My Second S3

Nikon

Reaction score
Went to my Audi dealer on Sunday 19th November with the intention of ordering a New S3 and with the lead time around 16 weeks I thought delivery around March 2018. I left the show room in a slightly stunned state having just bought the Black Edition S3 that was in the show room and picked up the car on Monday 27th.
I had my previous S3 just short of three years and despite a few niggles enjoyed driving it every time, even trundling around town at 25 mph the exhaust rumbling always made me smile (sad git). I had the water pump issue but it was sorted after a two day visit to the dealers, they were little cagey to be honest regarding the problem seeming to be embarrassed about the whole affair, it does not appear on My Audi vehicle history.
There were some handling issues, done to death in this forum, a bit bouncy on rough roads and the odd heart stopping moment when the front wheels hit a pot hole during a spot of enthusiastic cornering. You perfect the art of avoiding most of the larger lumps missing from the tarmac. That said I do/did love the car enough to buy another one.
I was contemplating an S4 but didn’t like the iPad thingy bolted to the dash. I tried the RS3 it sounded good but IMHO its a little yobbish (sorry RS3 Owners) I’ve had enough unwanted attention with an S3 I would think the RS3 would attract even more.
I now have the S3 Sport Back Black Edition in Tornado Red it has a Pano Roof 19in wheels with Mag Ride, Electric Folding Mirrors, Advanced Tech Pack and Virtual Cockpit. The Mag Ride is amazing soaking up lumps and bumps that my previous S3 would crash over. Not done many miles yet but very happy so far.
S3 Black 1 of 7
S3 Black 6 of 7

Reactions: The Kendragon, Milnesafc, fivespice and 23 others
That's a great looking car, congratulations!
Love the red :salute:

Reactions: lucaslfc and Nikon
Looks pukka that mate ;) congrats!
I aint stopped grinning since i put the upgraded airkit,turbo elbow an muffler delete noise just sounds awesome.
Even made the mrs drive mine and give it some hoof jus so could hear it lol

Enjoy:)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Nikon
I’ve got the Ara Blue Black Edition with all the extras inc pano sunroof as well and I love it!
Looks great in red too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nikon
Went to my Audi dealer on Sunday 19th November with the intention of ordering a New S3 and with the lead time around 16 weeks I thought delivery around March 2018. I left the show room in a slightly stunned state having just bought the Black Edition S3 that was in the show room and picked up the car on Monday 27th.
I had my previous S3 just short of three years and despite a few niggles enjoyed driving it every time, even trundling around town at 25 mph the exhaust rumbling always made me smile (sad git). I had the water pump issue but it was sorted after a two day visit to the dealers, they were little cagey to be honest regarding the problem seeming to be embarrassed about the whole affair, it does not appear on My Audi vehicle history.
There were some handling issues, done to death in this forum, a bit bouncy on rough roads and the odd heart stopping moment when the front wheels hit a pot hole during a spot of enthusiastic cornering. You perfect the art of avoiding most of the larger lumps missing from the tarmac. That said I do/did love the car enough to buy another one.
I was contemplating an S4 but didn’t like the iPad thingy bolted to the dash. I tried the RS3 it sounded good but IMHO its a little yobbish (sorry RS3 Owners) I’ve had enough unwanted attention with an S3 I would think the RS3 would attract even more.
I now have the S3 Sport Back Black Edition in Tornado Red it has a Pano Roof 19in wheels with Mag Ride, Electric Folding Mirrors, Advanced Tech Pack and Virtual Cockpit. The Mag Ride is amazing soaking up lumps and bumps that my previous S3 would crash over. Not done many miles yet but very happy so far.View attachment 143232View attachment 143233
@Nikon - Your new S3 looks fab buddy. Congrats !
Loving the tango red
Nice to see something different to navarro blue on a FL S3 TBH :whistle2::D
Just saying ... :hi:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Nikon and Rob2k68
Looking really great... making me jealous waiting and waiting and waiting..........

Cracking car cracking spec no bad colour lol enjoy mate oh l forgot... Too add you chose the correct car out of the 3 you mentioned.... Pano-roof..... Very nice indeed

Great looking S3. As noted above, it is good to see it in red (really suits it)!

Thats a cracking colour, I had a golf in red and it was easy to look after, seemed not to show the crud too much.
For me, it's a surprise you don't see more red S3 as it really suits the car.

Lovely car. Enjoy it to the max. :)

Lovely car. Enjoy it to the max. :)

Pano roof is the best option. I'm on my 5th and wouldn't consider a car without one! They are getting cheaper too and you get a fair part of your money back on resale.

Reactions: Nikon and Sandra
Pano roof is the best option. I'm on my 5th and wouldn't consider a car without one! They are getting cheaper too and you get a fair part of your money back on resale.

Must admit I wouldn’t have speced a Pano roof but it certainly brightens up the interior. Good to hear on the resale side.

@Nikon - Your new S3 looks fab buddy. Congrats !
Loving the tango red
Nice to see something different to navarro blue on a FL S3 TBH :whistle2::D
Just saying ... :hi:
My other S3 was Misano red which seemed to glow in the sunlight. I’m not allowed anything blue that reminds the other half of Subaru’s

Reactions: Audi Bairn

Pano-roof getting cheaper strange how its jumped up £200 in price

Pano-roof getting cheaper strange how its jumped up £200 in price
It started as a £1500 option on 8P and you had to have Interior light pack too. Have seen it as low as £500 on an A1 BE as part of a pack. I think the price is now £1075 on 8V FL before discounts so just over £900 and as you are likely to get back £5-600 on resale it's a relatively cheap option.

Reactions: James 123
It started as a £1500 option on 8P and you had to have Interior light pack too. Have seen it as low as £500 on an A1 BE as part of a pack. I think the price is now £1075 on 8V FL before discounts so just over £900 and as you are likely to get back £5-600 on resale it's a relatively cheap option.

8p's was twice the size, for once l agree with ya it is a win win option, but you do need to sell it out with Audi to regain the extra outlay

Beautiful mate. I'm picking up my new A3 Black edition Sportback on Sunday, Alas my funds wouldn't stretch to the S3 but I am more than happy with the pokey 150bhp from the 2.0 Diesel. Enjoy it :)

Reactions: Nikon and Jassyo06
Looks the business!