My SPORT to S-LINE Conversion (Part No's, Prices & Tips included)...

you should tint the back windows ever so lightly, then it would be perfect!

Hello Ads,

Great conversation with great car!
I found these rims in there. I'm planning to buy. What is your tyre dimensions?

Hello Ads,

Great conversation with great car!
I found these rims in there. I'm planning to buy. What is your tyre dimensions?

Thanks.
Tyres for these wheels are 225/40/18. Will give a slight stretch but nothing major.

Big thanks for this thread.

My car has just come back with a new sp3 back end.

Have decided having followed one recently to get an S-line valance for it - subject to Nigel being able to sort - which I am sure he can.

I paid £500 for a respray of the front and rear bumpers (sline/s3 conversion), the door and rear quarter on one side (key) and the rear quarter on the other (rust spot), spoiler (newly added) and the bonnet (stone chip). I am over the moon with the results so far!

Just need to wait for Nigel to have a bit of time to sort out the water spray jets on the new S3 bumper before I can have that fitted too.

It's already looking 100 times better.

Glad to hear you're happy mate. Looking forward to seeing your build thread and photos.

So what have you gone for?? An 8P2 S3 front bumper, and a 8P3 non-S3 rear bumper??

I havent done a built thread actually.

I have some pics of the car pre changes, from when I bought it and it is currently post change.

When Nigel does the interior swap (need him for heated seating) I'll take some pics!

Its gone from 8P2 sport front and rear standard to 8P2 front S3, and 8P3 rear S-Line. Was going to go non S3 standard, but saw the S-line bumper valance and really liked it on a Lava car.

Am slowing down on mods as I am running a fraction low on funds.

In the process of selling the GTR and buying a supercharged Exige to free up some cash to spend on the Audi!

Hi,
I recently bought an AUDI A3 2TFSI and I am very much looking forward to do the S-Line convertion to my new car..
Ads, first of all I just want to say thank you very much for the detailed DIY that you made here and thanks for all the affort and time that was spent in making it.
I was wondering if I can ask you a few questions and maybe use your help alittle bit, can you please contact me threw my email shokosharg@walla.com (I can't send a private message yet..)

Hi,
I recently bought an AUDI A3 2TFSI and I am very much looking forward to do the S-Line convertion to my new car..
Ads, first of all I just want to say thank you very much for the detailed DIY that you made here and thanks for all the affort and time that was spent in making it.
I was wondering if I can ask you a few questions and maybe use your help alittle bit, can you please contact me threw my email shokosharg@walla.com (I can't send a private message yet..)

No probs mate, glad the info helped.

If you can't PM then just post your questions here so me or someone else can answer them.

I am from Israel and we hardly have any A3 S-Line here, so it makes the task of finding a S-Line Bumper next to imposible..
so I was wondering if you could help me out in contacting the guy in the brakers that you know so that he will ship both the front and the rear bumpers at the same time(since shipping costs to Israel are so high..)
if you can help me out than it will be much easier talking in private threw the email..

I am from Israel and we hardly have any A3 S-Line here, so it makes the task of finding a S-Line Bumper next to imposible..
so I was wondering if you could help me out in contacting the guy in the brakers that you know so that he will ship both the front and the rear bumpers at the same time(since shipping costs to Israel are so high..)
if you can help me out than it will be much easier talking in private threw the email..

Sorry mate, my bumper guy is out of front s-line bumpers. He hasn't had any for some time.
He gets rear bumpers quite frequently but unfortunately will not ship to Israel, he only does UK shipping.

Sorry mate, my bumper guy is out of front s-line bumpers. He hasn't had any for some time.
He gets rear bumpers quite frequently but unfortunately will not ship to Israel, he only does UK shipping.

no one has been trashing his S-Line latly? :search:
well I guess its back to square one, finding it on ebay and taking a mortgage on my house for this retrofit to be made :(
Thanks for the help and if you happen to have any new info on a bumper than I would surly be glad if you could contact me and let me know about it

oh and by the way, good job on your car, it looks great!!! :drool:

no one has been trashing his S-Line latly? :search:
well I guess its back to square one, finding it on ebay and taking a mortgage on my house for this retrofit to be made :(
Thanks for the help and if you happen to have any new info on a bumper than I would surly be glad if you could contact me and let me know about it

oh and by the way, good job on your car, it looks great!!! :drool:

Will do. Cheers. :icon_thumright:

bluefin1.jpg

bluefin.jpg

:eyebrows:

does that put a map on your car? or did you get the car mapped and thats just to tune it?

It puts the map on your car.
Its just a device at the moment. You have to plug it in to your car, it then reads/copies your OEM map, then you connect it to your PC and it uploads your stock map to superchips. They then send you back the remap, you download it to the device and then upload it to your car.

You can then use the device to switch between stock or bluefin map whenever you want.

Farhan has already done it (its his fault I bought it too :laugh:) and he's a happy man. Will do mine tonight and report back.

