My S3 8P...Alps Time.....

Tignes is great, you'll really like it here. I haven't been to Chamonix for years, loved it when I was there too.

All much the same, Tignes is a vast area, and rarely do you get people in the way.

Plenty of mixed runs, off piste if you so wish too.

Just in Le lac now, have taken some nice photos that I'll upload on wifi when back at the chalet.
Cheers for the info, we were going to go to Tignes this year, but it would have been too busy as we are going at beginning of March and i think that the x games is on at roughly the same time, so decided against it as it will be really busy. Ive heard that Chamonix can get pretty busy, we went to Valmeinier last year and it was busy there as well.

Pics look awesome :)

All down hill on way to the car wash, must keep her clean....

12226092456_da18472963_b.jpg

in the queue...

12225909934_b35675421f_b.jpg

Look at the mountains on the way down, right in the background, cant get any whiter than that.

12225688193_cb6304b4a6_b.jpg

Yesterdays lunch....chorizo/peppers pizza and 9 million chips...

12226083616_037a6c22ef_b.jpg

Tonights dinner.. Mont d'or Chaud.

12226077616_52bd78e260_b.jpg

Very cold up here today, like blistering cold.

12225900104_f0b7cf2606_b.jpg

Reactions: veeeight
Update

Car is hurt.

Snowplough has ruined rear bumper and cluster.

Was parked all day and he's come along and ****ed it.

Already booked it in to be fixed for Tuesday. New bumper and cluster.

Hes no where to be seen. No note, just huge piles of snow behind my car...so could only have been him.

off to find him, and rip his sack off.

Nice. thanks

Wish I'd parked it the other way round.

The front bumper is covered in stone chips. The back was fine lol

Been out to look for him. No luck. Would be a pretty bad language barrier anyway.

Good job I work in VAG parts as a parts advisor. still pretty expensive though.

Be fixed latest Wednesday.

Everyone likes pictures.

12237709886_2a6f3065f3_b.jpg

Slice that goes all the way through and its popped at the top, and cluster is smashed.

Not to mention scratched to ***** and and its just caught the boot lid, but only tiny tiny tiny bit, just lacquer.

:wtf: go find him and get him to pay. Can't believe this, will it be ok to drive back to the uk? Gutted for you mate

:wtf: go find him and get him to pay. Can't believe this, will it be ok to drive back to the uk? Gutted for you mate

Yeah all fine to drive with, i've been out looking for him today, happened to find some tunnels too which cheered me up alot.

Cant find him, there were 2 snowploughs here yesterday, huge ones, one with a bucket, one with a proper plough. I found a few others but not the ones here.

Not to mention they're gonna be french, and not care and suddenly not understand english. I cant put a face to them either...

This is where she was parked. Exactly. Little bit of space behind her. say 5 feet.

That motorhome to the left there is still parked in the exact spot now, the bus to the right is still there too.

12169268924_9bd992b1c4_b.jpg

He's come from the right, across behind it to clear snow and leave piles of it, then smashed the S3 up and then facked off.

Could have just left it, its a ****** Quattro.

That's such a shame it really annoys me when people don't leave details. Not the best way to end what appears to have been a great trip.
Hope your trip back goes smoothly.

That's such a shame it really annoys me when people don't leave details. Not the best way to end what appears to have been a great trip.
Hope your trip back goes smoothly.

Little annoying to say the least.

It's actually the fact that the guy didn't own up to it that annoys me the most.

I can bare the fact that it's broken, I mean it's only cosmetic, plastic.

But definitely the cost shouldn't be mine.

Even if he said, look mate I've smashed your car, I cannot afford to pay you anything, here's what's happened, I'm sorry.

I'd be OK with that. But to run off like a coward, he needs his head checked, and he definitely will if I find him!

What a complete bell end. Really feel for you mate, that sucks.

It's a bit countryist but that's the French for you.

Go to Austria next time...further to drive as well and some amazing tunnels.

It's a bit countryist but that's the French for you.

Go to Austria next time...further to drive as well and some amazing tunnels.

Hasn't scared me off this place, it's a great place, just some idiot in a snowplough with half a brain cell.

Tunnels are awesome! can't wait for them on the route home!

Looks more like an eating holiday than skiing holiday to me.... ;)

You're off the slopes awfully early, much before last lift !!

Looks more like an eating holiday than skiing holiday to me.... ;)

You're off the slopes awfully early, much before last lift !!

The food was amazing! Have been spoilt by our chalet.

My knees are shagged now, end of the week, constant skiing throughout. things stop working so well!

Yikes I'm only 24!!

Not good :( Val claret has a underground car park. We stay there but cost £50 a week. You still there or back now?

really fancy a trip...diesel quattro though for 55 mpg! i'll leave the A3Q at home

Not good :( Val claret has a underground car park. We stay there but cost £50 a week. You still there or back now?

Still here, going to leave soon.

I'll park it at the other chalet next time as there is designated parking there.

Nice pics, are we gonna get any vidoes?

Have you seen this? I don't know if it's 3 or 5 door.

AUDI S3 P8 REAR BUMPER 2012 Phantom Black | eBay

After prep it'll probably work out similar to what I can get a new one for.

+ that one has reverse sensors, can't be fudged to retro them.

I'm a VAG parts advisor in one of the largest privately owned motor trade companies in the country. So everything I get is on the cheaper side.

I'll just have a new one, I ordered it 3 mins after I saw the damage, and it's booked in at the painters Tuesday.

