My Sprint Blue S3 Progress Thread

GNJ_Motorsport

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.gnjmotorsport.com
Picked up my S3 on Friday. It is totally standard at the moment. The previous owner who I know, had it at stage 2 with a full Milltek but split to sell so it is back to standard now and a blank canvas which I wanted. The car will be used as a demo of sorts for my business at shows and when we move into a new unit next year some time.

The car came with Xenons and heated leather Recaros.

Plans:

Get my private plate transferred and fitted
H&R springs (Bilstein coilovers at a later date)
Forge Motorsport wheels spacers (16mm rear, 11mm front)
ITG Maxogen
Milltek turbo back exhaust with de cat
Re activate the REVO stage 2 map so I need an SPS controller
Forge Motorsport recirculation valve
Black optics grill
Black Mirror covers

Then I want to replace the standard wheels, either with some BBS CH or CK 19's or with some Speedline Turini's. Wheels will be dark to match the optics grill and mirrors. I am not a big fan of chrome. I know a lot of people don't like the Optics stuff on Sprint Blue but I really like it.

Later mods will be Bilstein B14 or B16 coilovers, fuel pump for stage 2+ and a front mount intercooler. Probably the Forge Twintercooler with the car being a demo and Forge being one of our main suppliers.

Pics

S322-8-11147.jpg

S322-8-11148.jpg

S322-8-11144-1.jpg

S322-8-11145.jpg

S322-8-11146.jpg

Reactions: Kelza
Nice one, Graeme! Sprint Blue with black accents is IMO one of the very best colour combo's (I'm a BIG fan of RicoS3's gorgeous Sprint/black car), looking forward to seeing all your plans coming together. Car looks very tidy indeed! Got your message on Vagoc abut the KMD cam follower BTW, no worries Buddy. :wub: x

Nice one, new steering wheel?

Yes forgot to mention that. I need to look into it as I know nothing about how to go about it. That is pretty much the case with everything on this car. I am fine with the tuning side as I obviously know all about that with the business but when it comes to styling I know sweet FA :)

Nice one, Graeme! Sprint Blue with black accents is IMO one of the very best colour combo's (I'm a BIG fan of RicoS3's gorgeous Sprint/black car), looking forward to seeing all your plans coming together. Car looks very tidy indeed! Got your message on Vagoc abut the KMD cam follower BTW, no worries Buddy. :wub: x

Rico's S3 is on my background! Car is very tidy. Ben has looked after it brilliantly to be fair to him. Just ordered some spacers for it as if there is 1 thing I really don't like its the stance, especially at the rear.

get on ebay for a steering wheel mate, will bring the interior bang up to date, be patient and wait for a bargain, i watched 5 or 6 go up to about 500 quid, but after a couple of months i picked up a TTS flat bottom for 340 quid!

get on ebay for a steering wheel mate, will bring the interior bang up to date, be patient and wait for a bargain, i watched 5 or 6 go up to about 500 quid, but after a couple of months i picked up a TTS flat bottom for 340 quid!

That's good. Do they just bolt straight on or is there anything else you need?

Plans:

Service this Friday
MOT next Friday
Forge 11mm spacers fitted next week
Milltek non res de cat turbo back exhaust will be ordered end of this month
REVO SPS will be ordered along with the Milltek
Forge Recirc valve
Forge recirc to intake hose

Coilovers, either Bilstein B14, KW V1, V Maxx, AP or H&R Monotubes. Can't decide, or do I wait until next year and get some KW V3's and just get some springs as a stop gap?

Next spring I will be going to stage 2+ and getting an uprated clutch etc. But I think 350+ bhp will do for the winter :)

I should have called this a lack of progress thread! I just haven't had time to update it.

Anyway, it has changed quite a lot over the last couple of months.

It now has:

Milltek turbo back exhaust system with de cat
ITG Maxogen CAI
Forge diverter valve
REVO stage 2 map
H&R springs
Forge 11mm spacers all round
Dubmeister plates waiting to be fitted

Pics to follow when I have cleaned it this week and fitted the plates :)

Plans for the future are a bit hazy at the moment if I'm honest. I planned to go to stage 2+ with the Sachs clutch, twintercooler and coilovers. However, as some of you know I plan to expand the business considerably over the next 12 months and the cash could be better spent elsewhere :(

I keep looking at things like the Astra Sportive vans with the 150 CDTi engine in (remap straight to 200bhp) This would give me a wedge of cash to invest in the business and still give me a nice platform for a demonstrator. Not to mention a rolling advertisement board as I'd get it stickered up. I'll be keeping the S3 for the summer, that isn't in doubt but do I spend the best part of £2.5k on the clutch, 2+ map & coilovers only to lose most of it when I sell up?

Major update to come next week when I get the new Sachs clutch, pressure plate and LOBA Motorsport single mass flywheel fitted at the weekend. The car also has Shark stage 3 on it now and before the clutch gave up it was awesome :)

Will give the car a good clean next week and post pics and a review of the stage 3 and new clutch kit :)