My S5

s4harv

Reaction score
Here are some pics of mine, if the links work?

Don't know if other owners have noticed, but goes much quicker once mileage went over 1500!

IMG_2781.jpg

IMG_2782.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

Damn I love the S5. I hated it on the screen and the brochure, but then I saw one.

I know what you mean! The R8 looks so much better in the flesh also.

Not all colours look too great also, I managed to jump out of one into this cancellec order as I prefered colour etc...

:sign_unfair: I want one!

Looks well mate I bet your pleased.

Looks great, nice colour choice, I pick up a Phantom Black/Magma S5 on Friday to replace my BMW 630, they do look better in the metal than in pics. Theres a good write up on the S5 in this weeks Auto Express, comes very close to beating the new M3.

Nice combo also, enjoy!!!!

I would be curious if you feel it is limited to start with? It was like a switch flicked once the miles went up, really strange!

very nice lad - saw one on monday there at the dealers, i was impressed

also saw a black r8 and as said, much nicer in person and much smaller i think!

Lovely car by why does Audi have to cheapen it with the silly V8 badges on the wings? The do the same thing with the S6 and it just looks like an afterthought.

TuffLittleUnit said:
Nice ... no, lovely. What colour is that? Quartz grey?

It is indeed Quarty grey - I would not of thought of ordering this colour in my wildest dreams from the brochure.

I ordered Meteor Grey, saw a LHD A5 in it and really wasn't impressed, so changed to Black. Then found this car in a dealers showroom and really liked it so managed to sell on the order of Black one and effectivley swapped cars!

I must say, I love the colour and think it suits the car very well and would recommend to anyone ordering one. Black looks very nice too, but make sure you see a meteor Grey first as it looks very different in the flesh to the brochure - IMHO.

s4harv said:
It is indeed Quarty grey - I would not of thought of ordering this colour in my wildest dreams from the brochure.

I ordered Meteor Grey, saw a LHD A5 in it and really wasn't impressed, so changed to Black. Then found this car in a dealers showroom and really liked it so managed to sell on the order of Black one and effectivley swapped cars!

I must say, I love the colour and think it suits the car very well and would recommend to anyone ordering one. Black looks very nice too, but make sure you see a meteor Grey first as it looks very different in the flesh to the brochure - IMHO.

3 of the 4 A5s/S5s in Leeds Audi were black when I popped in a couple of weeks ago, the other was the bright silver. The black seems to hide the lines which to me is a travesty on any coupe. The silver was OK but so many cars are that colour already. Quartz grey and Meteor grey were the two colours that looked most attractive in the marketing materials. Gotta say yours looks stunning on the photos.

Congratulations! Very nice!

Are any other bucket seats available? with hardshell? like the ones in the S4 or the S3?

Pedro

very nice indeed. I noticed it doesn't have aluminum pedals. Not a big issue but it puts me off abit for a S5.

Otherwise everything looks very tidy, congrats!

quite impressed at the price as well not too bad on the wallet it would seem

Picked up mine on Friday, no time to take proper pics yet, but will do next weekend if the weathers ok. Great car and great service from Reading Audi.

First Audi after a string of BM's but so far I love it.

17092007437.jpg

Copyof15092007398-001.jpg

17092007428.jpg

Very nice mate!

Mine is still putting a smile on my face every day

One pointer, make sure the red light appears on the handbrake as mine doesn't always catch if your quick, and twice its rolled down the road

Dude - Sweeeeeeeeeet! Keep seeing one in Bracknell driving out towards A329 in the morning, but it's on the other carriageway opposite! D'oh!!!

DPM said:
Do i spot Red leather Blade?... Mmmm!

Yeah baby !!! Seriously I had sleepless nights over the leather colour but you have to see it before you mock, it looks amazing.. not the kind of garish red you get in some cars. I'm Mr frickin conservative as a rule but I went with the advice of the Audi dealers on this one. Red/black and carbon atlas looks special...:p

And S31zzo as for S5's in white....each to their own I guess, personally I think white looks great on smaller cars, just watch the new Fiat 500. Bigger cars though, Nah !! You'd lose the style lines on an S5. Ok if you live out in Saudi or California, but not here in the wet and muddy UK. But then thats just my opinion and I completely respect yours - even if you are wrong :hubbahubba: (I'm kidding !)

Fantastic looking cars

The side on black looks a bit Aston Martin to me - which is no bad thing.

And the front grill in your rear view mirror definitely says "move over" :)

s4harv said:
I know what you mean! The R8 looks so much better in the flesh also.

Not all colours look too great also, I managed to jump out of one into this cancellec order as I prefered colour etc...

Whys your car for sale on Piston heads ???? You bailing out or is this the original ad for the car your bought ?? Just curious

Blade said:
Yeah baby !!! Seriously I had sleepless nights over the leather colour but you have to see it before you mock, it looks amazing.. not the kind of garish red you get in some cars. I'm Mr frickin conservative as a rule but I went with the advice of the Audi dealers on this one. Red/black and carbon atlas looks special...:p

And S31zzo as for S5's in white....each to their own I guess, personally I think white looks great on smaller cars, just watch the new Fiat 500. Bigger cars though, Nah !! You'd lose the style lines on an S5. Ok if you live out in Saudi or California, but not here in the wet and muddy UK. But then thats just my opinion and I completely respect yours - even if you are wrong :hubbahubba: (I'm kidding !)

Who's mocking, i love red leather in black cars! That's what i wanted in my S3 but had to settle for grey as it was a option in the 8L S3!

Well done my friend, nice touch!

:icon_thumright:

DPM said:
Who's mocking, i love red leather in black cars! That's what i wanted in my S3 but had to settle for grey as it was a option in the 8L S3!

Well done my friend, nice touch!

:icon_thumright:

Thanks. Can't take the credit for the choice, if the wife and the dealers hadn't been so persuasive I'd have gone for black or silver leather. Does look damn fine tho.

Blade said:
Whys your car for sale on Piston heads ???? You bailing out or is this the original ad for the car your bought ?? Just curious

I have another car coming already, don't keep cars long as try to minimize depreciation. Although my Autotrader ad ran out a week or so ago, I'm finding it difficult to readvertise - I love this car!

s4harv said:
Nice combo also, enjoy!!!!

I would be curious if you feel it is limited to start with? It was like a switch flicked once the miles went up, really strange!
Harv, what sort of economy are you getting, average?. Nice Car by the way.;)

Computer says 20.7 average. Not bad considering I have been gently 'running it in'!!!

Blade said:
Picked up mine on Friday, no time to take proper pics yet, but will do next weekend if the weathers ok. Great car and great service from Reading Audi.

First Audi after a string of BM's but so far I love it.

Blade, nice car mate.:hubbahubba:

Cheers, likewise the RS4. Not getting more than 18 mpg from mine at moment but its early days..