Facelift My S3 has arrived

Got cost of Gardx refunded - £366, and they offered to take my S3 in for a couple of days to have it re done by the Aston Martin valet trained supervisor, to which I declined, don’t trust them with my paintwork. Professional detailer coming tomorrow to start on my car, all at my own cost but at least it will be done properly. Feeling a bit disappointed
To be honest they have been very accommodating with you, pro detailers are what they are there's still good and bad one's and expensive if your going down the ceramic route of which there's no doubt about that, don't except anything less than the gyeon Q2 durabead coating or the gtechniq equivalent, Daytona is a extremely easy paint to detail and remarkably resilient so don't pay uber money coatings cost less than £100 for pro only versions

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and jungle650
Ok, thanks for the advice.

Reactions: jungle650
Got cost of Gardx refunded - £366, and they offered to take my S3 in for a couple of days to have it re done by the Aston Martin valet trained supervisor, to which I declined, don’t trust them with my paintwork. Professional detailer coming tomorrow to start on my car, all at my own cost but at least it will be done properly. Feeling a bit disappointed

Well done for getting refund on gardx, that is more than I achieved, not that I tried. At least you can put it towards detail. Hope all goes well and the disappointment forgotten

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Lisa.
5D60660B CBC9 47D7 AF08 1BB665A39361

Reactions: jungle650, Pinky1959, rvtb101 and 9 others
99A21B8B 1D23 4DF5 9670 2919C83DE442

Reactions: Pinky1959, NevMan, BarryG79 and 6 others
S3 finally looking how it should do. guy did an amazing job.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Pinky1959 and Scotty75
1B4F0650 919E 4C6C ABEA F25A4D00AC19

Reactions: Pinky1959, Tom.H, Scotty75 and 6 others
Loving the garage set up. Your making me feel bad about my garage set up!!

All very well complimented by a DG S3.

I assumed that was detailers premises, but the Weber box and suitcases tell me otherwise

Yes , it’s my garage, normally a bit more cluttered!

Attachments

• BE8F8348-E36C-4309-B4F2-EC68A7D1A2DC.jpeg
    BE8F8348-E36C-4309-B4F2-EC68A7D1A2DC.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 426
Reactions: NevMan and Scotty75
Nice MT07 sat there. Hello from a fellow Daytona S3 owner and MT owner too. ;)

Reactions: Pinky1959, NevMan and Lisa.

Attachments

• 2330D390-15F0-4A92-9530-0825E5D442E4.jpeg
    2330D390-15F0-4A92-9530-0825E5D442E4.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 414
Reactions: NevMan and HulkRS3
Hello, and thanks, we obviously both have good taste in cars and bikes. My MT -07 is my other pride and joy, just sometimes hard to decided wether to ride or drive !
I've just not long sold my MT07. Had the full titanium Akrapovic exhaust on it, was also in matte grey too.

I thought I was ocd but your garage on another level, it is more like my kitchen.. how the eff you got such a swanky car house.. god knows what the human house is like!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Lisa.
Just love driving and looking at this car it’s like therapy !

Reactions: Jcbmally, Audi Bairn, Scotty75 and 2 others
Just love driving and looking at this car it’s like therapy !
:thumbs up:, that's right Lisa, deep breath, start car, sigh and everything else can sod off :rockwoot:

Reactions: TonkS3 and Lisa.
2A6806E7 38D6 47CE 9D6B D084272DCF5F
850 miles done, that’s at lot of laps around my tiny island, loving my S3 even more . Snow foamed and detailed last Saturday, great few hours spent.

Reactions: RGBARGEE, MattSedg, rvtb101 and 9 others
It’s like looking at my car’s twin sister - just with MUCH nicer coastal backdrops for the photos. Good to hear the new romance is still in full swing @Lisa - looking great. Daytona is a classy choice :sunglasses:

You need to crop that photo and make it your new profile picture BTW - just saying...

