My RS

I'd rather keep it than sell for that price, I'm hoping the fact that it's an exclusive in a non offensive colour may atleast make a little more £ than average or atleast an easier sale. But this may just be wishful thinking. Not even sure if these are selling well at the moment

I'd say you should get around the £40k mark privately. Agree with Rocketer, the stealers will offer £35k.

Sign up to glass guide that gives a half decent guide to wether your being ripped off

Reactions: Peter Metcalf
This is what glass guide says about your car, it doesn't take mileage into consideration.

Sorry no photos of the two together yet. The Golf needs some serious tlc and the rs isn't staying clean for 5 mins lately. It's even harder to keep clean now I avoid the motorway...I'd rather a bit of dirt than a load of stone chips though.
Here are a couple of bad pics with the carbon mirror covers on. Excuse the filthy driveway and skip ha. We've not long moved in and haven't had time to clean it.
Roll on the summer....

I would recommend invisible bra to prevent stone chips...

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

Ok maybe I worded my post wrong. I know what the dealers will give me! What have people sold/bought them for recently?
I don't need a quick sale and as there aren't any decent (unoffensive coloured) exclusives up at the moment il try my luck at a high price.
And as far as know you can't order them currently so if someone is looking for one and a bit different then hopefully will pay a little more than your common nardo

Common nardo?! Not than many kept the RS3 only colour afaik ;)

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Seen this is up for £47k! Optimistic I'd say, but no harm in trying.

Seen this is up for £47k! Optimistic I'd say, but no harm in trying.

HaHa No harm at all! Especially as the only other exclusive on auto trader is up for nearly £50k
Gotta try your luck initially I guess I've dropped the price to 44k which I think is fair compaired to the others on the market. With a great spec a plate and carbon mirrors.
10k options with low miles not too excessive?
I would accept a sensible offer.

I'd say nardo is common on an rs3 yeh, especially as I'm comparing to possibly the only nimbus rs3 in the country. No offence intended though as they do look great with the black pack, but if I was looking for a used rs3 I would pay considerably more for a nice un offensive exclusive colour. If you're spending around 40k for a car what's a grand or two more for something less common? Maybe I'm overestimating the people in the market for one but if you're scraping together that kind of money and can't push a little more for something you like that's far less common then you probably can't afford the car anyway.

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3 and D0C
If I had £40k I'd snap your hands off...it looks stunning. Unfortunately, I'm someone who needs finance, whether it be PCP/Leasing etc, so that pretty much rules out a private buy.

If I was going to get finance on another car then I wouldn't go through Audi, I've recently found out Lombard do good pcp finance rates for used cars on the same basis as the Audi finance with the balloon payment at the end. I'm sure there are other companies that do too. It's just convenient to get through Audi as they offer better discount on the new cars with their financing. It's a rip off on a used car through them at around 11%apr
This still has over 3 years factory warranty left so pretty much no unexpected costs.

If I had £40k I'd snap your hands off...it looks stunning. Unfortunately, I'm someone who needs finance, whether it be PCP/Leasing etc, so that pretty much rules out a private buy.[/QUOT

Might be worth looking at the banks as well for finance, recently sorted myself out a PCP with one of them for just over 4%. Audi wanted anything between 11.9-16.9%, plus the GFV / balloon payment after 4 years is approx. 50% of the cars value at the same time so I'll have plenty equity in the car at that time as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: JimboS3
P_G, that sounds very interesting, I'll look into it.

Well worth it, should have added the GFV from Audi is normally the valuation of the car at the time plus about 10-15%. not the 40-50% I have from the bank. And because the APR is so much lower the monthly payments are lower than what Audi quoted.

I'd say nardo is common on an rs3 yeh, especially as I'm comparing to possibly the only nimbus rs3 in the country. No offence intended though as they do look great with the black pack, but if I was looking for a used rs3 I would pay considerably more for a nice un offensive exclusive colour. If you're spending around 40k for a car what's a grand or two more for something less common? Maybe I'm overestimating the people in the market for one but if you're scraping together that kind of money and can't push a little more for something you like that's far less common then you probably can't afford the car anyway.

Common you say :tonguewink:

image2_zpscoxv4z6s.png

TX.

*pic stolen from elsewhere*

Reactions: Bristle Hound, 45bvtc and JimboS3
Haha a little more rare than I thought then.

I've not sold it yet unsurprisingly as I know it's still a bit overpriced even after a price drop. had loads of poor offers. And annoying dealers trying to justify their offers saying it should have nav. It has every option worth having on an rs in my opinion. And I can get nav put on easy and cheap enough.
:/
If anyone on here is at all interested send me over an offer. It can't be any more insulting than the ones I've had the last couple of days.

Considering they arnt making them anymore if hold out mate, Won't be long before realise there is no facelift info forthcoming anytime soon from Audi and get bored then I think prices will remain strong.

Reactions: JimboS3
Im definitely fed up with taking calls already. And I'm certainly in no rush to sell it as I don't even know what I'd want to replace it with yet. I'd like an rs6 but can't justify spending that much on a car especially as I'm a responsible father now and still have lots left that I want to do to my house.
I took out a bi turbo a6 thinking that may be a cheaper option but was very dissapointed. Didn't feel much quicker than our 2.0 tdi at all.

What about the Audi S6, nice and big and luxurious, can be had cheaper than the RS3 on the used market, and I'm told it's more or less an RS6 engine just detuned bar a few minor details, stage 1 power is around 560 bhp, huge sleeper potential.

I have considered the s6 but it's not for me. I'd always wish I'd spent a bit more and got an rs6.
I wouldn't want it mapped and I've heard they are very underwhelming std. Plus I've already got an a6 and they are pretty much the same car to look at.

For Christ sake don't mention being jealous of a higher model on here you'll get slated lol
I know what you mean though, if Quattro isn't a deal breaker then the BMW F10 M5 really is bargain of the year, I was finding used they were the same on finance as used RS3's.
Very comfortable and warp speed fast, I had the pleasure of watching Evolve timings stage 1 F10 M5 at a Vmax event and it was easily going to to toe with the likes of 458 Ferraris and the like.

Haha it's ok we are in an rs convo here, I can't help it I owned an s3 and spent the whole time wishing it was an rs. thanks for your help Spack, I'm too much of an Audi fan I think I'd rather give cars a miss for a couple years and save for the rs than go to the dark side. They just don't do it in the looks department for me.
For Christ sake don't mention being jealous of a higher model on here you'll get slated lol
I know what you mean though, if Quattro isn't a deal breaker then the BMW F10 M5 really is bargain of the year, I was finding used they were the same on finance as used RS3's.
Very comfortable and warp speed fast, I had the pleasure of watching Evolve timings stage 1 F10 M5 at a Vmax event and it was easily going to to toe with the likes of 458 Ferraris and the like.

Yes, true. Still I choose the RS3 over an M5 because of the really high costs of owning it and of course no quattro for winter time. We have plenty of fast cars here to buy cheap but the cost of owning them is really high so, no thanx. Although its always nice to see fast/sport car and that people who can afford it spend their money buying one, nice :).

Well she's been gone for a week now, I loved owning the car and it put a smile on my face every time I drove it....but I can't say I miss it yet. The most expensive commuting only car il ever own.

Glad to hear you got it sold in a reasonable time. Did it go privately or to a trader in the end?