My S3´s life span

tankie2ndrtr

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am running around 265ponies at the moment, I am happy with this as i think its a good range of power and "ok" on fuel lol. I am now after strengthening (spelt badly) mods and have been reading up on valves and conrods ETC. I am however torn between upgrading said parts or leaving my S3 as it is. The old saying dont fix what isnt broken comes to mind. I would like to eventually change the turbo downpipe and manifold to suit my Milltek Exhaust however i have been warned by ppl (not on this site) that my internals wont take it...

I have however read the post on valva failures at high bhp.... Im torn and ever so slightly confused.....

regards Gary

You will be ok with 265BHP, just regularly service it and you will be fine, anything over 300BHP and 320lb/ft+ of torque(eg. big turbo) is when you need to worry about conrods and valves.
As for actual wear, obviously running higher power will wear things out quicker, but I doubt you will be driving the car at full boost day in day out everytime you start the car, just warm the car up to operational temps before giving it the beans and cooling it down to preserve turbo life is my way of keeping things in good nick.

Id not be worrying about your internals with the powers the standard turbo can produce. All the manifold and downpipe will do it allow the gasses tho flow more freely.

Im running quite a bit of power, now on 115k and have yet to see any problems*

*YET! Doesnt mean they wont but on my recent oil change and engine inspection I really couldnt fault it!