IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0605.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0606.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0604.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0607.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0610.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v245/Klauster/my new s3/IMG_0609.jpg

MTM remap booked for Feb, comments welcome....

Very nice, had a look at a black one at my main dealers the other week. Really like the model but cannot justify the cost to change. Looks very nice in the grey too.

Whats the full spec ???

ps. I gather the roads where fairly quiet as you have parked up on a roundabout junction for the photo shoot :)

hehe, its a dead end on an industrial estate :)

Full spec is:

DVD sat nav
Bose upgrade
6 CD autochanger
Sunroof
Interior Light pack
Rain and mirror pack (or whatever its called)

think thats it

looks nice, like the colour!

suprised you didn't opt for the armrest, comes in very handy i tell ya!

i like the S3 but not too keen on the front bumper and the wheels

the front bumper doesn't flow very well with the side fog light grille for some reason

is it quick then?

Really like that!!! Looks great in Grey too.. Nice one matey...:)

gorgoues.

what kind of dead pedal do you have? is it a aliminum one to match the pedals? im thinking for us none s3 owners here we could have found ourselves a nice shiney oem dead pedal!!

RobinA3 said:
i like the S3 but not too keen on the front bumper...

exactly what i was thinking - I've always thought that the SFG hasn't suited the smaller 8P. And i have only just noticed from those pictures that just there's far too much chrome on the SFG too..

other than that, its a stunning car in a stunning colour, with a lovely interior!! enjoy!

Your car looks the business, I am interested in your thoughts regarding the sunroof, do you have any pics?
I have ordered a sunroof for my Brilliant Red S3 that is being built this week although I nearly changed my mind a few times. The S3 that I drove seemed quite dark inside without the sunroof and so I opted for the roof based on the fact that my existing GTI 1.8T has got one and is quite light and airy. I often drive along with the sunroof tilted up at the back for fresh air as well. Have I made the right decision??!!
I did not bother with the armrest, it just seemed to get in the way!
Your S3 is the first that I have seen without the radio controls on the steering wheel. Again, I did not bother with this either.
Other changes I went for were the Ipod connection and the lumbar.
I did not spec the Sat Nav.
Maybe I should have had the interior lights pack but it is too late now!!

Cheers, prt

klauster

Thanks for those great pics. I should be able to make my final decision on Dolphin Grey Vs Phantom Black now.

It does look great in Dolphin, I have to say.

AL

Nice colour & spec, although I'd have added the FCA, MFSW & GSM to it tbh.

prt57 said:
Your car looks the business, I am interested in your thoughts regarding the sunroof, do you have any pics?
I have ordered a sunroof for my Brilliant Red S3 that is being built this week although I nearly changed my mind a few times. The S3 that I drove seemed quite dark inside without the sunroof and so I opted for the roof based on the fact that my existing GTI 1.8T has got one and is quite light and airy. I often drive along with the sunroof tilted up at the back for fresh air as well. Have I made the right decision??!!
I did not bother with the armrest, it just seemed to get in the way!
Your S3 is the first that I have seen without the radio controls on the steering wheel. Again, I did not bother with this either.
Other changes I went for were the Ipod connection and the lumbar.
I did not spec the Sat Nav.
Maybe I should have had the interior lights pack but it is too late now!!

Cheers, prt

I too like the extra light that a sunroof provides as well as the fact we often than not we have the sun/dry days just not the heat, which is when I have it open.

Interior light pack is cool, really chuffed with the spec, I was trying to be good (and not get carried away) and this is my first Audi... next time I may tick a few more boxes, but have to say the car has exceeded my expectations in EVERY way, it looks good, it handles well, and compared to my R32 its got the performance I like, but now with excellent build quality and refinement.

Everyone who has seen as has had good things to say.... one please Audi owner here :)

Nice. Mine should be on its way to the UK now, can't wait :)

prt57 said:
Cheers, prt

I have had all of my Audi's (list below) without sunroof's. I had all with Climate Control and it never seem to matter there was no hole near my head! I also found the extra 4-5 cm's above my head more to my liking, then the >1cm I had with a sunroof on previous cars.

If you are worried about the light you can order white headlining, however my 1.8TQ had white, for my current S3 I ordered black after the sales guy said it looked better inside, he was right too. Good chap. There is no need to worry how dark it looks as you spend all of your time looking outside!! :)

AL_B said:
klauster

Thanks for those great pics. I should be able to make my final decision on Dolphin Grey Vs Phantom Black now.

It does look great in Dolphin, I have to say.

AL

I have a Dolphin Grey for the last 5 1/2 years and its a great colour, hides the dirt really well, for which I can't say of a previous black car that only hid the dirt for a nanosecond after I finished cleaning it each week! :banghead: Then it was dirty again! :blownose: Sob.

I have a very apt S3 xxx number plate for a Grey car if you want to PM me to find out more. I am planning to sell it on the current S3, as I have a new S3 xxx for my new S3 sometime after week 12, so let me know if you are interested, i'll probably let it go for cost.

klauster said:
I still havent had chance to do a proper detailing session, but here is a taster...

MTM remap booked for Feb, comments welcome....

Forgot to say nice car, very, erm, grey! :respekt:
Just like my current S3 infact, also, erm, very grey on the outside too! Fab colour. :yes:

I'm on my second silver Audi. Silver too, is very good for hiding dirt. But like others on here - I can't possibly have yet another Silver car.

Plus, the Golf that we have, which is a metalic/pearl black (which contains a gold flec), looks absolutely stunning when clean.

I agree, you can wash the black car in the morning, it'll rain in the afternoon, and then you've got rain water marks all over it. Its very annoying. But you do get to see more of a result from your efforts, especially when compared with a silver car.

But for me, I always regretted NOT getting black for my current S3 8L. As when you see cars like Chelsea_Micks (over on tyresmoke, probably the most immaculate black S3 you'll ever see), I always thought "wish I'd got black".

Steve,

Thanks for the plate offer. If I do change my mind to Dolphin, I will let you know.

Cheers

AL