My second B8 S4

fcuk1_6

Reaction score
Having sold my white B8 S4 S-Tronic saloon on Saturday picked up my new black one from Aberdeen Audi on Monday.
Loved my white basic spec one with the MRC stage 2 tune but as it was closing in on 60k miles decided to sell her on.

Had been looking at options on what to replace her with I wanted to stay with Audi for the 4wd combined with comfort although did briefly consider a Golf R. TTRS is good handling and fun but budget would only allow a manual and most my mileage is rush hour stop start traffic so that was a no go, C6 RS6 is a monster but doing 50 miles a day round trip for work the MPG would of killed me so decided on another S4 saloon. I could have got a B8.5 but would have been another basic spec one and wanted to see what everyone was raging about with the Quattro Sports Diff.
Found one at Aberdeen Audi with 27500 miles which had the sports diff along with ADS, heated memory super sport seats, HDD nav, B&O, juke box, front parking sensors and rear parking camera and the 19" alloys. After a bit of haggling we did the deal.

So far really enjoying the car. Differences wise here are my thoughts:
Although I've not really driven the car in anger yet I would say the sports diff does make a noticeable difference, the nose feels more keen to turn in and doesn't push wide on long corners or roundabouts which after coming from Evos and Scoobies was a bit of a let down in the old S4.
The super sport seats make the car feel more special when driving it, the standard sports seats feel like any other modern Audis but the super sports make you feel you are in a real sport model and they hold you well without being uncomfortable although I think the leather on the normal seats was less squeaky.
I'm still fiddling with the ADS, it does help a little and again may be more noticeable during a spirited drive but I wouldn't say its a must have by any means.
The B&O is better than the standard Bose but it is a little tinny IMO but still a good step forward.
The HDD nav is handy to have but can't compare it to the standard nav as my old S4 had none.
The advance key is pointless IMO as there is no lock/unlock button on the door handle so you still need to get the key out to lock and unlock the car.
I'm not too bothered with the reverse camera either, if it didn't have sensors it would be handy but I think it's overkill having both.
The juke box is a good idea but seems that you have to put music onto SD card to upload it rather than through CDs or "external source" which seems a bit daft to me.
I want to get this one back into MRC ASAP as the step back in performance is noticeable to say the very least, also might help me make the very most of the diff and ADS . I'll get more pics up once I get the car cleaned up to my standard.
P.S. sorry for my ugly mug in the second shot, Audi wanted a pic of me picking the car up and it's the only pic I have of the car at the mo.

Reactions: TahirS, mister.c., scotty76 and 3 others
My B8.5 S4 had the advanced key. The door handles hand a square button on them which you rest your finger on to open the door without having to unlock with the key

Reactions: TahirS, fcuk1_6 and DAYTONA 500
Very nice car, side pic of those 19"s? :hubbahubba:

Reactions: fcuk1_6
Thanks for the heads up Skiptown, I'll try to look into that. That's what I would have thought would be the case on all the cars with the advanced key miatang, even my mum's clio has that! Thanks PB2.7, more pics to follow once I get her a good clean.

Well done on your new purchase.

Looks nice good choice of colour too any external mods planned??

Very nice you've obviously got good taste,its almost identical to my old S4 even down to the reg mine started AV60.When you say the advanced key isn't working i presume you have the starter button in the centre console?.
IMG_0063copycopycopycopy-Version2_zps86ba1a06.jpg

Reactions: miatang, THQuattro and fcuk1_6
No external mods planned at the moment V6 Quatt but I've said that with previous cars and been drawn to the dark side,lol.
Yeah Daytona, it's got the start/stop button in the centre console, I've emailed the used car manager at Aberdeen as it looks like there must be a fault rather than that's how it's meant to be. I like the two tone seats, did u have the light colour headlining?

