No worries I can understand that, I was a bit apprehensive doing it myself but it's worked out fine.
Exactly that mate, it's not all about how much bhp you have.......you only have to look at some ppl with big power cars but cant use it or even drive it to its potential

Took delivery of my k04-380 turbo package and 610cc injectors from Badger 5 this morning. Looking forward to getting this on and seeing what I can get out of it. Went with the black tip as blue or red weren't colours I want in the engine bay.
20190523 125040
Screenshot 20190523 130256 Gallery
Screenshot 20190523 130316 Gallery

Reactions: ADs3 and S3AMJ
Exciting times mate, the hybrid does look the nuts doesn’t it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame all the nice shiney bits end up buried down the back of the engine. Red Tip is actually worth 2bhp more. It's a well known fact that black absorbs heat and hence will warm the incoming air. Where as red partially reflects Infra red radiation so is better. :)

Reactions: ADs3
Ah mate you've missed out on a real trick here with the red silicone......I've a red tip so +2 hp I've also four red boost pipes so that's another 1 hp per pipe =4hp (you dont get the same gains on boost pipes as the tip that's well known too) also another 4hp for my red induction filter as that has a silicone neck, plus my airtec has red lettering so thats worth 1hp per letter as it cools much more efficiently as the air passes over the letters =6hp and if I'm drag racing I'll wear my big red underpants for a full Billy bonus of 10+hp I can really feel the difference since I went over to the red side.
You've missed out on 23hp mate, infact you've lost hp by using green silicone everyone knows that..........:blow:

We should have all bought Red S3’s I heard they were 300bhp from factory haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hydro s3 and ADs3
It said with the paper work i got with the turbo that I should fit a new oil feed pipe. I dont know if it's essential to fit one but my thinking was that if I didn't and something went wrong then they might ask for a receipt of the feed line being bought and put on. Maybe I'm being paranoid but just trying to do what it says.

When I had my standard K04 turbo replaced I bought a generic oil feed pipe like the one you posted but my mechanic told me it needed to be an Audi oem one as the hard pipe on the turbo end of the oem pipe secures the pipe in the correct position.I think it was around £120 ish.

You definitely must change the oil feed pipe mate as the old one will have some residue/burnt oil deposits in it and it's not worth the risk.I can't remember but I think when I got my replacement turbo the warranty required a new oil feed pipe to be fitted.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes mate it does say on the paperwork that came with it saying to change the oil feed. Looks like I'll just get on to *** and get the proper one and make sure it's done right.
On another matter my mate was out in his s3 8l and the eml came on with the code P0170. From what we have found out online it says O2 sensor would that be correct?

My radio has stopped picking up radio stations proper. They are all crackle and bit annoying to listen to. I've been told to check the radio amplifier booster. Could some one please say where it is located so I can check the condition of it and the connectors going into it.
Is it behind the radio or or below the airieal?

My radio has stopped picking up radio stations proper. They are all crackle and bit annoying to listen to. I've been told to check the radio amplifier booster. Could some one please say where it is located so I can check the condition of it and the connectors going into it.
Is it behind the radio or or below the airieal?

IIRC the booster is located behind the upper trim on the interior of the boot lid (the bit that the parcel shelf hooks on to).

Reactions: hydro s3
Dropped the car of this morning to get the turbo fitted and mapped. Looking forward to see what I get out of it.
No meth getting added this time as he hasn't fitted one before so I didn't want my engine being the 1st one he does. That will probably be my next thing to get done and that will be all the engine work sorted ( i hope anyway )
Would also like to get a set of n/a cams to put in aswell but not the easiest of things to get hold of.
IMG 20190723 114635 909

Reactions: ADs3
I like the quad exhaust I have a set of quad tips for when I do mine, is there a reason why they can’t go wider apart?

The on my reason the quad tips are that distance apart @Tj 0785 is the passenger side one is in the original position and then the drivers side is pretty close to the towing hook. I suppose I could have got the hook took of and moved the tips over a bit as I don't plan on towing anyone.
Thanks @S3AMJ I've sent him a message to see if he still has them

The aem kit really isn't hard to install buddy, you should trust him to fit it whilst your having the work done & mapped in at the same time.
Also take it from me you want to mix your own meth......when I went for mapping Ben wouldn't map my car with devils own pre mix as it causes power losses (which he demonstrated!)

Did you stay 1.8 or did you go 1.9 with your rebuild I cant remember?

Just stayed 1.8 with the engine. To be honest @ADs3 I just want it back from him he is being a bit of a cheeky man. He phoned me about lunch time today to say they had it stripped down and that I had oil all over the engine and a bad leak from some where. Even though since the engine has been rebuilt last June I haven't had to put any oil in so not sure what he is on about.

Ah ok for some reason I thought it was you who had taken it out to 1.9. I was interested to see how that would've performed compared to a 1.8 with the same turbo.

Doesnt fill you with confidence in there work does it when you hear that from them, yet you've not had to add a drop of oil in that time.......something doesnt sound right......something smells funny though.....smells like bull scheisse to me.

Did they say where abouts the oil is on the engine ie front/back? oil from the turbo/lines when they took it off perhaps & now seen a opportunity to rinse a lil more dollars from you, I hope that's not the case & I hope you get it back & alls good with the end result buddy

I saw a post on fb about a a s3 bored to 1.9 and the k04 hybrid going on it think is was Bill that posted it up.
This place i left the car is meant to be one of the better places to take your car to over here to get work like this done but still hearing this stuff from him is definitely a confidence deflaiter.
He said it was at the back of the engine he saw the oil. I'm thinking he is hoping to get a few more £££ out of me.

Sounds like a ball bag to me........when should the car be done?

I'm going to phone him tomorrow to see as he hasn't gave a day but it's been with him a week today so I would expect it any day soon. Should take long to change the turbo and manifold then map it. I thought at the start it would only take 3 maybe 4 day max.

Details and pics of parts looking fab mate..currently buying parts bit by bit when all is done it's gonna be dropped off to some reputable tuner/builder im based in manchester but am willing to travel no probs..
If you don't mind how much were the rods rifle drilled too I might ģet some they look daddy enuf..thanks

What a great project, If you need any original o.e. parts try www.vwpartsprime.com I started using them last year after I was told their way cheaper then the dealer but the exact same parts.