My S3

I did the suspension around the same time as Stg2 and felt much the same as you did....the car was wobbly,and poorly controlled before,and the brakes needed sorting as well.

Can you elaborate on the antilift kit - not too familiar with it? cost,what does it do e.c.t....

Cheers

Can you elaborate on the antilift kit - not too familiar with it? cost,what does it do e.c.t....

Cheers

I had the Superpro ALK fitted around the same time as the suspension bushing was being replaced,as it's a lot cheaper to have this all done at one time.

This shows the Superpro TCA and ALK in situ...

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/034.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/IMAG0332Copy.jpg

Basically tightens things up a bit,and reduces front end lift under acceleration,but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as big a difference as the ARB's and coilovers.

And some rotten suspension bushes for good measure......

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/IMAG0339Copy.jpg

Reactions: RedDejavu
I had the Superpro ALK fitted around the same time as the suspension bushing was being replaced,as it's a lot cheaper to have this all done at one time.

This shows the Superpro TCA and ALK in situ...

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/034.jpg

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/IMAG0332Copy.jpg

Basically tightens things up a bit,and reduces front end lift under acceleration,but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as big a difference as the ARB's and coilovers.

And some rotten suspension bushes for good measure......

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh544/s3alex/IMAG0339Copy.jpg

Cheers Alex.

So think ill be okay to get coil overs,brakes and arbs then later on get the ALK with suspension bush replacement?

Cheers Alex.

So think ill be okay to get coil overs,brakes and arbs then later on get the ALK with suspension bush replacement?

Hi Alex,

I'd say so......it's all very well biting it all off in one go,but very costly.

I did it in bits,and I think in order of effectiveness it would be:

ARBs
Coilovers
Brakes

Then:

ALK
Bushes

Then:
Haldex controller

And if you go down the same route as me:

Adustable topmounts and track suspension etc......not what you want!

Also,a few of those steps are not worthwhile if you don't have track setups on the car to be honest.

I wouldn't bother with the Haldex controller if you aren't obsessed with handling ,and adjustable topmounts etc are in the same category.

Hi Alex,

I'd say so......it's all very well biting it all off in one go,but very costly.

I did it in bits,and I think in order of effectiveness it would be:

ARBs
Coilovers
Brakes

Then:

ALK
Bushes

Then:
Haldex controller

And if you go down the same route as me:

Adustable topmounts and track suspension etc......not what you want!

Also,a few of those steps are not worthwhile if you don't have track setups on the car to be honest.

I wouldn't bother with the Haldex controller if you aren't obsessed with handling ,and adjustable topmounts etc are in the same category.

Yeah ill do it in that order - going to call AMD now and add coil overs and brakes to when car is booked in for.

Wont get the haldex controller if I'm honest think ill stop at ALK and bushes then go to stage 2+

your advice makes people poor! haha

Yeah ill do it in that order - going to call AMD now and add coil overs and brakes to when car is booked in for.

Wont get the haldex controller if I'm honest think ill stop at ALK and bushes then go to stage 2+

your advice makes people poor! haha

It made me poor,so I don't see why other people shouldn't benefit from being poor as well!

Let me know which brake kit you go for.....

It made me poor,so I don't see why other people shouldn't benefit from being poor as well!

Let me know which brake kit you go for.....

I wasn't going to go for a brake kit as such more of an upgrade and getting front Mintex pads & Zero Sixty discs, thoughts?

ah so jealous for you getting all those bits fitted unfortunately for me next upgrade will be this:

Abc design 3 tec kombikinderwagen dreirad alu lagoon schwarz b 2

Reactions: Hookmonster
ah so jealous for you getting all those bits fitted unfortunately for me next upgrade will be this:

View attachment 33595

haha must be painful :( I've already told my misses there is no chance until I've had my fun with my car and fortunately she loves her cars and wants to get a new one so few more years ;)

My brother is now engaged and has a kid on the way also so has just got rid of his c63 amg 507 addition and now has a Nissan Qashqai ...... ill say no more on my feelings about this haha

Reactions: stetheo and RedDejavu
haha youre right make it most of it while you can, I wish I could buy more bits especially better brakes and a haldex controler but well.... If you can afford it just do it and have joyful fun for both of us:).

Reactions: Alex_Wil
haha youre right make it most of it while you can, I wish I could buy more bits especially better brakes and a haldex controler but well.... If you can afford it just do it and have joyful fun for both of us:).

I will don't you worry! - I try and have an even balance of saving and spending but spending seems more fun at the moment!

All booked for the 30th :D

DSG Remap
KW V1 Coilovers
H&R Arbs
Mintex pads & Zero Sixty discs

Nice! Some very tasty mods being done on the 30th. Pictures or it won't have happened.

Will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the change in characteristics of the handling.

Nice! Some very tasty mods being done on the 30th. Pictures or it won't have happened.

Will be very interested to hear your thoughts on the change in characteristics of the handling.

Don't worry ill make sure there is lots of pictures! the dsg remap might be hard to picture though! haha (that's if the car takes to it this time)

I will write up a detailed report!

