My super easy Halogen to bi-xenon retrofit!

CheekyWizard

Reaction score
I have a 2014 audi A3 1.2 tfsi that i bought second-hand which had as good as no options on it except for the s-line exterior and rear parking sensors. So far i have added cruisecontrol, full leather/alcantara s-line interior, heated mirrors with mirror dip function, fog light corner light function, led tail lights, heated seat module install so that the heated seats would actually work (pain in the *** btw...) and almost everything was done with second hand parts from written-off test vehicles to keep the costs as low as possible.

So it's fair to say that i like to do DIY retrofits, i had decided it was time to swap my halogen headlights to the much better looking bi-xenon version when i found this easy and relatively pretty cheap so called "Plug & Play halogen to bi-xenon conversion kit" (You can check the kit i bought out here).

It said it came with pre-installed built-in electric headlight adjustment, xenon projector lights (6000K) and ballasts for both headlights. At first i was a little sceptical because it looked way to easy and straigthforward because it didn't need any cable looms or coding or anything.

But i took the risk and ordered it anyway... they came in the next day and i just finished installing them earlier today. (This is by no means a guide but if you would need help or anything just send me a message)

All it took was partial removal of both wheel liners to be able to access all the t25 and t30 screws to remove the front bumper.
JsmXmnB.jpg

After i had done that, i could access all the t25 screws that held the halogen headlights in place. After i swapped the headlights i plugged them back in and tested them first if everything would work right away (and it did) so i put everything back together and that was that...

Pic after i had finished putting everything back together:
GLpxoEY.jpg

I took the car for a pretty big spin afterwards to check if everything was working as it should and as of now i haven't encountered any problems whatsoever :)

Here is a 'Before & After' pic:
HxOv3WS.jpg

If you made it this far i hoped you enjoyed reading this :tongueout:

Reactions: Rcord, reefer110 and leonwilliams
Looks way better. I’m thinking of doing the same thing for my MK6 GTI as genuine retrofit costs thousands from what I can tell. There are plenty of identical to OEM plug and play versions but I’ve also been quite skeptical.

Looks way better. I’m thinking of doing the same thing for my MK6 GTI as genuine retrofit costs thousands from what I can tell. There are plenty of identical to OEM plug and play versions but I’ve also been quite skeptical.
I looked them up on the same site i bought my headlights and they only cost €399,95 atm, but they look a little bit more complicated to installed. Link here

Reactions: Kayobong
Here are some pictures at night time.

Attachments

• IMG_20200516_220615.jpg
    IMG_20200516_220615.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_20200516_220632.jpg
    IMG_20200516_220632.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 140
I looked them up on the same site i bought my headlights and they only cost €399,95 atm, but they look a little bit more complicated to installed. Link here

Thanks for the link, that's quite tempting actually, it does look a bit more complicated that plug and play but I do own VCDS so worst case it should be doable. I'll see if they ship to the UK.

Edit: Just checked and they do ship to UK however I've realised they're probably for the LHD market if they're made in europe.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, that's quite tempting actually, it does look a bit more complicated that plug and play but I do own VCDS so worst case it should be doable. I'll see if they ship to the UK.

Edit: Just checked and they do ship to UK however I've realised they're probably for the LHD market if they're made in europe.
You could hit them up on their WhatsApp Supportdesk (+316 81 00 48 16) like i did and they get back to you fairly quickly.

Reactions: Kayobong
I have a 2014 audi A3 1.2 tfsi that i bought second-hand which had as good as no options on it except for the s-line exterior and rear parking sensors. So far i have added cruisecontrol, full leather/alcantara s-line interior, heated mirrors with mirror dip function, fog light corner light function, led tail lights, heated seat module install so that the heated seats would actually work (pain in the *** btw...) and almost everything was done with second hand parts from written-off test vehicles to keep the costs as low as possible.

So it's fair to say that i like to do DIY retrofits, i had decided it was time to swap my halogen headlights to the much better looking bi-xenon version when i found this easy and relatively pretty cheap so called "Plug & Play halogen to bi-xenon conversion kit" (You can check the kit i bought out here).

It said it came with pre-installed built-in electric headlight adjustment, xenon projector lights (6000K) and ballasts for both headlights. At first i was a little sceptical because it looked way to easy and straigthforward because it didn't need any cable looms or coding or anything.

But i took the risk and ordered it anyway... they came in the next day and i just finished installing them earlier today. (This is by no means a guide but if you would need help or anything just send me a message)

All it took was partial removal of both wheel liners to be able to access all the t25 and t30 screws to remove the front bumper.
JsmXmnB.jpg

After i had done that, i could access all the t25 screws that held the halogen headlights in place. After i swapped the headlights i plugged them back in and tested them first if everything would work right away (and it did) so i put everything back together and that was that...

Pic after i had finished putting everything back together:
GLpxoEY.jpg

I took the car for a pretty big spin afterwards to check if everything was working as it should and as of now i haven't encountered any problems whatsoever :)

Here is a 'Before & After' pic:
HxOv3WS.jpg

If you made it this far i hoped you enjoyed reading this :tongueout:
Hi CheekyWizard, nice job! Looks amazing! I have some questions regarding this retrofit. How can I contact you? Unfortunately I cannot send a DM to you on here.