My s3 v6 build

June will be with us before you know it. It would be nice if AITP happens this year. I would go to that, good opportunity to meet everyone and there cars.

No news mate, last I heard was a couple weeks ago. My engine block was off to get line bored. As soon as that’s back Bill said it’s just a case of putting it all back together as they’ve got everything ready to go. I know they’ve been really busy lately.

Looking forward to getting it back, MOT’d, run in, Dyno’d and then enjoy it. It’s going to be my daily for a little while as I’m moving closer to work so will be giving up my company car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sandra, hydro s3 and Tj 0785
Yeah fingers crossed it goes ahead il be going even if mines not road worthy I keep saying il go to the next one but never been

Reactions: Sandra and S3AMJ
Yeah I’m the same, said I would go to the last one and the one before that and never did. Deffo going to this one if it goes ahead. Also meant to be going on a track day with some close friends in March. Just hope I get the car back and all ready for it.

God it’s cold out side spent the day freezing my **** off but managed to get this lot swapped out for the new ones, not a massive amount done today but at least it’s a few more jobs off the list
E4C619E1 BA08 47BE 8FC9 BB7F1FBD58FE

Well done mate...cold steel in your hands...must have been bitter...I took my GF's car today as it has heated seats, us soft southerners eh?

Reactions: Tj 0785
Good work bud, I was out in it today fixing a jacuzzi.... don’t ask it’s not mine either. Can’t wait for spring to come along and “warmer” weather.

Reactions: Sandra and Tj 0785
Well done mate...cold steel in your hands...must have been bitter...I took my GF's car today as it has heated seats, us soft southerners eh?
That is just so funny. Just put extra layers on Tim.

Was cold even put a car mat down but my **** was still numb from sitting on the drive for so long

Reactions: Sandra
I’m looking for some after market locking nuts to use with the originals as a tool extra precaution as there was a car had the wheels taken not far from here apparently a full set of Audi/vw locking nuts keys from a dealer anyone recommended any ?

Why do we do it to ourselves ? I spent 3hours messing about with changing the fuel pump, I can now honestly agree with my girlfriend that I am short tempered... fair play to you TJ for doing this for so long I would of gave up..

Why do we do it to ourselves ? I spent 3hours messing about with changing the fuel pump, I can now honestly agree with my girlfriend that I am short tempered... fair play to you TJ for doing this for so long I would of gave up..
Tapatalk
I’ve been close but if I did I’d have to spend my days off with the misses

it’s never finished the show Goes on.. I bought some locking wheel nuts from creation motorsport a while back can’t see anyone having keys for them, I’d get the obd moved and a decent immobiliser the amount of money you’ve laid out on that car can’t be too careful

Yeah it’s something il have looked into , ghost won’t work on our cars so see what else is out there, the wheels are the one thingpeople stop and comment on when walking past (well and the size of the brakes)and with the car usually on axle stands it won’t take long to take them if they have the dealership set of locking nuts, I mean how they got them I’ve no idea but I suppose it’s quick turnaround for them

I’ve often thought that maybe they could put an additional immobiliser on the Ignitron ECU. Maybe a certain sequence of buttons pushed to initiate ignition

I’ve often thought that maybe they could put an additional immobiliser on the Ignitron ECU. Maybe a certain sequence of buttons pushed to initiate ignition

yeah that’s how ghost works but our cars are to old for it, was thinking maybe an hidden immobiliser wired to a button on the mfsw if that’s even possible I’m not sure

You could wire in a hidden dead switch, something else I’ve been planning. You could technically hide it anywhere.