Superchips are doing a 20% discount at the moment.... usual price is £445... but the price up to 31st Dec is £365.

Be intrigued to see what you think of the Superchips on the TDi Ads.

Looking forward to an update!

Ads drives a 2.0 TFSI

:ninja: :undwech:
Eye dyslexia, quick glance at his sig had me confused all too easily!

Thank god I finish for Xmas tomorrow, need the rest and head clearing time!

Be intrigued to see what you think of the Superchips on the TDi Ads.

Looking forward to an update!

Mine's a 2.0 TFSI.

Been reading lots and lots of contrasting views of it, to be honest. Although I have heard a lot of positives from GTi owners (same engine as mine) who have bluefin'd.

I think the main gripe is that the bluefin isn't as 'aggressive' as other maps and delivers its increased power in a more OEM way. But this is what I want really.
My car is currently putting 200bhp through the front wheels and already feels on its limit with traction when pulling away quickly (its DSG so I can't adjust things to stop wheel spin). Any more low down grunt is going to be wasted with spinning wheels.
Hopefully this map will deliver more power further along the rev range.

We shall see.

Lucky they do a 7 day money back guarantee!

good stuff bro, yer it definitely is tame to begin with, you may like it ads i just got back to them and said not want i want.

I said clearly i want it aggresive after 2000rpm. Map came back and im happy for now but i will have it tweaked once more after i dyno or get another intake mod or something

I can see the draw of the hand controller unit, so for convenience it hits the sweet spot.

Quattro helps no end with an aggressive map, I remember in my Leon Cupra R with Stg 2 it was a ****** handful in anything other than good weather unless I'd got the Revo switch to dial it back, so BF may just hit the spot for you in more ways than one.

so essentially you guys can get your maps changed on request and then upload to car? how many maps are you allowed to ask for before they charge you more on top?

I can see the draw of the hand controller unit, so for convenience it hits the sweet spot.

Quattro helps no end with an aggressive map, I remember in my Leon Cupra R with Stg 2 it was a ****** handful in anything other than good weather unless I'd got the Revo switch to dial it back, so BF may just hit the spot for you in more ways than one.

Hopefull it will. I'm pretty much ok with how my car feels as standard and I don't do many miles (4k a year, if even that), but will welcome a bit more grunt from time to time.

so essentially you guys can get your maps changed on request and then upload to car? how many maps are you allowed to ask for before they charge you more on top?

If you've got a genuine thing you are unhappy with then superchips seem to be very good at working with you to provide a tweaked map to give you what you want, or closer to it.
But I guess if you went back to them daily/weekly then they'd probably ask you to pay them a visit to sort it, rather than sending you a never ending stream of maps.

What mods did u do to get 200bhp from a 2.0 TFSI ? or is that stock :think:

UPDATE:

Ok, so I've had the Bluefin remap installed for 5 days now and........ I'm impressed. Very impressed.
In stock form the 2.0TFSI is pretty quick, but since the remap it is SO much better. 1st gear is noticeably more lively, and so are 3rd and 4th, and even 5th. But its 2nd gear where all the fun is at.
Before the remap 2nd was powerful enough and gave an even/linear pull throughout its rev range... but now you can feel the power building with a big kick mid way through, continuing all the way to the red line.

I've read that superchips/bluefin maps can be tame, and some even claiming they could hardly tell the difference when comparing it to stock (although to be fair, this wasn't said about the 2.0T in reviews I found), but for me it's a significant improvement. In fact, as my car currently stands, I really don't think it could handle any more power (like REVO etc apparently provide) as it would probably become undriveable, being FWD.

Pulling away hard from standstill gives wheel spin in 1st and 2nd, and very nearly in 3rd, so whilst I usually sing the praises of Falken (FK452) tyres they just aren't cutting it now with the extra power. Will be changing the tyres pretty soon I think. I'm also considering some new engine mounts or inserts (thanks again Farhan) as wheel hop has appeared when pulling off at full throttle from standstill.

DSG seems to be fine with the engine remap also. Gear changes are still smooth, and it switches between gears at the same points as it did when I was on the stock map.

I flicked back to the stock map just to see if the bluefin improvement was a bit of placebo. It wasn't. Back in stock form the car felt so much less responsive, especially when on the move.

I'll stick a few more miles on the clock and see how I feel after that, but at the moment i'm smiling.

:lmfao:

You going to Ace on the 27th? I'm 50/50 at the moment, but gradually swaying towards 100% going.

im 50/50 but knowing howboredi normally get over x mas ill be there. Unless the weathers dia!

GOOD STUFF rye & ads

i should make it to
providing i dont torque steer off the A406 LOL WOOT:arco:

Its ok. On the next convoy we'll give you a 10 mile head start.

well if its anything like the last convoy then you guys will need the head start! all you petrol owners worrying about putting your foot down cos it will drink too much petrol, while i just cruise on at a steady 'healthy' speed and leave you guys behind

U Guys give me joke ....:laugh: