My S3

So new kia rio sr7 run around has arrived.

Fear not, i have plans until the audi is back ;)

Attachments

• rio.jpg
    rio.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Reactions: S. and S3Alex
So.... The gearbox arrived late yesterday evening and Audi have started the repairs first thing this morning, following the gearbox replacement i will be getting the Cam Follower done as its due.

THEN...

Car is getting a 3 stage machine polish / detail.

THEN

Its getting a drive back home and put under a Storm Car Cover i have just purchased so it can be looked after and used for enjoyment reasons only .

THEN

This is how i will walk back into the house....

giphy.gif

Reactions: Mario8P, Smirky and leshkin
Nice! Just be careful with that SR7 - I hear they are brutal and known to catch people out with their extreme levels of performance! I seem to remember Kia offering a performance driving course to better-prepare new drivers.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Nice! Just be careful with that SR7 - I hear they are brutal and known to catch people out with their extreme levels of performance! I seem to remember Kia offering a performance driving course to better-prepare new drivers.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The 0-60 is a stonking 12.9 seconds maybe even 13.9! just imagine how brutal it would be if i put a turbo on it!

The last 24 hours have been eventful ...

2 minutes from home in the kia going down country lanes and a golf decides to bomb it and force me into a headge whilst smashing my wing mirror to pieces ... not happy

I then see the audi is home and I'm chuffed and take it for drive to shops. I get less that a mile from the house and while going up a hill I here an almighty hiss! I then have to drive home at less than 10mph home as the car is all over the place ! Call the aa and a boost hose has blown off !!!!!

Besides the above the s3 is a joy to drive and is so much better than before ! Makes me think it's been my gearbox all along

Reactions: leshkin
Wow, did he stop?

Nice to hear that your box is back in one piece! Can we expect you to hit the magic 400+ at the next RR day then?

Noo drove off like the **** he is ! I'd like to hope so for sure it feels so much more powerful . I need to get dsg map reloaded though

Noo drove off like the **** he is ! I'd like to hope so for sure it feels so much more powerful . I need to get dsg map reloaded though

Damn! I guess there are plenty of bar stewards out there - I hope he gets a good lesson sooner rather than later, before anyone else suffers for his stupidity.

I'm thinking about getting my DSG mapped too, but keep finding other things on which to spend my cash :) A set of ARBs and a BBK is my next upgrade... Which brings me on the subject of your Yellow Sport kit - how has it been for you since fitted? I heard about them from a Honda-loving friend of mine too, and they are rated highly in the Jap car world, but not so known on the VAG scene as far as I know.

I know his wing mirror was ruined so happy it will cost more for him that me :)

I've found it really really good . Not had any issues what so ever . Really responsive braking too ! And for the money you cannot go wrong !

Some interesting info if anyone is looking to get DSG Dokter / TVS engineering DSG software.

I contacted them a couple of days ago about software costs and got this reply last night:

"STA and Awesome GTI will be setup as our partner/dealer, you can also contact them.

Awesome GTI is still not sure, STA in Aylesbury is 99% sure.

But if you want the best of the best fine tuning, you have to drive up here."

Reactions: S3Alex
Great! I'm only 30 min from STA and planned on getting dsg upgraded very soon. Thanks

They are calling me back later with prices e.c.t so will let you know!

TVS say you need the racing clutch but everyone i have spoken to has said it is not needed if the car is not being raced/ 1/4 mile all the time

So update long awaited ...

@leshkin

Took the car to AMD as I had missfires across 3 cylinders . they checked fueling ,sparks e.c.t but I have suspected valve float ( very annoying )

So as per usual an upgrade is needed to cure the problem so currently being done to car :

APR lpfp as the ttrs is at the limit as tested by Apr
APR tte42o official map
APR uprated valves

spoken a lot to APR and the above is going to make the car a lot more solid and will be running a map for the tte turbo rather than the stage 2 + map that was never designed for it . I'm also getting the stage 2 spring fitted for the actuator on the turbo which was released after I had it fitted

figures from Apr on Link below . it's a good read

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/turbo_tte420_ea113_20t_r.html

Hopefully this will cure the missfires but fairly 100 percent I have valve float so get that sorted and get the car more solid . watch this space :)

Alex

Reactions: S3Alex, Compkiler and Smirky
So update long awaited ...

@leshkin

Took the car to AMD as I had missfires across 3 cylinders . they checked fueling ,sparks e.c.t but I have suspected valve float ( very annoying )

So as per usual an upgrade is needed to cure the problem so currently being done to car :

APR lpfp as the ttrs is at the limit as tested by Apr
APR tte42o official map
APR uprated valves

spoken a lot to APR and the above is going to make the car a lot more solid and will be running a map for the tte turbo rather than the stage 2 + map that was never designed for it . I'm also getting the stage 2 spring fitted for the actuator on the turbo which was released after I had it fitted

figures from Apr on Link below . it's a good read

http://www.goapr.co.uk/products/turbo_tte420_ea113_20t_r.html

Hopefully this will cure the missfires but fairly 100 percent I have valve float so get that sorted and get the car more solid . watch this space :)

Alex
Good news Alex,
I saw your car was up there the last 2 times mine has been up there ,
Interesting on the misfire front as mine has a misfire issue at idle on 3 cylinders too mainly cylinder 3 though , so mines there at the moment too having the injectors refurbed ,they don't think it's the valve springs on mine as its at idle and I assume yours is higher up the rev range if there doing valve springs ?
Curious to see what figures yours puts out with the new additions to her

It's been there a while . waiting for parts ! also Apr had go alter the map settings for my car ... long wait ! hope they sort yours out . mine is higher up the rev range . there was a problem with the wrong springs I read somewhere but even with oem and so much power it's better to uprate them. logs linked to fueling but fueling tests were fine so leaves valve float . I think the figures should be good 400 plus and I'm happy :)

Reactions: Smirky
Yeah they ruled valve float out for mine , it's got an over boost issue aswell possible n75 valve (fingers crossed) mine could be there a while too at this rate ,
You should be well into the 400s with that set up !
Hopefully we will both be sorted and catch up at one of the big meets in the Summer !