Or take out the fuel pump fuse every time you get out

Reactions: S3AMJ
That’s what I’m thinking dont know how easy that would be but definitely be worth doing

Or take out the fuel pump fuse every time you get out

That’s what you use for the hidden dead switch mate inline switch sort of thing. A professional car thief will figure ways around it, anything to slow them down though. A good old steering wheel lock hinders them by around 5 mins. Then the hidden switch another few mins. By that time and the alarm going off I’ll be out there with my baseball bat haha

Don’t you know it ! My alarm doesn’t even make any noise for some reason but I don’t know who would wanna nick it as all it does is cost me money Nothing you can really do if someone wants it they’ll get it just make sure your insurance is sorted on behalf of you guys as your cars are worth a hell of a lot more than a standard. People are giving them away on Facebook lately

That’s what you use for the hidden dead switch mate inline switch sort of thing. A professional car thief will figure ways around it, anything to slow them down though. A good old steering wheel lock hinders them by around 5 mins. Then the hidden switch another few mins. By that time and the alarm going off I’ll be out there with my baseball bat haha

that’s exactly it buy enough time to get them out the house and for me to grab my bat, with the battery in the boot could hide a little breaker/solenoid behind the stereo panel so they won’t get no power to start

that’s exactly it buy enough time to get them out the house and for me to grab my bat, with the battery in the boot could hide a little breaker/solenoid behind the stereo panel so they won’t get no power to start

Great minds think alike mate. Only thing doing that is the alarm system will be off. There are some pretty impressive trackers available these days. Maybe a NFC mobile app so you phone has to be present for your car to turn on.

Just had a look at the floating disc and there’s no hole for the locking screw so was looking into converting to the studs set instead anyone using them

Yeah I noticed that as well, unless your going to be swapping wheels regularly I don’t think there is a call for studs instead of bolts. Prawn has studs on his A3 not sure what spec they are though.

Yeah I noticed that as well, unless your going to be swapping wheels regularly I don’t think there is a call for studs instead of bolts. Prawn has studs on his A3 not sure what spec they are though

Hopefully they won’t be coming of regularly just a pain trying to line them up and don’t want to scratch the wheels

I know what you mean, I’m interested to see what you come up with. I would like to change mine for studs

I’ve just ordered some studs and nuts with 4 locking nuts aswell need to order some spigot rings for the discs do it doesn’t put strain on the bolts

So got the brakes back from bcs automotive and they look fantastic only thing I could fault is the template is slightly smaller than the original imprinted logo, but that is probably my fault as I asked for white but should of asked for stencil if ,something I can sort later.
962824EB ADFB 426A 8428 29A517673BAA

Attachments

• 15D3BA1D-D061-4447-8541-9497CC89A5B2.jpeg
    15D3BA1D-D061-4447-8541-9497CC89A5B2.jpeg
    454.9 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: S3AMJ and hydro s3
Realistically probably not ha I , I’ve probably got 2/3 full days of stuff to do and on wiring and fmic and the coolant and fuel lines to finish lines but wont have a day off till next weekend and waiting on the stud conversion kit and when I’m done have to send it off for a full exhaust

They’ve turned out really well mate. Well done for getting them done. Much better powdercoat job to the last lot.

I know twice the price but definitely worth it, would definitely recommend them and they come back full tested for piece of mind

If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay? I payed £130 cash to get my AP racing 6 pots refurbished, baring in mind I bought the replacement components. They did pull out the snapped off blood nipples though.

Paint wise, well I did it myself so about £50 I guess and about 3-4 hours of my time. Not to mention getting the misses to paint the recess yellow...... yeah I see owe her a favour for that!

If you don’t mind me asking what did you pay? I payed £130 cash to get my AP racing 6 pots refurbished, baring in mind I bought the replacement components. They did pull out the snapped off blood nipples though.

Paint wise, well I did it myself so about £50 I guess and about 3-4 hours of my time. Not to mention getting the misses to paint the recess yellow...... yeah I see owe her a favour for that!

4A280E9F 2A9D 4958 8214 4A4EA16C0A44
I went with the lifetime paint guarantee

Last edited:
Reactions: hydro s3 and S3AMJ
That’s a pretty dam good price! Niiiiiiice!

24D837F4 38C2 4BF0 B947 438274F12852
BA241011 1F39 43E4 8577 8E9E464BAD68
37EB2591 7AA0 4571 AC40 42520860DAFF
Been toying with the idea for a while to go for an r32(or just a duel) exhaust for a while now but not sure how it would look, what do you think? Does it look daft ? Pics are from an old thread on here

I personally think it looks well. That's why I went quad tips on mine. The best way to look at it is if you like it that's all that matters.