Reactions: Mark_86, Lisa. and NevMan
View attachment 164651 850 miles done, that’s at lot of laps around my tiny island, loving my S3 even more . Snow foamed and detailed last Saturday, great few hours spent.
Miss my pano roof in the saloon I had, yours looks really well.

Reactions: Lisa.
It’s like looking at my car’s twin sister - just with MUCH nicer coastal backdrops for the photos. Good to hear the new romance is still in full swing @Lisa - looking great. Daytona is a classy choice :sunglasses:

You need to crop that photo and make it your new profile picture BTW - just saying...
New profile pic

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Jimbob76
7AF05CEB 5B28 494A 8C29 E42ECDAFB585
1E2A0382 34C8 46CF A73B B7AC12EF338D

Reactions: Pinky1959, MattSedg, Jcbmally and 4 others
1200 miles of pleasure

Reactions: MattSedg, Adam14, BarryG79 and 2 others
Looks really great Lisa. You’re clearly keeping on top of the detailing - great gloss and reflections, the exhaust tips look brand new (keep on top of those with a metal polish e.g. Autosol or equivalent, they can get pitted quickly!), no kerbing of alloys (don’t get complacent - stay paranoid!), tyres nicely dressed and pano roof open. Magnificent.

And love the fact you’ve joined the outside the lines extreme parking game :footy:

Reactions: MattSedg and NevMan
Thanks ! I’m ocd with car cleaning yep using autosol on exhausts. Just bought a few different auto finesse products to try out this weekend. I’m so paranoid about kerbing but I have the alloys insurance and apparently they now have a machine over here that can refurb diamond cut alloys, if the dreaded should happen !

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
Your just showing off now :thumbs up::thumbs up:
Don't worry about the alloys, I've always found if you do, then crunch, just drive as normal, my wife has never caught a kerb in 18 years of driving (touch wood) and she always reminds me that "obviously it has been scientifically proved that women are better drivers" than us :friends::friends:

Reactions: Lisa., NevMan and oli356
Thanks ! I’m ocd with car cleaning yep using autosol on exhausts. Just bought a few different auto finesse products to try out this weekend. I’m so paranoid about kerbing but I have the alloys insurance and apparently they now have a machine over here that can refurb diamond cut alloys, if the dreaded should happen !
If you’re that ocd about keeping it clean then you shouldn’t need autosol for your tips. My secret is just a babywipe every couple of days (I keep a pack in the glovebox anyway for dirty hands etc), and this keeps them shiny as new with zero elbow grease or abrasive cleaners required. They literally wipe clean, takes all of 15 seconds. Try it :)

Reactions: Mythos and Jcbmally
If you’re that ocd about keeping it clean then you shouldn’t need autosol for your tips. My secret is just a babywipe every couple of days (I keep a pack in the glovebox anyway for dirty hands etc), and this keeps them shiny as new with zero elbow grease or abrasive cleaners required. They literally wipe clean, takes all of 15 seconds. Try it :)
Thanks for the tip, I shall give it a try

Reactions: Pook
Thanks for the tip, I shall give it a try
Ahem, pardon the "pun" @Lisa :salute:

Reactions: NevMan, Pook and Lisa.
Looks great. Love Daytona and wouldn’t want an Audi without a Pano Roof now!

Attachments

• B5EDB25A-88B3-409E-B2CA-C6855CD4ADE7.jpeg
    B5EDB25A-88B3-409E-B2CA-C6855CD4ADE7.jpeg
    723.3 KB · Views: 300
Reactions: tuningman73, oli356, Thundercliffe81 and 1 other person
Looks great. Love Daytona and wouldn’t want an Audi without a Pano Roof now!

Ohhh that's nice. Black pack on these newer models is way better than the older gen stuff. PanRam is essential. It wasn't...until I had one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE and NevMan
Had my S3 8 months now, still brings a smile to my face every time I drive it

Attachments

• 4EF677E8-882E-4286-9288-B77387137B46.jpeg
    4EF677E8-882E-4286-9288-B77387137B46.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 266
Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 5 others