My S3 8L so far.....

JonBoi25

Reaction score
Hi all !

Been on the forum a while now, Had my first S3 back in 2011 then went to a Mk5 R32 for a bit then decided to go S3 again hehe.. I had my reasons lol.

Bought this S3 with the front mount, custom turbo back and stage 2 revo map already installed. 272bhp

Since then I have done a fair amount to try and get it to a place where I'm happy with it. As follows ☺.

- Replaced front wishbone bushes for polys
- Replaced rear arm bushes for polys
- Removed old crashy fk coilovers and fitted AP coilovers
- Fitted 4 pot Brembo calipers and larger front discs
- Replaced both ball joints
- Replaced tie bars
- Mk4 R32 rear arb fitted
- Changed rear tailpipe to larger twin
- Removed rear seats etc to lighten a bit
- Fitted larger air filter Ramair
- Fitted inlet plenum spacer
- Sprayed all grey plastics black
- Sprayed inside of headlamps black
- Repaired boost gauge
- Repaired vacuum lines under inlet as split etc
- Fitted 18s bbs ch with new rubber! 8j front 9j rear
- Sprayedcharge pipe and plenum with black crinkle paint

I've probably missed things but here's a few pics of before and after,

Future plans are to get more ponies! around the 350 to 400 mark so some engjne work will be up next ☺

Any thoughts welcome
FB IMG 1448316912456
FB IMG 1448316957685
FB IMG 1448317013045
FB IMG 1448317019232
FB IMG 1448315712868
FB IMG 1448315688298

Last edited:
Reactions: SamHendry and superkarl
Thought dolphin grey was my favourite colour, but this changes my mind, lol :)

Ha funny you should say that the body work on mine is pretty tatty scuffs and scratches and a bubble in one place on boot.

So I'd thought of getting it resprayed or wrapped... grey or silver haha!

I doubt I will though going to focus on powaarrrr

Ming blue really is a great colour.
You're not alone with the less than perfect bodywork. Old cars now so they're starting to show it

Reactions: JonBoi25
That's where I am at, although I've only a a3 tqs, and once the power and maps been sorted it's going for full respray as well :)!

Sounds like you've got it all planned ! The extra power will be fun.

Yours looks tidy in the photo bud, nice.!

Hi. Total newbie and first time Audi owner.
Could somebody please tell me if a remap on my Audi S3 2015 (build date was September) is possible yet? I am told they still cannot get the security on the new ecu's?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you

Cannot figure out how to start my own thread so apologies.

Sounds like you've got it all planned ! The extra power will be fun.

Yours looks tidy in the photo bud, nice.!

Thanks bro :)

It's changed a bit from that now lol lowered new wheels and front end bump, it's banger but it's my banger and wouldn't change it for anything :)!

Cannot figure out how to start my own thread so apologies.

Haha you've posted on my thread in the 8l section booooo ,

In answer to your question I'm sure someone somewhere will map it but without owning one I've never looked.

Try posting in the relevant year for your car bud ☺, 8V chassis or whatever it is hehe

Lovely looking car by the way !

Haha you've posted on my thread in the 8l section booooo ,

In answer to your question I'm sure someone somewhere will map it but without owning one I've never looked.

Try posting in the relevant year for your car bud ☺, 8V chassis or whatever it is hehe

Lovely looking car by the way !

Thank you mate. I've managed to create a thread now. Hopefully speak again soon

I've moved it for u Steve :)

Reactions: Steve 2015 s3 and JonBoi25
Very nice mate... Best colour
What size tyres u running? Like that chunky tyre look!
Also get a cupra r splitter on it

Reactions: IPG and JonBoi25
So how much did the rear seats weigh? I'm 6"6 (200cm) and since my seat is pushed all the way back, no one can sit behind me anyway. :p

Very nice mate... Best colour
What size tyres u running? Like that chunky tyre look!
Also get a cupra r splitter on it

Thanks bud, I think I'm growing to like the colour more as I go.

Ha! Yeah they are a bit bigger than before, I had silly low , low profiles before and IMO the handling suffered because of it, cornering hard I think I managed to get the alloy touching the tarmac once so went for larger side walls. Plus It had such little ground clearance I was constantly holding my breath going over speed bumps and bumpy roads!...

So they are I believe ; 235 45 18 on front 8j and 245 45 18 on rear 9j. (Might be wrong).

But either way im pretty happy , wanted the ground clearance for backroad driving and wanted to fill the arches a bit more as with the low profile 17s it looked like a turtle with lil legs (wheels) sticking out!.

Had the R splitter on my first S3 and it looked okay but its too low at the front already ha !

Last edited:
So how much did the rear seats weigh? I'm 6"6 (200cm) and since my seat is pushed all the way back, no one can sit behind me anyway. :p

hmmm , I did weigh all the stuff I removed at the time but cant remember if I'm honest !

Did weigh the car though and its 1362 kg , Which isn't the worst..

I'm 6"5 and had the same issue, so thought ahh lets do away with em lol !

Looking good buddy. Did you have spaces fitted on the standard wheels?

Hello bud,
Is yours all running sweet still ?

Yeah I did have, bolt on 20mm rear with extra 15mm, then fronts had longer bolts with 25mm spacers. (all fitted by previous owner)

Reactions: anthony89
All running sweet. Mot sometime this week hopefully!.
It sits good! Gives me an idea of what spacers i need. Might even do the wheels gloss black too!

All running sweet. Mot sometime this week hopefully!.
It sits good! Gives me an idea of what spacers i need. Might even do the wheels gloss black too!

Yeah ?! nice work!,

Mine too on friday ! Yeah it did sit nicely and look decent but I am focusing on handling and driveability.

hmmm , I did weigh all the stuff I removed at the time but cant remember if I'm honest !

Did weigh the car though and its 1362 kg , Which isn't the worst..

I'm 6"5 and had the same issue, so thought ahh lets do away with em lol !

Why do us big people buy cars made for midgets? :p Mine weighs in at 1420kg exactly, with a full tank of gas and a spare wheel in the back.

Haha I'm looking at a new steering wheel to help clear my knees !.

Ooo to be fair mine was with empty tank and no spare :p.

loving that chunky wheel look!!! think i need to widen up when it's time to get new ones!

loving that chunky wheel look!!! think i need to widen up when it's time to get new ones!

Cheers Ian,

Needs lowering a touch more then should be spot on, the extra rubber contact on the road makes such a huge difference!. 4 " extra rubber , thats another whole car tyre for some haha ! :p

any pics of the car from direct front / back to see them better? ;)

The car is on AP Coilovers now,

Has anyone else got these fitted ?. I want to drop the back lower but the rears are on the bottom of the thread..

I read elsewhere you can remove the threaded boss all together is this an option ?

Looking good! wheel spacers are must on these cars, I need some for mine!