My S3 8P Sprint Blue Build Thread

That's good. I only need to wait for springtime as it's too cold and wet outside.

Not much has happened with the car since my last post. I have however replaced the 'RS3' badge that came with the new grill for the correct 'S3' version now. I had also started looking at what wheels I would like on the car ready for next year but fate has decided other wise.... Driving home the other day I noticed the car wasn't as smooth as usual and the front wheels span up with the traction control going barmy. A quick scan later confirmed my suspicions: Haldex Pump Sporadic - Open Circuit 011. I will be taking it in next week to see if its a new pump job or not.

Hi nice build looking good.
Im thinking about ordering some of those LED number plate lights you have. Just wondering if you have had any problems with the fitment or errors on the DIS? I'm having a nightmare with some I picked up on amazon which keep popping out and are way to bright for my liking.

First I applied my new pressed plates

I fitted some nice new pressed plates yesterday, I removed the old ones and used white spirit to remove the remaining adhesive off before cleaning and drying the surfaces. Managed to get it all off on the back but there was still some left on the front, nothing chronic and it was still an even surface. So fitted the new plates with sticky pads and applied pressure for a couple minutes to make sure they stuck firmly. Come out this morning and the rear plate has taken nicely, go round to the front and the right half was hanging off and the left half was barely clinging on! I remember a garage having the same problem with this happening before on my old grill and plate due to the slight bend, so they just drilled it in. I don't want to drill these plates so how did you get the front to stick please?

I'm having a nightmare with some I picked up on amazon which keep popping out and are way to bright for my liking.

I've had the exact same issue with a pair off of ebay which another owner on here used fine no problems.. The plastic clip on the non-screw side isn't the right size and so it doesn't click in like the OEM lights do. I've just ordered a pair for £6 from t8ups (Trups) on here as he's the man to go to for lights, twice I've made the mistake of going to ebay/amazon first instead of him, especially as his are the same price! So i'd recommend getting in contact with him, can either message on here or email sales@emtuning.co.uk

Hope everyone had a good New Year!?!

Unfortunately I had to have a new windscreen fitted courtesy of Autoglass today after a HGV threw up what I believe to a bolt at the windscreen over Christmas. Luckily it was only the windscreen that was hit so I am counting my chickens some what!

HOping to get out and give it a good wash this weekend as its absolutely filthy!!

Reactions: HHS3 and S3Alex
Hope everyone had a good New Year!?!

Unfortunately I had to have a new windscreen fitted courtesy of Autoglass today after a HGV threw up what I believe to a bolt at the windscreen over Christmas. Luckily it was only the windscreen that was hit so I am counting my chickens some what!

HOping to get out and give it a good wash this weekend as its absolutely filthy!!

Same thing happened to me weeks after picking up my car. Tipper truck passed me going the other way stones flying off the back. £75 excess to replace the windscreen for something completely out of your control. Was not happy!

I fitted some nice new pressed plates yesterday, I removed the old ones and used white spirit to remove the remaining adhesive off before cleaning and drying the surfaces. Managed to get it all off on the back but there was still some left on the front, nothing chronic and it was still an even surface. So fitted the new plates with sticky pads and applied pressure for a couple minutes to make sure they stuck firmly. Come out this morning and the rear plate has taken nicely, go round to the front and the right half was hanging off and the left half was barely clinging on! I remember a garage having the same problem with this happening before on my old grill and plate due to the slight bend, so they just drilled it in. I don't want to drill these plates so how did you get the front to stick please?

I've had the exact same issue with a pair off of ebay which another owner on here used fine no problems.. The plastic clip on the non-screw side isn't the right size and so it doesn't click in like the OEM lights do. I've just ordered a pair for £6 from t8ups (Trups) on here as he's the man to go to for lights, twice I've made the mistake of going to ebay/amazon first instead of him, especially as his are the same price! So i'd recommend getting in contact with him, can either message on here or email sales@emtuning.co.uk
My pressed plates did that on the front originally, I went to B&Q and bought some 'No more nails permanent roll' It's just a roll of adhesive pads, that fixed them on very, very firmly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: HHS3
Just purchased a private plate and love the look of your pressed plates, where did you purcashe them from?

Just purchased a private plate and love the look of your pressed plates, where did you purcashe them from?

I picked them up via ebay and only cost £19 for the pair delivered! The sellers name is 'ddmotorsparesstore'

Reactions: antonws3
Its been a while since I've managed to get some spare time so I wanted to make the most of Saturday. First I went to see my good friend Trow to get the correct Nav Plus start screen loaded, the previous owner had upgraded from the 'concert' unit and settled for the standard screen. A few clicks on Vagcom and we were away!

Much better!

It might look ok in the above picture but the S3 hadn't been washed since well before Christmas which is the longest I have left any of my cars un-washed. I layered up and prepared for a cold afternoon!

As it stood.... filthy!

After a liberal jet wash I tried a new iron-out product I received at Christmas: Devils Blood

Two bucket wash method using Chemical guys maxi suds
Dried with Autofinesse aqua deluxe towel
Sealed with Carpro reload

Reactions: Donny_DJ, DJ_26, Ben85 and 3 others
Very nice car mate, looking very clean in that second last picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My house is in full wedding planning mode now as October looms nearer and nearer. Still finding both time and money to throw at the S3 though....

