My S4 Cabby Thread

mattmanwrx

Used to have a wrx. Now an S4
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

new to audi ownership, had my S4 cab for about 6 months now, loving it all the time, but even more so with the roof down. Had an Impreza before this, so needed something just as fast, but needed comfort, style and class... This is the motor for me!

Pretty stock at the moment, 59,000 odd miles, 2005 54 plate. got all electric seats (in that nappa silver off white but not beige/cream grey-ie colour!), all foot well lights, coming home lights, electric folding mirrors, bose system, and all the stock bits. Coming from the scooby, I wanted something that didn't need to be modified to get what I wanted.

Saying that, I have some mods on the cards...
Got the rdx boot lip spoiler ready to fit, got some pressed plates but waiting for some plate holders to put the plates in. Want the cdx side skirts that are on the write up thread, and probably refurb/change the wheels...
Exhaust is on the cards too, will be getting the b7 S4 rear valance, and want/NEED the quad tips... might go miltek, might go for a full custom exhaust off a buddy who makes them for a living.. still deciding.. just need more sound from that V8!!

Now for some pics...

The day I got, and the last day I saw my Scooby!!

IMG_20150717_140605.jpg

IMG_20150717_140600.jpg

IMG_20150717_140544.jpg

I got some Snow Foam the other week, to keep the car clean all the time... Here is a small time lapse of the snowfoam and wash procedure (if it shows)... (to best view this, let it go through all images (I move the car), then watch it from the beginning)

washing-car.gif

And then some final pics after the clean...
100_0189.jpg

100_0190.jpg

100_0194.jpg

100_0193.jpg

Anything YOU think I should do to the car?
What colour should the wheels be? (same? black? purple? get rid of those wheels!)

Thanks, Matt

Reactions: rjm180, Welshquattro and THQuattro
Very nice , the Wife/Kids have one and it is a lovely car, i put a full custom 200 cell exhaust system from BCS and its epic.

Thanks.

I'm not sure on a full exhaust, after having the Scooby it was always loud, so not sure I want too much noise from it.. Maybe just a little v8 rumble.

You could get a remote exhaust where you can make it loud at a touch of a button

You could get a remote exhaust where you can make it loud at a touch of a button

Yea was thinking that, but would just rather have a full on exhaust with no messing about.
Have looked into the cutouts and flaps, but maybe needing 2 (as its v8) or having a failures has kinda put me off.

Hi Mattmanwrx,

Great time lapse video and car! You have a beast right there. The inner petrol head inside me is going to ask you to 'gut' your exhaust!

If you can do it, the V8 on the B6/B7 is easily one of the nicest engine notes ever. If not going for the full on Lion experience and prefer to settle for the baby Cub one, you can get a cat back system, de-resonated. (No middle muffler)

:)

Dan.

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Thanks Dan!! Loving the Audi life, and the cab life too!

Before the Scooby, I had a 106 with a decatted straight through to rear box exhaust. It was loud! Then the Scooby, they're loud anyway, but with a full exhaust on that too, it was loud!!

When I picked up the Audi and drove home, I found out that you can actually hear the stereo on the motorway! Don't want to ruin that experience.

Just not too sure what I want to do, don't want to spoil the car by not putting a zorst on it lol.

I heard a miltek that I think was resonated and thought it was perfect for me, but now not too sure!!

Matt

Thanks Dan!! Loving the Audi life, and the cab life too!

Before the Scooby, I had a 106 with a decatted straight through to rear box exhaust. It was loud! Then the Scooby, they're loud anyway, but with a full exhaust on that too, it was loud!!

When I picked up the Audi and drove home, I found out that you can actually hear the stereo on the motorway! Don't want to ruin that experience.

Just not too sure what I want to do, don't want to spoil the car by not putting a zorst on it lol.

I heard a miltek that I think was resonated and thought it was perfect for me, but now not too sure!!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Glad you are mate, welcome to full on Audi love here haha.

Oh right, so you obviously know what im talking about when gutting the exhaust! :) Yes the scooby doo was probably a little rocket when did the exhaust too. Ive always liked the 'burble' note you get from those 4 pots.

Haha, what a surprise you could hear the Radio!

I still think you should put an exhaust on it..even if its a Cat Back. It wont sound ridiculously loud, just a little more aggressive when you poke it.

In my opinion, probably not worth the money to have open/close valve technology at the push of a button. If anything, a butterfly valve where the more you floor it the louder it sounds would be more cost effective. Like that of the CLA45 AMG.

So, I fitted cruise control a while back. All working great and a great addition.

Today I fitted a smart top module! Love it. Being able to do one touch on the roof button, up and down. One touch on the "all windows" button up too! What should have been there from the beginning. Up and down on the remote (although I won't do this much as don't like doing working roof while engine not running). It also lets you do it while driving, which is cool. No more at lights waiting for the lights to change!! Although won't go to fast, don't want to break anything !

Oh, also got a machine polisher, so will be getting my car completely defect free, and looking gleaming!!

Next on the list, still saving and keep changing my mind on exhaust. Still want side skirts (I think, not sure how it will look not lowered).

Might get a video of roof with no keys etc soon, will see if I can be bothered lol.

Matt

Reactions: DrStrange and rjm180
I put a remote roof on mine last year there mega don't no why Audi never did this its saves loads of time and on hot days when your walking back to the car you can have the roof down as your walking to the car

Reactions: rjm180
Yeah man it is a great mod I'm sure I will use it more than think

Reactions: rjm180
Awesome work Matt. Great mods thus far!

Completely agree, this should have been from the factory but oh well lol

Reactions: mattmanwrx
Cheers buddy. With the b7 you can put the roof down while moving, in case of rain. As said should be added from factory though.

Reactions: DrStrange