My results from R-tech

Dane

Had an 8L S3, a B5 RS4 now I have a B8 S4
Reaction score
Second R-tech post in 24 hours feel like im jumping on a band wagon but useful results never the less!

I made the trip to R-tech on Saturday and as everyone has pointed out they are a good bunch of lads, very friendly and welcoming.

They started out by checking for faults using the same snap-on diagnostic tool I used to check the car the Monday before hand which completely puts to bed any unsure thoughts I had for the system. Came back all good with nothing bad to report.

They put the car up on the ramp and did a thorough check from underneath, disconected the Haldex and put the car on to the rolling road. I've never had a car on a rolling road before so it was all pretty exciting. They printed out the graph for the standard run which looked a little something like this:

standard0001-1.jpg

Pretty happy with that, limited as my knowledge is, it looks to be in pretty good nick. The 209.75 power figure seems to be pretty close to the 170.9 g/s power figure of 213.6.

They started to upload the map and in the meanwhile I got a shotgun ride in another customers Golf GTI edtion 30 pushing a claimed 270 horses. He had brought it back because he didnt like the REVO that had been put on there and wanted to go back to the R-tech map he had before. And man was that thing rapid, completely different driving sensation with all that power just going to the front wheels, my day is going well at this point :yes:.

Got back to R-tech had a cuppa and a hob nob and the R-tech map for my S3 was all finished So it was Rolling roaded to see the differences. This is the graph produced:

r-tech0001.jpg

247.7 horses at the engine and 247.5 ftlbs at the engine :eyebrows:. Again my knowledge is fairly limited in these things so let me know what you think. Im also yet to get a g/s reading post remap but Im on that tomorrow.

The car has a K&N panel filter for the while (Old owner), has a Forge 007 and is always run on V-power.

Let me know your thoughts (hope the pics worked lol)

Last edited:
looks like a decent result in terms of mapping (cant see the graph im at work).

i work out ur g/s about 198.16 i think

I managed to get a quick g/s reading of 195.83 on wednesday evening, equating to 244.79. So the rolling road seems to be fairly accurate in that respect, just 3 lower than the readout. The yellow text they use on the printout for the after figure isn't particularly scanner friendly lol.

It's nice to see a realistic dyno figure for a Stage 1 S3. Some people's rollers would of had that well up at 260+....

Dyno lottery I guess....

Good work! :thumbsup:

It's nice to see a realistic dyno figure for a Stage 1 S3. Some people's rollers would of had that well up at 260+....

Dyno lottery I guess....

Good work! :thumbsup:

Ta very much!

I agree, it's nice to have a figure to work from and build upon.

Bilsteins this month, and I can already hear Forge calling me from Gloucester for next month :eyebrows:

Ta very much!

I agree, it's nice to have a figure to work from and build upon.

Bilsteins this month, and I can already hear Forge calling me from Gloucester for next month :eyebrows:

Ahhh, I didn't realise you were a local....

Two of my mates work at Forge these days which is handy....

Reactions: Grahamwall1984
Ahhh, I didn't realise you were a local....

Two of my mates work at Forge these days which is handy....

haha I bet it is... need a TIP and a shiny FMIC fancy putting in a good word???

Yep Born and raised a Cheltenham boy, I do try and keep an eye open for the bumblebee though.

haha I bet it is... need a TIP and a shiny FMIC fancy putting in a good word???

Yep Born and raised a Cheltenham boy, I do try and keep an eye open for the bumblebee though.

I was up working in Cheltenham all week two weeks ago, over at Eagle Tower. I am up that way quite a bit these days...

What you driving?

I was up working in Cheltenham all week two weeks ago, over at Eagle Tower. I am up that way quite a bit these days...

What you driving?

I drive past there at least twice a day, small world eh!

I've got a Silver AMK s3, nothing to distinguish it exterior wise, just all of the noise from the holey airbox. I've only had it a month or so.

I drive past there at least twice a day, small world eh!

I've got a Silver AMK s3, nothing to distinguish it exterior wise, just all of the noise from the holey airbox. I've only had it a month or so.

LOL, I shall keep an eye out for you.... It's easy to miss me so keep eyes out....

haha Ill keep my eyes out for a yellow blur... Would of been coming to AITP but theres a cider festical at the pub I work at and Ive been drafted in

Boom boom! sure we will, enjoy AITP