Reactions: DAYTONA 500
No external mods planned at the moment V6 Quatt but I've said that with previous cars and been drawn to the dark side,lol.
Yeah Daytona, it's got the start/stop button in the centre console, I've emailed the used car manager at Aberdeen as it looks like there must be a fault rather than that's how it's meant to be. I like the two tone seats, did u have the light colour headlining?

Ive read about faults with the sensors on the door handles so it might be that and im sure they'll sort it out for you.No it was the Black head lining,the Black and Silver seats are stunning imo much nicer than the Black and Red version which i have in my current S5.The sports diff /dynamic steering and active suspension make a big difference to the car and im sure you're gonna enjoy the experience.
P1000093_zpsdb446995.jpg

Reactions: TahirS, DrSasso and fcuk1_6
Looks lovely fc.., the sports diff is well worth it just to keep the understeer in check alone.
The B&O is wonderful when its LOUD! But personally I think It's like any other 'wireless' at low volume..plus I found with the jukebox that after the first file transfer being a bit of a faff, I just leave all my tunes on the sd card now...which has more than enough capacity for my entire iTunes library...there really is no limit to memory & space...gone are the days of having a bumper book storage CD wallet shoved in the sun visor eh?!:D
Enjoy..

Last edited:
Reactions: fcuk1_6, TahirS and V6 Quatt
Yeah I'll need to get myself an SD card and get the library transferred. Still got a wallet full of CDs I'd like to get on there too.

Reactions: TahirS
Very nice, I considered going to see this one before I found one locally.

I went for a manual car, I'd have liked the diff and sat nav but I went for one without. But it's sepang blue and has APR exhaust, intake and stage 2+ so it's a good compromise.

Reactions: TahirS and rizzini7
Sounds nice, like the Sepang blue, really suits the car.

Lovely choice of car and interesting feedback. Look forward to seeing more pics!

Got a few pics now shes had a good clean

Reactions: AdamB8
Doesn't stay that way long at this time of the year unfortunately.

Got it into Glasgow Audi on Saturday and the advance key keyless entry is now working although I had to hang about for 5 hours to get the faulty part in one of the rear door handles swapped over but at least its sorted now :)

Thats a very nice spec and in the best colour too :D

Nice car mate, good colour choice ;)

wish id waited to get one with those seats v nice !

My B8.5 S4 had the advanced key. The door handles hand a square button on them which you rest your finger on to open the door without having to unlock with the key
SHould be a square touch sensative button on every handle. Advance key is a godsend when sharing the car, BMW is better as it memorises more custom settings than Audi.

Couple it with memory seats its really good.

I wouldn't have a car without it now after two, it was on my "must have" list.

Rear camera is super handy, if your view is blocked by a van or wall you can see when reversing out. The sensors go single tone with feet to spare, with the camera you can get a few inches away.

Rear camera is super handy, if your view is blocked by a van or wall you can see when reversing out. The sensors go single tone with feet to spare, with the camera you can get a few inches away.
Superb feature, was also on my must have list. Have it on the X5 (Std Def) had to have it on the RS (Hi Def) plus the added lines for parrallel parking.

Once you have it you wouldn't be without it, make any car tiny. Retrofit is pretty easy too.
2014 audi rs6 avant 73 1920x1080

Ive read about faults with the sensors on the door handles so it might be that and im sure they'll sort it out for you.No it was the Black head lining,the Black and Silver seats are stunning imo much nicer than the Black and Red version which i have in my current S5.The sports diff /dynamic steering and active suspension make a big difference to the car and im sure you're gonna enjoy the experience.
P1000093_zpsdb446995.jpg
I've gone for black and silver in mine, too. Sadly, I can't post a pic of them because those feckless leftie German trade unionists still haven't built it yet!!

(Sorry, the wait gets to me sometimes.)

Couple of interior pics of my old one just to wet you're appetite.
DSC00143_zps30034e1e.jpg

HighResImage-3.aspx_zpsxuknuxet.jpeg

DSC00142_zpswdozd4gi.jpg

audi7_zpshb2ubrzs.jpg

Reactions: fcuk1_6 and jdp1962