Reaction score
IMG 6389 IMG 6401 IMG 6334 IMG 6379 IMG 6314 IMG 5846
IMG 6389
IMG 6401
IMG 6389
IMG 6401
IMG 6334
Bad things turn into great things!!!
Sadly 4 months ago my Audi s3 engine decided to blow. 2nd cylinder failed which lead to 3 Pistons cracking and also damaging the head. This was due to a faulty injector. At the time I was running a TTE420.
This meant one thing.... A full engine rebuild which gave me the idea of fully forging it whilst the engine was out.
That's what happened. Re-bored to 83mm Pistons I went down the wossner route with ZRP drilled and slotted rods. I.E Valve springs fitted along with King Racing bearings. ARP Rods and Bolts Top & Bottom.
Simon from the TTE wanted me to return my turbo to be checked whilst my engine was getting rebuilt. I then decided to upgrade to the TTE480 which hadn't even been released at the time but Simon told me it would be due in September. I decided to wait this one out and do the job properly. Several months passed until my turbo arrived and was fitted to my new engine. I then contacted Vag Fuelling Solutions who sent me one of there RS3 injector kits with a custom loom for the 8ps3 platform.
This is my Basix Engine Build List:
TTE480 Turbo
RS3 8v Injectors
Re-bored Block. 83mm Wossner Pistons
ZRP Drilled & Slotted Rods
King Racing Bearing
Integrated Engineering Valve Spring Kit
ARP Rods & Bolts Top & Bottom
APR RFD Kit
CTS Discharge Pipe
Revo Throttle Pipe
Airtec Stage 2 Cooler
Sachs Stage 3 SMF Clutch
Milltek Cat back with APR Downpipe & Sports Cat
DevilsOwn 30 Progressive WMI install with Manual Controller Adaption and DO4 Nozzle Upgrade.
165fpv with in tank TTRS low pressure Fuel pump.
APR High Pressure Fuel Pump
Revo Air Intake Gold heat Wrapped
Revo Engine Mounts
Forge Catch Can System Inc Charcoal Filter.
R8 Coils with BKR8EIX Sparks.

The car was delivered back to me last week with its initial run in on mineral oil done. I'm currently doing the next 300 miles on semi Synthetic then changing too fully synthetic at the weekend before it heads to Stan @ Ecotune a week tomorrow for him to work his magic.
This will be the first TTE480 fitted to a s3 in the U.K.
My previous TTE420 setup ran 426.4hp on a standard engine so I'm excited to see what my new build will produce.
Keep an eye on this to see my final
Output. I'm one excited man........
Big thanks to DBM for the Build, Mark Brodie, owner of Brotek for supplying most of the parts, Simon Sharp from TTE for the magic turbo and Dave Henderson for helping me along the way with all my unanswered questions.

Reactions: S3WOW, aqibi2000, THQuattro and 13 others
Sounds like it will be awesome and can't blame you for being excited to see what it can do this time. :D

Good luck. ;)

Reactions: RS03UGO
Brilliant!

I hope all goes well with the setup and you get the results you want.

Simon's a great guy,and TTE's hybrids have developed a deservedly good name.

Reactions: S. and RS03UGO
Bump to hear all about thr TTE480

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

I was at brotek getting my S3 mapped and marc was talking about an S3 getting forged with bigger pistons, must have been yours.
Interested in hearing how its going..

Reactions: nil538 and RS03UGO
Yeah that would have been mine. Marks supplied most of my parts.
Cars at the tuners at the minute. Had a problem with LPFP so having a new one fitted and also getting a new cam chain and tensioner fitted. Tuning for car will commence early next week due to tuner being on holiday till end of this week sadly. I guess good things come to people who wait..... I am containing my excitement as best as I can!!!

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah that would have been mine. Marks supplied most of my parts.
Cars at the tuners at the minute. Had a problem with LPFP so having a new one fitted and also getting a new cam chain and tensioner fitted. Tuning for car will commence early next week due to tuner being on holiday till end of this week sadly. I guess good things come to people who wait..... I am containing my excitement as best as I can!!!

I know exactly how you feel......mine has been slowly working it's way to the top of Storm's list and should get started this week.

Tuning always turns up both the expected and unexpected problems,and fuel pumps are great for that.
The stock LPFP runs out around 420-440bhp,and an uprated or auxiliary pump is the answer.

Good luck.

I wasn't running stock Alex, was running a TTRS pump but it's not working correctly once logged. So getting a new one installed.
Be worth the wait, likewise for you.
That's what tuning is about after all!!

I wasn't running stock Alex, was running a TTRS pump but it's not working correctly once logged. So getting a new one installed.
Be worth the wait, likewise for you.
That's what tuning is about after all!!

Ok

The RS pumps need the controller properly mapped for the new pump or problems result.

Your tuner I'm sure is aware of that.
All the best.

Hi there.
Can you tel me about yu front brake setup and wheels?
Are you using spacers???

Hi there.
Can you tel me about yu front brake setup and wheels?
Are you using spacers???

Looks like TTRS brakes to me. With stock wheels you will need at least a 12mm spacer to clear caliper. With vagbremtechnic carriers and 362mm discs you can get away with a 10mm

Sorry for the delay in getting back with updates.
Finally collected my car from Ecotune on Friday!!
She made 468hp and 486ft/ibs.
Had a few problems whilst tuning which obviously delayed the procedure. Needed a new lpfp because my pump was dropping below 2bar on full boost and also got rid of my milltek back box due to flowing issues and had a custom exhaust made.
The car now is an absolute animal. - massive step up from my TTE420. The car sounds completely different on full Boost too. Much much louder. Iv had launch control and flat shift also mapped in due to my engine being forged. Launch control is incredible!! I'm leaving the country on wedensday for work so my cars going away for the winter!!! Something to look forward too once I get back. I'll get some v-box logs for 62-124 and 1/4miles times when I return too.
Anyway, top marks and awesome work from The Turbo Engineers as always.

Attachments

• IMG_6590.JPG
    IMG_6590.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 652
Reactions: S3Alex, Hookmonster, kash_v and 5 others
Got any pictures of the new exhaust system ?

Great results.

Well done to all concerned and to you for going this route.

Hope you enjoy it.