My RS3 Nogaroblue after chiptuning without loosing warranty

michalprz

RS3 NOGARO BLUE
Reaction score
Hey guys..so finaly after 9h of work 2 best tuners in Poland did it..if i need warranty i just has to comback to them and they will do like this that after 4h im ready to go to Audi Service…i hope i will no need to..now the car its joke…to fast for me now:)now in Poland we have 3 degrees and im on summer tires..no chance to do launch control even on dry…all whells are spining…i try 3times…best i did 4.0 and without L.C 4.1 with one guy on board.. 100-200 i did 2times with one guy on board and i did 9.6…9.5 so i thing if i have low benzin and i will be alone i can do 9.1 9.2 i will try later...
20151125 122315

Reactions: mudfish and RYuill
I don't see how they can avoid the TD1 flag if they have flashed the ECU. Even if they flash it back to stock before you service the marker will still be there...
Think that if/when I tune I'll stick to the DTUK/DTE option which is getting 3.5 0-60's and is fully removable from the car with no TD1.

I don't see how they can avoid the TD1 flag if they have flashed the ECU. Even if they flash it back to stock before you service the marker will still be there...
Think that if/when I tune I'll stick to the DTUK/DTE option which is getting 3.5 0-60's and is fully removable from the car with no TD1.
i cant be
3.5 for me its tough to belive to be honest..;)stock i was doing 4.0 but do 100kmh…so lets say 3.9 0-60 0.4 its a lot with just 20hp more and 50nm…strange but probably possible if they show those results..i hope not downhill ;)

The vbox results have been posted in the last 24 hours in this forum if you look at the other threads.

And I'm 99.9% sure the TD1 warranty flag will be triggered on your car...

Hey guys..so finaly after 9h of work 2 best tuners in Poland did it..if i need warranty i just has to comback to them and they will do like this that after 4h im ready to go to Audi Service…i hope i will no need to..now the car its joke…to fast for me now:)now in Poland we have 3 degrees and im on summer tires..no chance to do launch control even on dry…all whells are spining…i try 3times…best i did 4.0 and without L.C 4.1 with one guy on board.. 100-200 i did 2times with one guy on board and i did 9.6…9.5 so i thing if i have low benzin and i will be alone i can do 9.1 9.2 i will try later... View attachment 73809

What was your stock BHP?

Fine numbers but what I recognize from the dynosheet it says manual transmission, there should be noon? That should change something? These dynos are wortless without a dynorun before and after. Yes td1 is there. In an accident with the car smashed you don't have the time for 4 hours to switch it back.

we did test on the same dyno 5days ago..so no need to do it again yesterday…if i hit the car i dont have to go imidetly to audi.i hope this will not happen…this guys are doing cars from 20years and belive me they now what they are doing..they did this in all new s6 s7 rs7…never got catched by audi…so im confident about them…sometimes u can be sure 99.9% and u can be not right..

Would like to know how an independent tuner in Poland has avoided TD1, when huge international tuners like APR cannot... I think they are either lying to you or have been lucky that no dealer has checked yet. Your choice, but I would be very careful!

im not saying that dtuk is faking results on Vbox but 3.5 its very fast for 409hp…everybody its imprest but i want to see the other results from other guys…its not a problem to post photo 3.5 from internet…carrera 991 400hp is doing 3.9 on vbox so im telling u…3.5 its crazy fast ;)i hope its true

Would like to know how an independent tuner in Poland has avoided TD1, when huge international tuners like APR cannot... I think they are either lying to you or have been lucky that no dealer has checked yet. Your choice, but I would be very careful!
how u know they dont those guys dont know??why they will lay to me?u think they will risk ******** like this to get 1k euro?dont think so...i know 1 guys around 14year and we are good friends..

Because APR tell you about TD1 when you get a tune! I'm not laying into you, just suggesting it seems unlikely you have a warranty safe tune- as I said, it's your risk, your problem.

I think that's a 3 year old thread with out of date information. The 'confirmations' of people avoiding TD1's with stock flashes are on <2012 cars - as per Revo's statement things changed in 2013.

We will have to agree to disagree - though I will repeat I genuinely hope you are right!

If you mod within warranty period you do so at the risk of it being spotted. As long as you know this then no problem I guess. If I keep mine beyond 3 years I'd upgrade the turbo for a bigger one for sure!

TX.

