My S3

I didn't mean the dyno, hope to compare how the car drives on the road, that is if alex 'takes me for a ride' so to speak :)

Reactions: S3Alex
Of course :D Any excuse to go for a drive haha

Reactions: Brodster and lucky_bob
Alex, your goina have to star charging lol. Your gona be fully booked on that weekend lol

Reactions: lucky_bob and Alex_Wil
Will cost about a 5er in fuel each time haha

Reactions: Compkiler and lucky_bob
What a read! great work really impressive and motivating, its nice to see peoples helpful input and opinions too!!!

Reactions: Alex_Wil
Cheers Costa . Appreciate the good feedback :)

It's had its ups and downs but rewarding in the long run !

Everything I've done is based on people's guidance and it's worked out well for me .. and also emptied pockets ;)

Reactions: Doogie...
Hi Alex, Got any close of pics of how the brakes sit in the wheels? Want to see how much clearance I won't have haha.

Just took these for you :) let me know if you need any more taken

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 218
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 215
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 219
Reactions: S3Alex and Doogie...
As you can see - there isn't anything much bigger that will fit haha

Thanks Alex, I think as well as stopping me well, they are going to look pretty awesome behind the speedlines.

You'll definitely see the benifits. No one looks at the car anymore . Just the brakes lol

Hi, great read! how much power did you make on stage 2+ or did you never get it dynod?

Cheers mate.

My stage 2 + was up and down but most I made was 350 on bhp and tourque :)

I'm not making any judgement . But all I would do is take it back and ask them to put the Apr map on just see to a comparison. If they ask why just say you want to see the difference and nothing else

Think you'll then see a better figure IMO

When I went for the map with my tte they used their own Map then did the Apr and the latter came out better

Reactions: grchmason
Have you got a gopro? make a video of your supercar man!

What figures did the AmD map give you on your new turbo?

And what map did you originally have when you had around350bhp on stage 2+?

Sorry im hijacking your thread!

Afraid not . I do need to get a video of it though

Gave me 400 bhp and 400 lbs tourqe . Then they tried the Apr stage 2 + map with the turbo and made 410 bhp and 440 lbs tourqe ( massive gain on tourqe! )

I originally had amd when stage 2 + .

Last edited:
Reactions: R-Tech-Nick
maybe it is the quality of amd maps then. heh.
Doing anything new to yours this weekend?

No comment on that . Amd are very good at what they do but every map is different so it's what works with your car .

Just an mot and 4 new tyres for me :)

that's ur problem...try custom r tech or go for apr...i was in same boat bud...
...alex i'm selling my car bud, so i won't attend the meet on 26th, but don't worry about the refund hope u guys get some free food ;)

Reactions: saq85
Your selling!?? How come mate !!??

family reasons bud...sadly it had to go, someone is coming tomorrow, he got a propa bargain n awesome car, i lost a lot, but my family is more important to me...

when i bought the car i used my savings n kept spendin' like there's no tomorrow, now when i needed cash there was no piggy bank to smash, so had to let S3 go...live n learn, always keep savings for bad day...

i'll tell the new owner about the RR day he might wanna go, hope that would be ok?

Sorry to hear that mate . Family does come first . Hope everything sorts itself out for you :) that's not a problem . Pass him my details if you like

Reactions: grchmason and lucky_bob
when i bought the car i used my savings n kept spendin' like there's no tomorrow, now when i needed cash there was no piggy bank to smash, so had to let S3 go...live n learn, always keep savings for bad day...

Likewise really sorry to hear that,and all the best for the future.

Reactions: grchmason and lucky_bob
thx guys, n thx to ASN forum n other members for always giving advice n support not only with the car n mods, but sometimes just a friendly chat :thumbs up:
...must say thx to AmD as well, had a bit of a bumpy ride with stage 2+ map, but otherwise can't really fault them
...thx to Simon Green as well n APR for making such a good map :racer:
...hope at some point will be back here, with the new S3 saloon, love that car :drool:

Reactions: saq85, Compkiler, grchmason and 2 others
Well thank you car and TunbridgeWells audi

Car passed mot with no advisorys so decat here I come

Audi priced matched labour and tyres for the car also :)

Reactions: Compkiler, S3Alex and grchmason
Best do . You have a rr day to show up at ;)

Reactions: Compkiler
Update time

Firstly a massive thank you to S3DUST ( Rich ) for selling me his bcs De cat . Revo induction . Reg g DV valve. Last year nav disc and other goodies ! Been a massive help :)

The car is now fitted with the Bcs and what a sound it makes ! I get one hell of a whip / snap sound on gear changes ! Sounds immense to say the least .

I also have fitted the revo induction hard pipe but with the amd filter so a hybrid intake ! Looks really good . I was never 100 percent on the maf being in a silicone pipe so I'm happy that's resolved now ( pics to follow ) all that's left for me is the 155 bar and lpfp and rtech for the custom map .

Will need to go back to amd to ask them to re do the Apr map as im not running a cat now .

Alex

Reactions: S3DUST and leshkin
I would imagine the apr map Alex will know that you haven't got the cat and adjust to suit anyway?
The maps just flashed on anyway so I dout it will make any difference as I'm sure they adjust to your hardware?
Sounds like the BCS is a lot better than the miltek tho ye? I get my full system fitted on Friday now :)