review.

Used a butter knife and it did spread like butter on to the pad. One of the softest paste l have ever used. Really easy to apply. Alot better than the natty blue wax I used previously.

This much of the tin left, so looks like it will last for many more applications.

IMG 20190715 094106

Left to haze and dry and just buffed off with a plush MF cloth. It again came off very easily.

IMG 20190715 160402

The paint has a very good depth and shine to it and for less than a tenner what's not to like.

See the pictures of the results much better than anymore words.

IMG 20190715 140946

InCollage 20190715 141421339

IMG 20190715 120920

Reactions: CHEZ, Bristle Hound, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Mate , that's a seriously tangible difference . Stunning finish impressed

Reactions: A4A4 and V6_Man
By the way I'm a fan of the butter knife trick myself . Works a treat

Mothers California Gold Synthetic Paste Wax mini review.

Used a butter knife and it did spread like butter on to the pad. One of the softest paste l have ever used. Really easy to apply. Alot better than the natty blue wax I used previously.

This much of the tin left, so looks like it will last for many more applications.

View attachment 186708

Left to haze and dry and just buffed off with a plush MF cloth. It again came off very easily.

View attachment 186709

The paint has a very good depth and shine to it and for less than a tenner what's not to like.

See the pictures of the results much better than anymore words.

View attachment 186711

View attachment 186712

View attachment 186710

@A4A4 it is effing stunning mate. The depth as well as gloss is mind blowing. With every wash and polish you are taking it to the next level. One of the best examples of a very very well kept A4 I've ever seen.

Reactions: A4A4 and Scotty75
Mate , that's a seriously tangible difference . Stunning finish impressed

@A4A4 it is effing stunning mate. The depth as well as gloss is mind blowing. With every wash and polish you are taking it to the next level. One of the best examples of a very very well kept A4 I've ever seen.

Thanks for the very kind comments.

Cheers!!

Reactions: Scotty75 and V6_Man
The mothers wax is doing its job after some rain. Repelling the water very well.

IMG 000000 000000

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Scotty75, NevMan and 1 other person
Car not been touched for over 3 weeks. When it last had its first coat of mother's paste wax. (posted above)

With the amount of weather been dumped on it the protection has held up okay. And I quite like the wax.

Had a window of opportunity yesterday to wash the car only, but found some stubborn stuff on the bonnet that a wash alone would not move.

Reluctantly went and grappled the DA..

IMG 20190628 212109

Quick polish and another coating of mother's paste wax sorted it.

IMG 20190628 212141

Used blue hex glaze pad for the wax application.

IMG 20190806 1036242

That was yesterday, since then its been wet and stormy some more.

So today looks like this.

IMG 20190807 163637

Not had the time or zeal to do the whole car. That will have to wait..

Reactions: V6_Man, Bristle Hound, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Had it's second full body wax using the Mother's paste wax.

Washed, sealed and waxed, did not think it needed a polish yet.

Used these 4 products for this clean and spruce up.

IMG 20190822 094236

Coming up soon it will be 5 years old, it's not looking to shabby for its age.

IMG 20190822 094511 1

IMG 20190822 094610 1

Think I will keep the car a bit longer, maybe another 5 years.

Reactions: AlS3BE, RobbieWebs, V6_Man and 3 others
Had it's second full body wax using the Mother's paste wax.

Washed, sealed and waxed, did not think it needed a polish yet.

Used these 4 products for this clean and spruce up.

View attachment 189353

Coming up soon it will be 5 years old, it's not looking to shabby for its age.

View attachment 189354

View attachment 189355

Think I will keep the car a bit longer, maybe another 5 years.

Wish I had the ability to hold on to a car for that long, I always find myself wanting something more powerful! I don't blame you for wanting to keep it though, it's in top shape by the looks of it :icon thumright:

All ready for its MOT and its 5 years old Birthday.

IMG 20190830 144017

Hope what lays beneath has lasted as well.

And we don't get any nasty surprises from the MOT.

Reactions: scobie140, Bristle Hound, Kayobong and 1 other person
Passed mot with no issues.

Full service and a new pair of front pads (got 45,000 miles out of them) to be fitted next, quoted all in for £165.

Still feels and looks new to me.

Anyway nothing floating my boat at the moment, so going to hold on to this for the foreseeable future. Enjoying more time just paying the running and serving costs only.

Reactions: Bulldog
I was going to give the AG tyre gel a try but after seeing your pics think I’ll give it a miss & stick with Megs endurance for now. Car looks great btw :sunglasses:

Reactions: CHEZ, A4A4 and Bristle Hound
My mimimal effort wash for winter, this is for when it's going to rain later and I don't want to spend alot of time detailing it this time of year.

Maybe on a slippery path to ruining my finish.

See how it goes.

Would say it's 75% touchless wash. No car shampoo, no pressure washer (don't own one anyway) and no hand drying.

Only prewash pump sprayed the car, left to dwell, rinsed, sprayed with drying aid, rinsed off and left to drip dry.

InCollage 20191026 115918299

Hands on the wheels the sills and arches wiped over with a mitt to remove those stubborn, soiled marks. Lastly a quick squirt of glass cleaner.
That's it hands off.

IMG 20191024 205815

The rest untouched.

Reactions: feva and Bristle Hound
Still doing the same..

No car shampoo, no pressure washer, no touch on the larger panels and no drying.

Quite like the minimal effort and touch routine which suits this time of year. But can't see it lasting for much longer.

This was taken on Halloween.

Car

This was taken today, 12 days later after another mimimal wash test. Struggling now with the creeping dirt and on close up it's bad.

IMG 20191111 161925

So this is the last one now, before I need to apply the mitt with shampoo and touch the larger panels again.

We'll got over month of quick, lazy and lackluster car cleaning.

Time to treat it to some car shampoo and a wash mitt.

Been a couple of months of just doing none touch prewash spray and left to drip dry.

It needed to be hit with a mitt.

Quick winter process of:

Prewash pump sprayed
Power hose rinse
Shampoo + mitt
Rinse
Rinse aid sprayed on
Power hose rinse
Towel dried
Tyre dressed

Dull day for pictures. This the best its going to look this time of year!

Least the hard graft done over the summer, drier and warmer months is now paying off. As the shine doesn't look to bad after some neglect.

InCollage 20191130 193940413