I'll swap issues please haha . I think I should be around what I had before 420 bhp ish and 445 llbs . Yeah that would be good really want it fixed for the summer ! :)

I'll swap issues please haha . I think I should be around what I had before 420 bhp ish and 445 llbs . Yeah that would be good really want it fixed for the summer ! :)
Think your push past the 420 mark ,
Yours is the cdl engine ain't it ? So lucky you don't need to add a forged engine to it just yet that will come when you put a big turbo in it
What you doing with your ttrs lpfp?

I hope so ! dsg map going back on it to but thinking about getting the Apr dsg map as looks good and more options . not sure what mine is ? big turbo is the next step . I'm happy to see the summer through as it is after this work is done ! . I'm going to sell it as won't have any need for it

I hope so ! dsg map going back on it to but thinking about getting the Apr dsg map as looks good and more options . not sure what mine is ? big turbo is the next step . I'm happy to see the summer through as it is after this work is done ! . I'm going to sell it as won't have any need for it
Think yours will be the cdl so in take more torque than my bhz engine,
Yeah I'm gonna hybrid mine over the coming winter hopefully just enjoy it this summer !
Can I have first dibs when you get round to selling it ?

What's the difference between bhz and cdl ? you'll enjoy the extra power it's a big step up from 2 + . I'm actually considering having it for the summer and selling but will be one hardest decisions to make because done nothing but looked after that car. only on 40k to !

Main reason I'm scared of pushing my bhp, so scared the box will **** itself. Sounds like you had a good bit of luck with a dealer! Mines only on 20k yet still panic one day the dsg will decide not to work, car is epic though pal

Main reason I'm scared of pushing my bhp, so scared the box will **** itself. Sounds like you had a good bit of luck with a dealer! Mines only on 20k yet still panic one day the dsg will decide not to work, car is epic though pal

My box went at about 35 it's very unlikely it would . I was very lucky with the dealer but they didn't put a warranty on it ...don't blame them haha . Cheers mate . an expensive journey but very fun :)

What's the difference between bhz and cdl ? you'll enjoy the extra power it's a big step up from 2 + . I'm actually considering having it for the summer and selling but will be one hardest decisions to make because done nothing but looked after that car. only on 40k to !
Mine is pre face lift so runs the bhz,
I think the cdl engine can take 550 ish ft lb before it needs to be forged where as mine is only about 440ft lb ,

Bummer, hope this is the last surprise she throws at you mate :(

Mines a 2007 pre face lift and im running 370bhp and 396 lbs :)

Mines a 2007 pre face lift and im running 370bhp and 396 lbs :)
Pretty safe under 400ft lb , trouble we have is if we put a tte420 on the numbers there pulling now are very close to us needing to go forged !

Mine is pre face lift so runs the bhz,
I think the cdl engine can take 550 ish ft lb before it needs to be forged where as mine is only about 440ft lb ,

Not too sure about that to be honest.

I thought the cdl was the engine they run in the K1 Leon ?

What I'm saying is that 550lbs sounds an awful lot for a set of stock internals.
Not to say people may be trying that,but I'm not convinced of long term reliability....

Reactions: Alex_Wil and Smirky
What I'm saying is that 550lbs sounds an awful lot for a set of stock internals.
Not to say people may be trying that,but I'm not convinced of long term reliability....
Yeah fair point,
But I know a few that are up there and no problems yet

Reactions: Alex_Wil and S3Alex
**** UPDATE TIME *****

Call from AMD - they have fitted the APR LPFP , Stage 2 spring for the TTE420 Turbo actuator , APR TTE420 MAP & APR DSG MAP - Very APR but the good news is the car is not misfiring and running fine :D :D :D :D :D which is a huge relief as i wont have to spend a lot of money on the valve springs!!

I am going to buy the springs anyhow as this will be a job that i will get done in the future.

One thing on the brakes....Only done about 10K on the new brakes since new and the pads are completely worn so adding the Ferodo DS2500 and picking the car up Friday!

Not sure what was wrong - timing ? lpfp faulty? its a strange one but glad shes back on the road!

Reactions: S3Alex and Smirky
**** UPDATE TIME *****

Call from AMD - they have fitted the APR LPFP , Stage 2 spring for the TTE420 Turbo actuator , APR TTE420 MAP & APR DSG MAP - Very APR but the good news is the car is not misfiring and running fine :D :D :D :D :D which is a huge relief as i wont have to spend a lot of money on the valve springs!!

I am going to buy the springs anyhow as this will be a job that i will get done in the future.

One thing on the brakes....Only done about 10K on the new brakes since new and the pads are completely worn so adding the Ferodo DS2500 and picking the car up Friday!

Not sure what was wrong - timing ? lpfp faulty? its a strange one but glad shes back on the road!
Awsome news mate ! Mine was up there a month and couldn't believe yours was still up there when I collected it!
What's the stage 2 spring for ???
What valve springs are you going for ?

Good news Alex.

Nice to get the car running properly in time for some good weather.