My s3 v6 build

Yeah I think I’m going to go for it and order the cts one I still have a brand new rear bumper insert so if I decide to use a rear diffuser from another car(like white one above) I can always sell that on as I don’t think they are available anymore when I bought it was told it’s the last one

Yeah that’s the Cts exhaust on a mk4 r32, when it comes il playground f with the bumper if it goes wrong they are fairly cheap for another bumper, going to try and keep the original bumper Style if that doesn’t work will use a rear diffuser from an a4 or golf r

So decided to take a look
At the wiring today have most of the 3.2 loom fitted but have a few plugs I can’t figure out @<tuffty/> any ideas ? the 1st two are cable tied to the ground going to the Alternator I think blue could be the bonnet catch connector not sure on red
549F8521 571C 438B AF9D 832A5BE1FFA4

the other is on the part of the loom with the after run pump and coolant sensor

61C262CA 595F 491E A8FA 955F04CB34A6

Attachments

• F2BDEF7D-A638-417C-949B-33CF65F48D1A.jpeg
    F2BDEF7D-A638-417C-949B-33CF65F48D1A.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 111
Next headache wiring the injectors the oem 3.2 injector plugs have one big and a smaller wire where as the new injector pigtails had to same size wires and none of the colours match, I’m guessing the bigger one is power and the smaller is signial and also wonder if what side of the plug matters or can they go anyway round?

Free if anyone wants them bose sub and cd changer, centre vent 3 gauge pod without gauges and a s3 throttle body

One plug (bigger one I think) should be the SAI (which you look to have removed)... can't remember what the other maybe... possibly the PAS pressure switch or the after run pump... everything else plugged in ok?

<tuffty/>

Reactions: Tj 0785
You could also buzz the pins through to the ECU plug and then look up whats connected to it

<tuffty/>

You could also buzz the pins through to the ECU plug and then look up whats connected to it

<tuffty/>
That’s a bit technical for me, yeah every thing at the front is connected that I can see so I haven’t a clue had me stumped, could be pas switch I’ve not noticed that so maybe hidden away somewhere
Yeah front knock is connected
So is pas pump , Alternater and everything round there, will have to look at buzzing it out and see what it would be

I removed a couple of plugs from my loom... one was the SAI and another was the PCV valve jobber on the OE inlet... can't recall the others as I just connected what I needed to and removed what was left whilst adding in other stuff for the N75, airtemp and MAP

<tuffty/>

Off the shelf bumper for an a3 not sure if the rear arches are the same on s3 don’t want to make the car look max powerish would want something oem looking but this would be a easy fix to cut the holes in right spot for the r32 exhaust, might just leave that idea and go for a valved exhaust don’t know why but r32 seem to sound better than the videos I’ve seen of 3.2 s3’s and I do love that r32 sound

Attachments

• B6AF60AC-6EA9-42B6-AB1A-438716A3D7A0.jpeg
    B6AF60AC-6EA9-42B6-AB1A-438716A3D7A0.jpeg
    350.3 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: S3AMJ
I don’t actually think that looks to bad at all, a “slight” modern take but nothing to over the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the spacing looks all wrong when people do this.

The white S3 further up nailed it perfectly

I think that someone had that on Facebook not sure if it’s a rs4 b7 diffuser or just looks like it

As some of you may know I have issues! I’ve gone and bought a full set of mk4 r32 half leather seats and also the engine,manifolds ,gearbox, looms, ecu with full history, why you ask tbh was only after wiper arms but seen a nice golf clipper and just fancied doing a v6 (maybe supercharged) one , so the fancy rear bumper and Lsd will be put on tha back burner and just get the gearbox with selector forks and 4th gear support done and the monster gear set

Reactions: danny_dj3, S3AMJ and hydro s3
You are a sucker for punishment I’m sure that’ll be a nice build and pretty dam quick, those Golf Clippers don’t weigh much!

You’ll have to post your progress on that build here as well.

You aiming to get your S3 up and running by AITP mate? Only 4-5 months to go I think.

Yeah I hoping by June got a £4K owed to me so once I get that will cover the exhaust and ignitron, just need to get the wiring finished a weekend wasted had it off but it’s rained constantly

Should really buy a ticket now, give me a date set in stone to be done by

Last edited:
Yeah I’m gonna buy one, I have a feeling they will sell out this year because it’s something to do and people will still be hesitant going abroad for holidays etc

Just booked mine, it says last years tickets will roll over to this year so should be busy

Booked mine as well now see you there in our completed cars

Just getting a few quotes for respray as the bonnet, front bumper, rear bumper and roof rails are all a bit tacky, I’m told they can just do an “over spray” so windows don’t have to come out so shouldn’t cost to much but all Exterior plastics will be taken off as I have all new bumper, grills and inserts and the carbon fibre plastics ,

So managed to get a day on the car today, got the injectors wired up fuel regulator and lines are finished now also got the sump removed and fitted a return for the turbo drain when tightening the sump
Back up the hex bit fell out of the screwdriver and has managed to go into clucth housing so need to get a magnet and see if I can fish it out if not will have to take the gearbox off

Reactions: Brad1011
So managed to get a day on the car today, got the injectors wired up fuel regulator and lines are finished now also got the sump removed and fitted a return for the turbo drain when tightening the sump
Back up the hex bit fell out of the screwdriver and has managed to go into clucth housing so need to get a magnet and see if I can fish it out if not will have to take the gearbox off
Can't you just remove the protective metal plate between the lower part of the gearbox & the sump? I've had it happen to me a cpl of times when refitting the sump!

Didn’t think off that, other than the alternator and starter motor is there anything else in the engine bay that should have a ground wire ran to it ?

After losing a bit of interest and other things taking priority I haven’t done anything for a month or two on the car, but today I managed to get the support bracket from transfer box to engine block ee fit the turbo new hard pipe feed and return from the expansion tank fmic is on but will have to redo the brackets a bit better, hopefully get fmic piped up next week with the pas pipework and last of the coolant pipes

Reactions: danny_dj3, S3AMJ and <tuffty/>
Had a bit of a wobble and thought about selling up because of my lack of interest but it really makes no sense, I want to get some oil in and turn it over by hand at least as I’m a little worried about it being sat”dry” for so long
What is the best mineral oil for running in what brand/grade ?

in other new I won this in a competition on Facebook 2019 street triple rs 765 only 600 miles on the clock

Attachments

• 3635A01B-02B8-4A03-98BF-A142C1C99DD7.jpeg
    3635A01B-02B8-4A03-98BF-A142C1C99DD7.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 92
  • E755159A-FC11-483B-9CCC-DC21F7ECD689.jpeg
    E755159A-FC11-483B-9CCC-DC21F7ECD689.jpeg
    300.8 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: S3AMJ, hydro s3 and Brad1011
Cheers have just ordered 6l , it’s not bad bike is 121 Bhp no even got my license yet been all booked for months but COVID delays

Reactions: hydro s3
Don’t get rid of the car mate you’ve come so far with it. Get it done oh and nice win on the bike!