My s3 v6 build

I’d like to think end of November mate, because then it gives me time to run the engine in and mapped before it’s MOT mid December. Depends how busy Badger5 are during lockdown. I know the guys are pretty flat out at the moment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere they weren’t advised, better of ceramic coating the hotside.

Reactions: Tj 0785
When I did my GT4 turbo, I used ceramic coating and a jacket...the jacket didn't look great...

Tim 1194699
Tim 11945399

Reactions: S3AMJ and Tj 0785
Delivery day today from rushworth performance shame it wasn’t here yesterday but there’s always next weekend

Attachments

• D5240A7A-34AA-4D54-A18E-4B1C51446DF8.jpeg
    D5240A7A-34AA-4D54-A18E-4B1C51446DF8.jpeg
    469.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 7ACA5376-B391-44D7-8BB8-361578F64E54.jpeg
    7ACA5376-B391-44D7-8BB8-361578F64E54.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: tcg, hydro s3 and S3AMJ
She’s a big girl! What BW turbo is it bud?

It’s a sxe300 of some kind ha ar.96 he asked me what size inducer/exducer I wanted I just told them I didn’t have a clue and what I was hoping to make and he says that one will do it it’s heavy thing

Reactions: S3AMJ
@<tuffty/> I’ve just been informed that the variable valve adjusters should be all the way to the left when doing the chains is this true? I hope not I don’t think it was in the workshop manual if it is

It’s a sxe300 of some kind ha ar.96 he asked me what size inducer/exducer I wanted I just told them I didn’t have a clue and what I was hoping to make and he says that one will do it it’s heavy thing

Looks like it’ll perform well on your setup.... not a turbo I’m familiar with, does look meaty

Bigger than I thought it would be but will see how it performs if I don’t get my results I’m after I will change it next year to a precision or g30 and maybe get the gravituned tubular manifold but I’m told It will get me My numbers

What do you use on the threads on the fuel line connectors / fuel gauge?

foooooor? what exactly dude (actually assuming FPR here tbh) but context would be useful ?

<tuffty/>

foooooor? what exactly dude (actually assuming FPR here tbh) but context would be useful ?

<tuffty/>
Yeah sorry fpr, gauge and the Cts fuel rail needs hose tail adapters have all the fitting just don’t know what to use ptfe,liquid loctite?

All my fittings were o-ring type (on the IE fuel rail)... obvs you don't use anything when attaching hose fittings to the AN male fitting as they are friction seal...

If they are straight fit like on fuel pumps etc then you would typically use copper sealing washers... if they are taper fit then oil/fuel resistant thread seal (rather than thread lock)... I have used whatever Bill had kicking about at the time... was an orange coloured thread/pipe sealant by Forch iirc...

<tuffty/>

Yeah it’s just the threaded part I’m on about not sure if they are a taper fit will check and see If I can pick some washers or correct thread seal up locally
Cheers

79F58172 8E97 40E9 ACBC E08B5EF44E35

So when dressing the turbo I noticed the ports aren’t drilled through luckily I was paying attention, anyway I’m going to use the vacuum port but are there any benefits on using the speed sensor port ? Or is it not needed for my goals?

It’s in :yahoo: but as always one step forward 2 back it’s very tight fit and is touching the heat shield and also looks very tight where downpipe / wastegate will go but hopefully do able
FC808C66 91F2 441B A64D C9E21775F9C9
DF719A93 9C60 4001 AC83 AAD317B44CCB

I will have to look al
T some hard piping to replace the coolant feed pipe from the header tank as the oem pipe sits to close to the turbo for my liking and looks a mess tbh

Reactions: hydro s3, <tuffty/>, Asim1 and 2 others
Good job mate...coming along nicely.

That turbo looks impressive bolted on :respekt:

Was hoping to get more done but got rained off, still at least that’s one job done just looking into what’s best pipe to use for custom coolant lines at least now I can look at getting the fmic pipe work ordered up and fmic fitted

CCD1091A D9BD 4DEB 8A6D 0708103CA536
Is there any difference between using the oem n75 valve or or something like the aem one?

The one Badger5 uses is MAC. That’ll be the one they’ll use on my car

il use that one I need to keep an eye out for the ignitron ecu back instock so I can get them hopefully it’s before Xmas

Where to get high temperature silicone hose fitting for connecting on to the turbo for fmic and tip don’t want no cheap eBay copies

Hope you got some sense of satisfaction when you sat back and took that photo of the engine in place.
Definitely did, You start to realise how close you are to finishing when times I’ve felt out of my depth, few bits of coolant pipe to change, bit of wiring, fmic pipe work, tip, fuel feed to sort and can get it fired up before it’s off for custom downpipe I’m hoping @badger5 has more
Ecu’s in by soon aiming for start up for new year

Reactions: Asim1
Nice one... the CHRA looks like it need clocking round though

<tuffty/>
well spotted!
Yeah will be able to do that in place should of really done it before but the test fit was that tight didn’t want to take it out again

Last edited:
It’s amazing how much room it takes up, when I saw PT’s it looked like there was ample room. Getting there

Nice work though... I suspect I won't get around to starting mine now until the new year... especially now I have changed my plans a little

<tuffty/>

Nice work though... I suspect I won't get around to starting mine now until the new year... especially now I have changed my plans a little

<tuffty/>
I’m sure once started it won’t take you long at to be on road again,

Am I right in thinking the fpr goes on the outlet side of the fuel rail?

Those that have done the carbon canister delete, do you have to put a resister in the electrical plug or can it just be tucked away

You won't need a resistor if using IECU... you can just un route it in the map

<tuffty/>

So finally got the 4motion TB fitted and finally have some clearance the csf rad definitely made things tighter,
601A9430 C179 49EA 90B7 4BC66D095CED

66E8FFB0 5F2A 4BA7 9819 272CE9FE6D3C

removed the carbon canister to de clutter the bay abit but might try and fit the fpr in there as it’s a ****** big thing
Can a fpr be fitted on the side? And does the inlet have to be the bottom port so it’s pushing towards the fpr for a accurate reading or could I use the bottom port as a return?
1904F1F5 B414 4323 9474 0B01BAE9FD9B
601A9430 C179 49EA 90B7 4BC66D095CED

Reactions: Asim1 and S3AMJ
I plan on venting of the rocker cover straight to the tip I have fitted a new rubber in the pvc valve but not sure weather to fit a catch can aswell, how much do they actually catch?
Have ordered a boost solenoid from badger5 and went on a mini spree also have ordered
Black fmic pipe work kit and also ordered some proper clips for the joints
Silicone 90 from turbo
Silicone coupler for turbo intake
8mm Ali pipe for coolant tank return
16mm Ali pipe for coolant tank feed
More 6an fittings and fuel line
102mm id proram air filter (it’s huge)
Silicone hose for vacuum
And arranged getting the 8 pot calipers posted for painting all while telling the misses I don’t need more parts good job we don’t have a joint account

Last edited:
Reactions: Asim1 and hydro s3