Reactions: josedebardi
im not saying that dtuk is faking results on Vbox but 3.5 its very fast for 409hp…everybody its imprest but i want to see the other results from other guys…its not a problem to post photo 3.5 from internet…carrera 991 400hp is doing 3.9 on vbox so im telling u…3.5 its crazy fast ;)i hope its true

not sure how i can fake the results, I've sent the original photo to several people and its sitting there on my iPhone/ipad etc..

its the first time I've used the v-BOX on any car, and i was as surprised as anyone but 2 different "private test tracks" and the same results.

There is a member local to us who has bought a box, and is loaning our v-box.. the only problem with his car is that he's not using OE wheels and tyres

I have contacted tuner here also with huge experience from Audi and he said you have to include the td1 flag as simply as that. Only tuning that isn't leaving anything is boxes.

Reactions: josedebardi
on other page u can see my pics..what i can say..my guy is giving me 100000% that nothing is gonna be if i have to go back to stock…he did this allready several times…i paid him 1k euro for this…not big money..he is my friend so really belive him..why he will lay to me..for what?looks like Poland its different level :p

I think that's a 3 year old thread with out of date information. The 'confirmations' of people avoiding TD1's with stock flashes are on <2012 cars - as per Revo's statement things changed in 2013.

We will have to agree to disagree - though I will repeat I genuinely hope you are right!

For an Audi newbie, whats the TD1 flag?

not sure how i can fake the results, I've sent the original photo to several people and its sitting there on my iPhone/ipad etc..

its the first time I've used the v-BOX on any car, and i was as surprised as anyone but 2 different "private test tracks" and the same results.

There is a member local to us who has bought a box, and is loaning our v-box.. the only problem with his car is that he's not using OE wheels and tyres

So the 3.5s vbox time was with an RS3 running non standard wheels/tyres - could you please elbaorate? Cheers :)

As per the revo link :

TD1is the VW Audi Group warranty ‘Flag’ for a vehicle that has been modified, this is something you should all be well aware of. If you’re not then please note; since the change in main dealer on-line diagnostic tools throughout 2013 performance software can and will be seen when a vehicle is plugged into online at a main dealer. This is the case even if it’s switched to ‘stock’ mode, it is possible although not confirmed that TD1 could be flagged if a vehicle has been flashed with any tool other than the OEM online system. Our recommendation to all our dealers is to make the vehicle owner aware that their warranty will be affected if they have software installed on their vehicle; this isn’t anything new as we’ve never claimed software is undetectable however prior to the new main dealer systems Revo software did tend to go unnoticed.

It's the code that tells the dealer you've had the car tuned/modded if I'm not mistaken.

As for the OP, I hope you are right. Even friends will tell a wee fib to get your money.
Not a box fan but on another forum I mod on most have gone the DTUK route as they are not detected.

i hope i will not have to try if some of u guys are right or my friend is right;)hope no injury for the car…for now is running great…v max 304

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3, Terminator x and josedebardi
Fine numbers but what I recognize from the dynosheet it says manual transmission, there should be noon? That should change something? These dynos are wortless without a dynorun before and after. Yes td1 is there. In an accident with the car smashed you don't have the time for 4 hours to switch it back.

If the car is smashed up it wouldnt be a warranty claim would it. Insure it correctly as tuned and if you smash it, you will be covered.

However if it lunches a turbo or throws a leg out of bed, you will have 4 hrs. However, i'm not convinced the TD1 flag can be erased, in fact it may even show up as 2 checksum changes. One to tune, one to go back to stock.

I'll be sticking with MTM I think.

Reactions: RYuill
Gents, I would 100 percent believe the 3.5 second time... considering I have run a 3.95 to 62mph stock (with a passenger!) on my Vbox...and a 3.82 with the ABT tune on my own... considering the ABT tune feels 95% stock, id expect a torquey tune to knock a few tenths off....

Note: the top run is with ABT, the 2nd is stock... the rest are runs/soft launches I did with my old A45 or M3.

Attachments

• vbox run.jpg
    vbox run.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 207
Reactions: mcohec
i cant be

3.5 for me its tough to belive to be honest..;)stock i was doing 4.0 but do 100kmh…so lets say 3.9 0-60 0.4 its a lot with just 20hp more and 50nm…strange but probably possible if they show those results..i hope not downhill ;)
Hey mate,

So if you're doing 4.0 to 100, its closer 3.8 to 60 mph... also, not sure if you inspected the Dyno charts thoroughly, but they normalised the results... so the real Delta is 293 bhp at the wheels stock to 347 bhp at the wheels tuned... According to DTEs calcs, 293bhp is more like 385-390bhp...and 347bhp is more like 430bhp...but they wanted to normalise the data... bringing it back to the 367ps/465nm "stock" value... so then the 430 figure becomes 409, off a 367 base.

Reactions: nervus