My s3 v6 build

So I’ve ordered the mahle piston rings, the inlet manifold is sorted now aswell now I’m looking at the exhaust manifold would a t3 fitment be to small for the 3.2 should I get a t4 fitment instead I’m thinking of a precision 6262 4” inlet 2” outlet AR 82 but should I get t3 or t4

Not convinced 0.82 on a VR will be a good thing tbh... considering you are aiming for similar power to a big turbo 20v and prob not gonna rev as high as a 20v I would say 0.63 on a big turbo is plenty

I use a 0.63 on mine... only difference is yours would spool quicker and make similar hp for less boost on the same GT3582

<tuffty/>

Not convinced 0.82 on a VR will be a good thing tbh... considering you are aiming for similar power to a big turbo 20v and prob not gonna rev as high as a 20v I would say 0.63 on a big turbo is plenty

I use a 0.63 on mine... only difference is yours would spool quicker and make similar hp for less boost on the same GT3582

<tuffty/>
Would you say go for a t4 fitment over the. T3

I'd use v-band LOL

T4 is more twin scroll... if not going twin scroll then T3 is enough, v-band is preferable but guess not readily available manifold wise for the VR

Thing to remember is 500hp is 500hp whether its 1.4ltr at 14,000rpm or a 3.2ltr at 6,500rpm...

I don't have any personal experience of the VR engine let alone turbo'n one so can't speak from experience but... if (or when more likely) I go VRT then I would most likely use a similar setup to what I have now and build a tubular mani with a v-band fitting that would support the GT35 I have now

airflow is airflow its just you have to work a 4cyl harder to do it over a 6cyl.. a gt35 has a 62lb wheel so 62lbs of air is around 600-620 hp... it should make that on both engines... you just wouldn't have to rev as hard or use as much boost to do so on the 6cyl over the 4cyl is all

Pretty sure Bill ran a VRT mk4 golf that had a 0.82 hotside and it was laggy...

<tuffty/>

Ok yeah v band manifolds or twin scroll ones aren’t that common if they are available they around £1500 maybe upgrade down the line but can’t justify it at the min
Il order the t3 manifold now then cheers tuffty

cant you get a custom manifold made by some welding expert?

http://www.treadstoneperformance.co...=Toyota+Supra+1JZGTE+DIY+Tubular+Manifold+Kit

Upload 2019 2 4 22 43 56

The opening in the manifold face wouldn’t line up with the vr6 I’ve already ordered a t3 manifold now

Gone and bought a gtx3582 today which has just been rebuilt

Reactions: S3AMJ, hydro s3 and IPG
I hate that upload limit. Hahaha

Looks very nice sir!
I look forward to getting it fitted , I wonder what number build you will be on by the time it’s done haha, I got it for under £600 aswell

Reactions: IPG
Describe it buddy?!!@ what makes it refurbished! Is it new bearings or whatever?

What on earth does 'never knowingly bettered' mean. Are they a modern-day John Lewis?

(Learn to screenshot on a phone or email to yourself)

Screenshot 20190219 214252 eBay
Screenshot 20190219 214258 eBay
Screenshot 20190219 214302 eBay
Screenshot 20190219 214305 eBay
Screenshot 20190219 214311 eBay
Screenshot 20190219 214315 eBay

Cheers Stuart I did screenshot even took a screenshot of a screenshot ha but didn’t think to email it to myself
He said a full rebuild but might of just been the housing changed I don’t know
How did you pick up on that
It took me a few goes of looking at the pics to see where you got that from

Maybe you have a super camera mine's an S9 but my HTC m10 screenshots used to be too big.

I like zooming into pictures to see if the photographer is a nudist :D

What’s the difference between the gen1 and gen2 wheel?
How much would a gem2 wheel be

Are they interchangeable? Il make a few phone calls tomorrow and look into getting one fitted

They are. But gen 2 also have gen2 turbines. Not just the comp wheel :)

That might be an upgrade for the future once it’s up and running

Reactions: IPG
gtx35 turbine is identical to the gt35 on the ones I've seen. only comp wheel different.

Yep I’m pretty sure on gtx28 the turbine wheel is the same on gen 1 and gen 2, it’s the compressor that’s different so I’d assume the whole range is the same.

Maybe Turbo Dynamics or Owen Developments. To be honest I had a gen 1 and then had a gen 2 on my 28 and the difference was negligible in my opinion. Perhaps it’s more noticeable on bigger frames I’m not sure.

They are damn expensive 200 odd quid, this really is a measurable £ per pony hobby

Probably shouldn’t own up to this on here but I bought one off these, for £35 I can always sell on if it’s to chavy

Attachments

• BD63B7E5-DC8D-457A-B76D-5055C0BF4AB7.jpeg
    BD63B7E5-DC8D-457A-B76D-5055C0BF4AB7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 222
Probably shouldn’t own up to this on here but I bought one off these, for £35 I can always sell on if it’s to chavy

What's that for?. Isn't that too small for those v6 setup in any case?

It’s a splitter, tBh I thought it was The 007 looked at that many I got the Ad mixed with another,
I never thought about size since there ain’t any specific to the 3.2 and since people running bt with them on here I didn’t even think about it I just thought any would do, will look into it now

I don’t believe engine capacity has an effect on what size diverter valve etc you use, as long as it has enough vacuum to open the valve. Matching a suitable valve to the turbo size does as obviously a valve that’s too small won’t be able to divert enough compressed air when you close the throttle plate and you’ll end up with compressor surge.

From the size of turbo I remember you mentioning, a forge supersize valve would be suitable.

I don’t believe engine capacity has an effect on what size diverter valve etc you use, as long as it has enough vacuum to open the valve. Matching a suitable valve to the turbo size does as obviously a valve that’s too small won’t be able to divert enough compressed air when you close the throttle plate and you’ll end up with compressor surge.

From the size of turbo I remember you mentioning, a forge supersize valve would be suitable.
Ok I just looked st them I will go with one of them to be on safe side

not a fan of the supersize. can stick. needs 2 x shims plus red spring minimum.
if on mafless ecu, atmos 50mm bov may be better choice. (wooshy tho)