My S3 Build Thread

No idea mate, all I know is the Tyrol bushes on the front sub really make the front end solid and steering is so much more sharper and more responsive. So I figured it would be a similar effect at the rear. Just removing any sloppy ness in the rear sub.

Probably OTT for the road but I can’t help buying new bits
Haha, I know the feeling. I'm on 88k now, so starting to think about replacing bushes as needed and anything that stiffens the chassis up a bit is going to pay off.

Haha, I know the feeling. I'm on 88k now, so starting to think about replacing bushes as needed and anything that stiffens the chassis up a bit is going to pay off.

I looked at the rear bush replacement on the subframe but it was a subframe out job which was a bit OTT for my liking so I just went for the inserts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bf8f26ca402233420832a3a0c5e438e9.jpg

Reactions: tcardio
Rest of the Bilstein B14 kit fitted, that seems to have sorted the ride out, bit more fettling with the ride height needed but got the roughly where I want them.

c1920a8c61a4fb7e73236d0aeb08ba38.jpg

b7da012be660b96998f69bd1fc471f76.jpg

42dd6b9f27d169a12cfefbd100935b7a.jpg

Reactions: Rob C and leshkin
Mate if you don’t mind me asking, did your b8’s come with those black dust boot covers ?

Looks gorgeous! Love the little attention to detail parts you've added as well, the 8V rear wiper blade, chrome fog surrounds. The latter are actually the best subtle front end mods for these 8P3 S3s imo, (if they didn't come from factory). The billys look great too, coincidentally go perfect with the Sprint Blue!

Basically my dream S3, would love to get an 8P3 in this colour for my next car, seems hard to come by though! The sprint blue combined with the black rotors and silver mirrors looks so good.

Reactions: mechanic69
Looks gorgeous! Love the little attention to detail parts you've added as well, the 8V rear wiper blade, chrome fog surrounds. The latter are actually the best subtle front end mods for these 8P3 S3s imo, (if they didn't come from factory). The billys look great too, coincidentally go perfect with the Sprint Blue!

Basically my dream S3, would love to get an 8P3 in this colour for my next car, seems hard to come by though! The sprint blue combined with the black rotors and silver mirrors looks so good.

Cheers pal, once you get the bug it’s difficult to stop, missus ain’t so enthusiastic tho!

Reactions: S.
Cheers pal, once you get the bug it’s difficult to stop, missus ain’t so enthusiastic tho!

Same with mine. Upgraded from 16" factory allows to 18" ronal 5 arms on my A3 AND lowering springs and the missus was like 'I can't even tell the difference'. Something I'll never be able to understand haha.

If only they knew! I just swapped my 50 inch tv to a 55 and she didn’t notice???

Reactions: S. and James__S3
If only they knew! I just swapped my 50 inch tv to a 55 and she didn’t notice???

Mine can’t tell the difference between 480p and 4K. Very infatuating, especially when she records everything in SD and expects me to watch it with her! Why????

Reactions: S. and mechanic69
Rest of the Bilstein B14 kit fitted, that seems to have sorted the ride out, bit more fettling with the ride height needed but got the roughly where I want them.

c1920a8c61a4fb7e73236d0aeb08ba38.jpg

b7da012be660b96998f69bd1fc471f76.jpg

42dd6b9f27d169a12cfefbd100935b7a.jpg

do you get any type of noise or knocking from the sway bar touching with the wishbone because of the droplink?

Fitted the GFB DV+ VTA and new dv valve then washed off 500 miles off motorway crap of the car

6d1a2470e5c0a94482929a7a29336ee8.jpg

b55b0a9bea860fa920e09adaa19deeed.jpg

No where near as noisy as I was expecting, just a nice bit of a woosh noise as the DV lets off, nice

Reactions: downtothebone and fernando young
Does this vent into the atmosphere or back internally?

If it’s atmosphere, I thought the TFSI needed to retain the air as it is all metered?

VTA = vent to air

The air is metered before at the MAF so in reality when the air bleeds out the mixture is a bit richer.

No big issues, there is a GFB video on it

Cam timing chain stretch....

Go to Engine, Block 93 Read 'inlet camshaft phase angle' under 4° good 4 - 5° risky >5° replace.

From my understanding this measures the long term correction added to the cam phase. More correction = more wear

20/10/18. -3.0