So all good.

Really appreciate your time looking though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jonse
Sorry to hear about the car buddy, that sucks indeed! The trip I am sure is expensive enough without having to worry about repair bills!

Back on topic, very jealous! I board every year and have done the last 19 years, absolutley love it but it is on my bucket list to drive from Belfast to the Alpes some year (ideally in my S3) and experience it from another perspective!

Heading to Mayrhofen first week of March, cannot wait!

Reactions: mjr901
Sucks to hear about the snowplough incident and hope it gets sorted!

Wish I'd decided to drive to Soll this January but I bottled it and booked flights instead as there were too many going to fit in the S3.

Looks like there was plenty of snow though and good skiing on the plus side!

Well I got home this morning around 4am.

Drove it straight, didn't want to fart about.

Seas were pretty bad. Sailing took a while.

As far as the bumper is concerned, whilst at the painters, the rear splitter is going to be painted gloss black, although I haven't actually told them to do it yet, but I will when I drop it off.

So with every cloud....as they say...

Immense trip anyway!

I thoroughly recommend it!!

Thanks to all interested + comments made!

Reactions: Dave-S3
One from the trip back yesterday, 200 miles approx from Calais.

Central reservation ruined it a bit, ahh well.

12266991916_9ba6c8de5f_b.jpg

Either M4 or M5 early hours of this morning, i cant remember, but I thought it'd be ironic to "hog the middle lane".

12266425315_3f8e42c8c8_b.jpg

Reactions: voorhees
Just looked through the thread. Looked amazing! Shame about that rear bumper tho.. Grr.

Love the black edition wheels. I currently have black s3 wheels on but i'm going to look into getting the black edition wheels.

How much did they set you back?

Just looked through the thread. Looked amazing! Shame about that rear bumper tho.. Grr.

Love the black edition wheels. I currently have black s3 wheels on but i'm going to look into getting the black edition wheels.

How much did they set you back?

Thanks matey, twas an awesome trip!

The wheels came new with the car, so I'm not sure exactly? 9 million of them on eBay though.

:)

Either M4 or M5 early hours of this morning, i cant remember, but I thought it'd be ironic to "hog the middle lane".

12266425315_3f8e42c8c8_b.jpg

Thanks matey, twas an awesome trip!

The wheels came new with the car, so I'm not sure exactly? 9 million of them on eBay though.

:)

Ah okay mate. My S3 came with the S3 wheels in black, mint condition and the tyres all have 6mm of tread. How much do you think i'd fetch for them?

Well I got home this morning around 4am.

Drove it straight, didn't want to fart about.

Seas were pretty bad. Sailing took a while.

As far as the bumper is concerned, whilst at the painters, the rear splitter is going to be painted gloss black, although I haven't actually told them to do it yet, but I will when I drop it off.

So with every cloud....as they say...

Immense trip anyway!

I thoroughly recommend it!!

Thanks to all interested + comments made!

Mines going in Monday to get the rear splitter and fog light surrounds sprayed black also great minds and all. Glad you got back in one piece nothing falling off.

Bit late as I just read the thread….Very nice pics and looks like it was an awesome trip. Something I need to do soon as well!
Sorry to see the damage! its annoying to deal with. Plus no note means they just **** off and don't even care about it- scums. Happened to me previously and I ended up just paying everything myself.

Bit late as I just read the thread….Very nice pics and looks like it was an awesome trip. Something I need to do soon as well!
Sorry to see the damage! its annoying to deal with. Plus no note means they just **** off and don't even care about it- scums. Happened to me previously and I ended up just paying everything myself.

Definitely didn't envisage paying a load of cash fixing the car after the holiday.

With a bit of luck Karma will have its way with the idiot.

On a plus note, the rear splitter has been painted gloss black whilst it was all off.

Should have her back today or tomorrow.

Will be doing the same again next year, cannot wait!

After prep it'll probably work out similar to what I can get a new one for.

+ that one has reverse sensors, can't be fudged to retro them.

I'm a VAG parts advisor in one of the largest privately owned motor trade companies in the country. So everything I get is on the cheaper side.

I'll just have a new one, I ordered it 3 mins after I saw the damage, and it's booked in at the painters Tuesday.

So all good.

Really appreciate your time looking though.

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread n really need help...

I need your help mate to order to some s3 parts, been waiting for Nigel for ages but nothing still heard, I know he wasn't well recently...

I'm basically doing a s3 conversion and need to buy the parts, what I'm gone do is do the front end first and next month rear end...

I'm going for 8p3 conversion so any idea how much I'm roughly looking to pay, I'll do the side skirt along with front end...

If you could pm that be awesome... Also who does fitting, I know Nigel does but who else coz Nigel may not be around!

Cheers

I need your help mate to order to some s3 parts, been waiting for Nigel for ages but nothing still heard, I know he wasn't well recently...

I'm basically doing a s3 conversion and need to buy the parts, what I'm gone do is do the front end first and next month rear end...

I'm going for 8p3 conversion so any idea how much I'm roughly looking to pay, I'll do the side skirt along with front end...

If you could pm that be awesome... Also who does fitting, I know Nigel does but who else coz Nigel may not be around!

Cheers

You have a PM.

Cheers

You have a PM.

Nice pictures but it's a real shame your car got a whack...

I may be up for a trip next year, never made it this year, will have to see how things pan out

Reactions: mjr901