My S3 Build Thread

So it is possible to fit TTRS and keep 18" rotors, just fit Vagbremtechnic adapters and 15mm spacers

1c5fc4dd4ba818d8edb1fbe14b433a69.jpg

903a725ab6f2fb9d04f6ad8533b2908e.jpg

e7c81f5072e0d57db85bd669361da694.jpg

744a769f9acc63a71151d6f363a357c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: paul_zx6r
So it is possible to fit TTRS and keep 18" rotors, just fit Vagbremtechnic adapters and 15mm spacers

1c5fc4dd4ba818d8edb1fbe14b433a69.jpg

903a725ab6f2fb9d04f6ad8533b2908e.jpg

e7c81f5072e0d57db85bd669361da694.jpg

744a769f9acc63a71151d6f363a357c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect, just what I wanted to know.

Do you have any photos of the wheels (side view). Just wondered what a 15mm spacer looks like.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

Nice mate, how much you pay for just the calipers if dont mind me asking?

Nice mate, how much you pay for just the calipers if dont mind me asking?

Got them for 500, thought that was reasonable. Vagbremtechnic do the whole kit for 900 ish with no pads. Did it for 740 with calipers, spacers and pads, already had the discs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: kash_v
I take it you need 15inch spacers to make them fit?

Nice one. Are they much better than the s3 brakes?

Good price mate, ebay?

I keep my eyes peeled but havent seen just calipers forsale yet

Did you have any trouble bleeding the brakes?

Cheers mate, got a mate with a pressure bleeder fitting mine, but had a few problems when I upgraded the brakes on my old Leon but didn't have a pressure bleeder so hopefully all will be fine.

Developed a knocking sound at very low speed usually when parking going between forward and reverse so i guess something is worn out.

Recently replaced ARB+bushings and Super-Pro bottom arms with new bushings/ALKs, also the track rod ends as that was my first thought.

Already have the dog mount insert so discounting that.

So just got delivered 034 strut top mounts and 034 engine mounts to eliminate those bits, if that doesn't do it I'm running out of options.

I have also discounted CVs as there is no damage and the knock/click doesn't sound fast enough if you know what I mean.

Here hoping.

Let me know if you fix it. I get annoying squeek on bumpy roads ( all roads here) and can't find the source. Changed the drop links, top mounts, arb bushings...
Forward-reverse knock could be subframe moving.

Let me know if you fix it. I get annoying squeek on bumpy roads ( all roads here) and can't find the source. Changed the drop links, top mounts, arb bushings...
Forward-reverse knock could be subframe moving.

I'm going to check subframe, I had it down to fit bottom arms

I get a strange noise low down RPM hard to even describe to be honest. I have noticed on full lock to to left i can get a slight knocking

great thread / project subscribed!!

you have similar plans to myself

at stage 2+ revo at the moment but will probably go tte 420 turbo and custom map later in the year

Reactions: S. and mechanic69
Top mounts and engine mounts fitted, nice and solid. Slight bit of extra cabin noise on rough roads, bumps etc, but nothing worth worrying about.

Car seems to pull better with less engine movement, nice mod

Reactions: HHS3, Kaine19 and S.
Top mounts and engine mounts fitted, nice and solid. Slight bit of extra cabin noise on rough roads, bumps etc, but nothing worth worrying about.

Car seems to pull better with less engine movement, nice mod

Having run the 034 motorsports top mounts for a couple of months now, I’m going to swap them out for standard mounts, the noise of the suspension is doing my nut in. Fine for track use but to noisy for road use

Reactions: S.
should try the the solid mounts mate, really do your head in...

problem is they're so good on the track I can't bring myself to swap them out. appear to be getting noisier though which is a bit concerning...

should try the the solid mounts mate, really do your head in...

problem is they're so good on the track I can't bring myself to swap them out. appear to be getting noisier though which is a bit concerning...

Yeah, I’m not going near a track so they are coming out