My S3 track car project

N4 HKG

Reaction score
Hi guys, haven't posted any pictures since I got my car about a year ago so thought I'd show some of the changes in the last year, this is how it was when I got it last November

I changed the wheels and ran it like this for a while

After that I got a golf for my road car so decided to use the s3 for trackdays and in the winter, I stripped it out, fitted bucket seats and harnesses and put on standard wheels and Yokohama AD08 tyres

I recently fitted a mishimoto FMIC and FK coilovers which I'm really pleased with for the money after being at knockhill on Sunday for my first track day, I have some brembo discs, yellow stuff pads and RBF660 brake fluid ordered now aswel as the brakes got destroyed on the track, next plans are exhaust and more power, thanks for looking

Last edited:
Reactions: Westy, Jason.s, vivalacoulter and 1 other person
I'll try and get some pictures later, I just fixed them to the rear seat mountings

Id like interior pics to as ill be attempting buckets soon. Be careful though. If the harnesses are mounted too low its a big safety no no. Im having a bar welded in place for mine and will add a cage later on if it gets to that stage.

Cool car man, but I'd strongly urge you to sort out your harness mounting points, as those are HIGHLY unsafe.

Whilst the angle isn't ideal, you'd be far safer with them mounted in the rear lap belt mounting points rather than on those tabs.

Reactions: Westy
Thanks for the heads up Prawn I'll have a look at moving them, trying to get the lights working just now but I'm running out of ideas on what could be wrong haha

Im really kind of tempted in stripping out my s3, after putting the bucket seats in it... Do the rear seats weigh much?

I'm sure they weighed quite a bit, nothing compared to the front two though couldn't believe the weight of them

Yeah me too! I weighed them, and had a total saving of 40kg over the new bucket seats + frames etc!

Aye there's quite a bit of weight to be saved, the carpet weighs a lot aswel, it's about an inch thick haha

carpet with all the underlay is very heavy indeed.

I removed 137Kg from the interior of my A3 when I stripped it, not touching front door cards or the dash at all. Big savings, ride height came up almost an inch at the back.

Reactions: Westy