Over the last few weeks I managed to solve an issue I had been having for around 2 months. The Quattro system was becoming more and more temperamental choosing as and when it felt to engage. A scan on Vagcom provided 00448 - Haldex Clutch Pump (V181) 011 - Open Circuit - Intermittent. After some digging on the net I found a site www.haldexrepairs.co.uk and the help I got was incredible! I ordered a genuine replacement kit comprising of the Haldex pump itself and the genuine filter (Audi don't list this part number and state it is a part for life) The kit was delivered the next day and after a short trip to Matt at Dubunit all was well in Quattro world once again!

Next up was a little treat in the way of a genuine Carbon key cover. I opted to buy direct from China from an ebay seller for £19 and got exactly the same item being sold over her for £45+
The fit wasn't the best and I had to file down the edge where the blade releases to ensure it didn't catch but after this it fit perfectly snapping into place and the finish is brilliant!

I also opted to carry the carbon theme into the cockpit as the alu console looked a little worse for wear. I chose 3m 6D carbon which wasn't too bad to work with at all. Only issue was I broke the plastic/chrome trim on the ashtray so I will be filling the gap this has left and re-wrapping it.

Last but not least a bit of a punch to the gut! I noticed a pimple when washing the car and I cannot tell if its something that has happened from under the paint or been effected from the outside. I took it to Audi Tamworth for inspection and they rejected it. I am currently challenging this with Audi UK so will see what happens.

Hoping I hear something next week from them and then take it from there. If they reject it again I am hoping it wont be a full rear quarter paint job to rectify it. Will sign off with a snap I got after a good clean last week.

If anyone is going to Ultimate Dubs next week I will be heading down and hoping to see a few S3'S!

Reactions: TomL83, leshkin, S. and 1 other person
That pop is a galvanised pop or they call it zinc inclusion.
Basically when the panels are sand blasted before being galvanised and then having all the layers of protection and paint applied, there are some sand particles left and they cause moisture to build up over years and then have no where to go so burt out the paint.
In my mind this is a galvanisation problem due to it being part of the process which they have done badly so should be covered under the 12 year corrosion warranty but they will say it's paint defect and only covered for 3 years.
Still trying to fight my case but they won't even allow you to speak with a technical person has to be the spokesperson at Audi UK, who don't have a clue. They told me they are not trained to speak to people so can't speak with anyone...

Good luck

Reactions: leshkin, JayHa11 and DJ_26
Car looks great. I really do like the sprint blue. Ive ended up puting a deposit on another black car though haha. Only because of the spec it had

Reactions: JayHa11
I really like the carbon key covers. Will have to get one for myself.

Your car looks amazing mate. Wish my A3 Sportback looked that clean but with my bad back I haven't washed it properly for 6 months. Think I may have to pay someone to wash and wax it for me to get the shine back.

Looks great! Few mods there on my list of things I'd like to do!

nBeen a while since I posted an update as I hadn't made any real headway with the S3. Things progressed over the last few weeks so here is everything I have been up to:

First off I was never that happy with the brushed aluminium finish in the center console and the ashtray was showing signs of wear. I took a punt and tried some of the new 6D carbon vinyl and I am pretty pleased with the results!

Next up is probably one of the biggest changes I have made to date. I had been mulling over a wheel swap for months and couldn't make my mind up! My car is never going to be a scene queen so I wanted something that retained the OEM look and would fly under the radar to the untrained eye. I settled on the new RS4 V-Spoke style wheels and I think the gamble has paid off...

I keep saying I wont do anything else until after the wedding but where theirs a will theirs a way! haha

Thanks for looking

Reactions: Donny_DJ, kash_v, tonydata and 1 other person
Nicely done mate and I'm loving those RS4 alloys, they and the S3 look mint.

Excellent thread from start to now and i hope you keep us upto date with your mods cause i will be following it closely with being new to the Mod scene and having the same colour off car as you .
You might start getting heaps off questioms from me come time but in the mean time could i drop my car off with you a cpl off times a year cause you know how to make it Shine:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

Take it the wheels are replicas ?

Thanks for the kind comments guys! Maxy89 yes they are reps. Not been up to much with the car other than cleaning it to within an inch of its life and taking it to Early Edition last week. Here's a few snaps from the prep and the show...

Reactions: dp_motley and HHS3
Little update:

I hadn't planned anymore modifications heading into Christmas but I just couldn't resist the 'urge to splurge' after a few good wins with the bookies! :imp:

After mooching around ebay for an 'RS3 style' grill I had to decide which finish I wanted as there are quite a few different variations. I went for the gloss black grill with aluminium surround. I opted for this finish rather than the chrome surround as its a little less 'flash' in my opinion and I think I made the right decision.

Grill came quickly via Parcel Force and I set up camp in a corner of my companies warehouse Friday night...
Where did you get the grill from? I'm going to buy one and, as you wrote, there are many choices. But most of the choices are with the black or chrome surround. I want a glossy black mesh with aluminium surround, exactly like yours. Would you mind sharing the information on where you bought the grill? I know X-uk only so far and their grills look quality, but what if there are better options?