Don't worry ill make sure there is lots of pictures! the dsg remap might be hard to picture though! haha (that's if the car takes to it this time)

I will write up a detailed report!

Hahaha you know what i mean! Sounds good to me man, looking forward to it.

Reactions: Alex_Wil
I wasn't going to go for a brake kit as such more of an upgrade and getting front Mintex pads & Zero Sixty discs, thoughts?

Should definitely help.

View attachment 33595

Laugh....I nearly died!

Been there,and thankfully through the years of baby barf and nappies.
Awful business.

Reactions: RedDejavu and Alex_Wil
How does the milltek catback system sound as opposed to the standard.... Looking for a bit more rasp out of mine

there's a few folks that have just went for the rear ARB upgrade this is my intention then the walk kit or is it better going full ARB's

there's a few folks that have just went for the rear ARB upgrade this is my intention then the walk kit or is it better going full ARB's

ARBs all round will make a much bigger difference.

Reactions: manor13
what's a decent brand had a set of eibach's on my mk4 the ones that gave the creak once in a while going over bumps

Another update on the s3 this morning!

Engine cover now fitted! - think will be last thing I do for a small while!

Alex

Alex where did you get the cover from, I'm not sure what I need. Heres what I've got from the forum

TTS cover + 2 long screws and 1 bolt
Enginecover p/n is: 06F 103 925 H
2 x WHT000731A for the rear
1 x 06E 103 164 E for the front

or

Cover: S06F103925J
Ball joint: 06E103164
Ball screw (X2): WHT000731A

Not sure what the correct part numbers are?

How does the milltek catback system sound as opposed to the standard.... Looking for a bit more rasp out of mine

All depends if you get resonated or non resonated - I have non resonated which gives it bit more of a grunt but it is subtle - was well worth it - resonated gives the look but not much of a noise

what's a decent brand had a set of eibach's on my mk4 the ones that gave the creak once in a while going over bumps

I'm going for h&r seems to get good reviews all round - fitted 580 I believe

Reactions: S3Alex
Alex where did you get the cover from, I'm not sure what I need. Heres what I've got from the forum

TTS cover + 2 long screws and 1 bolt
Enginecover p/n is: 06F 103 925 H
2 x WHT000731A for the rear
1 x 06E 103 164 E for the front

or

Cover: S06F103925J
Ball joint: 06E103164
Ball screw (X2): WHT000731A

Not sure what the correct part numbers are?

I got mine direct from Audi quoting these part numbers - around 100 pounds

1 x Engine Cover - 06F 103 925J
1 x Short Lug - 06E 103 164
2 x Long Lug - WHT 000 731A

All depends if you get resonated or non resonated - I have non resonated which gives it bit more of a grunt but it is subtle - was well worth it - resonated gives the look but not much of a noise

Cheers man... Non res all the way

+1 non res all the way.

Yes you could fit the resonated section after. I currently have the non resonated turbo back with sports cat but I am going to fit the resonated section as I find it too boomy for me on motorways and long journeys.
Its each to their own with exhausts what some think is too loud others don't!

Reactions: mechanic69
Yes you could fit the resonated section after. I currently have the non resonated turbo back with sports cat but I am going to fit the resonated section as I find it too boomy for me on motorways and long journeys.
Its each to their own with exhausts what some think is too loud others don't!

Thanks for that, I'm 45 and don't want to sound like the chav boy racer. I want a bit more, as the stock is very quite but not sure if non res is too much.

I will don't you worry! - I try and have an even balance of saving and spending but spending seems more fun at the moment!

All booked for the 30th :D

DSG Remap
KW V1 Coilovers
H&R Arbs
Mintex pads & Zero Sixty discs

Alex - where are you sourcing the zero sixty discs I can't find them on line anywhere? Quite the look of them.

Alex - where are you sourcing the zero sixty discs I can't find them on line anywhere? Quite the look of them.

I get AMD to do all the work on my car so cant help other than that I'm afraid- Give them a call and they can probably deliver some to you.

AMD also supplied and fitted the rear Zero-Sixty kit on mine.

That,plus Mintex 1155 pads,shifted the brake bias a bit and stopped a lot of squirming under heavy braking.

AMD also supplied and fitted the rear Zero-Sixty kit on mine.

That,plus Mintex 1155 pads,shifted the brake bias a bit and stopped a lot of squirming under heavy braking.

Do you know how they adjusted the brake bias, is it a modded part or a manual adjustment on the stock system?

Do you know how they adjusted the brake bias, is it a modded part or a manual adjustment on the stock system?

Simply the product of a more aggressive pad,and better disc......

Prior to that,the front setup was way more effective than the rear,and weight shift under heavy braking was making the rear go very light,and it would squirm around a bit.

Simply the product of a more aggressive pad,and better disc......

Prior to that,the front setup was way more effective than the rear,and weight shift under heavy braking was making the rear go very light,and it would squirm around a bit.

Cheers Alex, are you saying its best to upgrade front and rear at the same time to maintain the balance, rather than just the fronts as I was planning?

Ben at AMD said I should be fine just doing the front if only going stage 2+ so interested to know Alexs thoughts