My sportbacks 14 week makeover

evocos

Reaction score
Well after Getting my misses's Matt Andrews old a3,she was hooked on the quality of them.
Another friend of ours made an offer for it and after a tough decision we sold it,i think every car
has a price.
I stumbled on a 55 plate sportback,it was shockingly dirty but had a few nice points.
Red nappa,opensky roof,xenons and was CHEAP !!!!
So the deal was done and over the last 14 weeks,its been repainted,new s-line front bumper we smoothed,new rear back bumper and s3 diffuser,votex skirts.
Retro fitted roof rails,and s3 mirrors.Some extra bits trimmed in leather by mj including tts wheel,parcel
shelf and supports,s3 gear knob.We also fitted 19 x 9 speedlines and painted centres rimini red.
Then last job was with help from more friends we fitted the airlift air.
Anyway i wont bore you and i hope you like.
sport7.jpg

Next to Matt Andrew,who has been a legend with all his help
sb04-1.jpg

Blimey 14 weeks, I think i'm on week 3 deciding over a set of wheels.

Looks lovely:thumbsup:

No way! that is awesome mate.

You should now post pictures to the previous owner ha ha

PS - that looks like one big bus!

You have way too much time (and money) on your hands to do that in 14 weeks..lol

You have way too much time (and money) on your hands to do that in 14 weeks..lol

Lots of very hard work mate,and when it comes to money,i got this for nearly 5k less than i sold the
other a3,so had funds to sort it.
It's all about bargains,skirts £95 delivered,front bumper £20,rear bumper 99p +postage,mirrors i got seperate,one for £40 and the other for £70,s3 vents £30,rear lights £100.
The only bits i didnt get cheap was s3 diffuser,pedals and matts.
Airide we got at cost and fitted ourselves :icon_thumright:

So its not all about splashing the cash,but buying wisely

Massive thanks mate.

We fitted the gauges for the air-ride in there so its nice and descreet.
Bit of a reach for the misses they as she's only little lol.
But it stops her messing with it

What rear bumper is it for for 99p .Give us some pointers or start a bargain thread and get my car sorted LOL

No really liking your SB mate ...:)

Lots of very hard work mate,and when it comes to money,i got this for nearly 5k less than i sold the
It's all about bargains,skirts £95 delivered,front bumper £20,rear bumper 99p +postage,mirrors i got seperate,one for £40 and the other for £70,s3 vents £30,rear lights £100.

Good effort, its like wheeler dealers, you should have your own show!

Epic build, even more so you got alot on the cheap! This was a Gawjus sportback at UD I spent a good amount of time scanning it.

Get some more detailed pics up.

What rear bumper is it for for 99p .Give us some pointers or start a bargain thread and get my car sorted LOL

No really liking your SB mate ...:)

Ha Ha,honestly mate,back s-line bumper was 99p plus £20 pound delivery,some times if i see people
are breaking them i ring up for parts not listed.The s3 gear knob i got for £40.
My mates just sam i'm a jammy bleader :laugh::laugh:
I also got the wheels cheaper by swapping a set Nath put me onto and i also had his old front grill :icon_thumright:

Epic build, even more so you got alot on the cheap! This was a Gawjus sportback at UD I spent a good amount of time scanning it.

Get some more detailed pics up.
Thanks very much Warren,the paint does need a little buff be it was a bit of a last minute rush getting it done aswell as my RS.
My biggest fail is i never take pics of anything,the only ones i have are what members from our club have taken.
I think Matt andrew has more than me from all the times hes helped me.
I will see what i have.
Thanks again :thumbsup:

Matt helping me fitting roof rails,or even my helping him i should say.
This was a very nervy job as the drill size got bigger lol.
But it all worked spot on,so much work involved in doing it,but loving the end result
IMG_2076Copy.jpg

fantastic looking car man, great work. Speedlines look amazing in that colour.

You did well to get those parts so cheap!

Massive thanks for the nice comments,i must admit when your doing it all
its hard to know how it will all turn out.
I am really happy with it all,i think seats and wheels will be changed next but not till next year lol.
Anymore mods and the misses will kill me,i have also had a turbo back custom stainless exhaust,cotton filter
and a remap.it did 180bhp and 280 lb torque which i am more than happy with.

Myself and Matt are fitting new rear struts tonight and cutting the bumps stop a little more.
But if being honest i quite like it to sit at the top off the rim rather than slammed to the floor

I'd love to find bargains like these....!

yeah those bargains were immense...

not a fan of roof rails personally, and i'd have left the gearknob gaiter and handbrake cover black but other than that it's a very nice car. well done

That's one epic turn around. I think the wheels look great, wish I was that brave!

Wow Evocos that look amazing! What a transformation. Well done good effort there mate. Just to note the previous owner obviously didnt give a damn, those pictures are shocking.

+1, one of the best transformations I have seen. From "rags to riches" as they say, well done a credit to you :happy:

Thanks very much Nath :icon_thumright:

Well you know where the inspiration for red speedlines came from :cool:

jules u know my thoughts on this, truly epic build well done :wub:
Cheers Luke,thanks for the great comments all the way through the build,you were one of the 1st to see it,when i was trying to be cloak :laugh:

Wow Evocos that look amazing! What a transformation. Well done good effort there mate. Just to note the previous owner obviously didnt give a damn, those pictures are shocking.
Thanks for the nice comments,i know when i first went to see it i nearly just turned around :laugh:
He was a farmer :(

Looks well sweet:wub: Well done on the 14 week makeover looks like a totally different car.
Interior looks lovely. Is your partner pleased? Which A3 did she prefer 3door or sportback?
And any more plans?

Thanks mate
Well she didnt even see it when i first got it,i think she would have thought i'd lost the plot,she's not used it much because of all the work lol,but she's making up for it now :laugh:
I used to slightly prefer the 3 doors but that has all changed,i love the sportbacks and especially the rear ends,I also like them with the rails for the mini avant look .
As for future plans i'm having to have a little rest as we're getting married in 3 months and if i mess with anymore cars instead of wedding planning,there wont be a wedding :laugh::laugh:.
This was her old a3
a3.jpg

Haha well Jules I couldn't resist a sneaky drive past ur gaff for a perv!!!

Excellent progress and great looking car :icon_thumright:

omg, i thought mine was dirty!! what an amazing makeover! looks sick now!! loving the wheels mate! just goes to show what a bit of TLC can do... :applaus:

That roof rail job looks scary!!! not for the faint hearted for sure... what colour is the car? is it Akoya? in the first pic it loos really purple! & the air install looks spot on! :hubbahubba:

theres some special cars on the forum at the moment!!