My red sportback pics

Chris71

Reaction score
Hi all been on ASN since may and ive been hooked,its been an endless source of information an ive received loads of help from different members on a few mods ive done to the car including fitting eibach sportline springs,12mm spacers on rear and also fitting an S3 front grill (thanks paullie) so thought it was about time i started a thread so here goes hope you all like
a3020.jpg
a3001-1.jpg
a3003.jpg
a3006.jpg
a3023.jpg
iphonepic1026.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Paullie and 1inchpunch
Nice! Second red sportback to turn up this week.

Like the fact you've gone for keeping the chrome and even chroming up a bit more with the S3 grill. I changed to a black grill and dark wheels but am looking to change back. To many red and white Corsas etc kicking about with a BE style look nowadays.

I'm hoping to fit the same springs as you in the next month or so so good to see it on a similar car. Think those 10mm spacers you are looking for will look good on the front.

thanks lads and to 1inchpunch,i think ive got some photos of when i fitted the springs i'll find em and post em if you like,they were a piece of p*** to fit did em on me drive mate

Interesting. I started a thread titled http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...sis/130288-fitting-lowering-springs-home.html last week. Most poeple said it's dead easy but the last comment from Ads made me think twice about it. Did you need the 12 point triple square drive socket thing or does the easy, shorter method in the thread not require it? Pics would be good if you've got them.

Going to order the springs this week but still a bit iffy about it as I think a few that have said it's dead easy are actually mechanics.

Interesting. I started a thread titled http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/new-a3...sis/130288-fitting-lowering-springs-home.html last week. Most poeple said it's dead easy but the last comment from Ads made me think twice about it. Did you need the 12 point triple square drive socket thing or does the easy, shorter method in the thread not require it? Pics would be good if you've got them.

Going to order the springs this week but still a bit iffy about it as I think a few that have said it's dead easy are actually mechanics.

honestly mate it really isnt that difficult -bluequattro has covered everything only thing i would add is that i did the passenger side first and when i connected the drop link arm back on i couldnt drop the drivers side hub far enough down for the strut to drop out but i just simply diconnected the droplink and that was it.

you will need the 12 piont triple square ,i borrowed one but im sure they arnt very expensive to buy mate.

trust me its easy and i really enjoyed doin it,the rears must have taken me 20 mins to do both sides it only one bolt

ill post some pics they might help

looks good fella:thumbsup: Got a soft spot for red sportback.
Get saving for some xenon they should of been standard on the s-line.
Any other plans

looks good fella:thumbsup: Got a soft spot for red sportback.
Get saving for some xenon they should of been standard on the s-line.
Any other plans

Tell me about it ash i would love xenons i might look into fitting them when funds allow

Ive just purchased some S3 skirts and door blades so will be fitting them soon,hopefully i will be able to mod and use the s line sill plates dont really want to fit s3 ones if i can help it

Then i want to go down the rnse route and a remap,it does get into your blood all this modding:yes:

Last edited:
Just a random one but why the hell do our wipers stick up like this ? Annoys me !

Tell me about ash i would love xenons i might look into fitting them when funds allow

Ive just purchased some S3 skirts and door blades so will be fitting them soon,hopefully i will be able to mod and use the s line sill plates dont really want to fit s3 ones if i can help it

Then i want to go down the rnse route and a remap,it does get into your blood all this modding:yes:

Yeah its an expensive mod but well worth it. Wish i kept some xenons i had back in 2008 would of had them fitted years ago ha!
S3 side skirts :wub: Need some in my life. Haha it does get in your blood and asn doesnt help. I was only meant to keep my car for a bit and then upgrade once my insurance was lower but thats all changed lol.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it mate :thumbsup:

Pics of spring install theyre not great but they may help
pic of homemade hub splitter made from an 8mm allen socket
iphonephoto243.jpg
iphonephoto250.jpg
strut out and spring compressor fitted
iphonephoto246-2.jpg

iphonephoto247-1.jpg
this is the one and only bolt on the rear i removed
iphonephoto255.jpg
iphonephoto254-1.jpg
iphonephoto253-1.jpg

Hi mate,

Lovely SB :) I've also got the S3 grill, could you point in me in the right direction for the S-Line badge you've stuck on?

Hi mate,

Lovely SB :) I've also got the S3 grill, could you point in me in the right direction for the S-Line badge you've stuck on?[/

I bought mine of flea bay mate it was new and genuine grill badge i just peeled the S3 badge off and snapped off the plastic lugs off the back of the s line badge and stuck it to the S3 plinth on grill with double back sticky pads

Just make sure you buy a genuine badge as i bought a copy first time and they are s***.I think the stealers sell em for about £20 if you get desperate lol

I personally think that the silver / chrome look goes better with bright red bodywork!

IMG_1799.jpg

Reactions: 1inchpunch
i want an s3 grill :ermm:

Get one bought nally there's a few around for sale,I'm soooooooo glad I changed mine it's totally transformed the front and easy enough to do yourself, I'll post some pics of the install later when I get home

Get one bought nally there's a few around for sale,I'm soooooooo glad I changed mine it's totally transformed the front and easy enough to do yourself, I'll post some pics of the install later when I get home

i think its mad how the 8p3 is nicer than the 8p2 except for the mirrors and the sline grills.
tbh i thought from your avitar it was an s3

Sorry to keep banging on about my suspension on your thread Chris but just wanted to say that I took one of the front wheels off this afternoon just to make sure the necessary bolts weren't rusted solid. Both fronts appeared to move with no bother so looks like job on. Just need to order the 12 point and some spring compressors, oh, and the springs. Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah, also ordered those bulbs you posted in the other red sportback thread.

Sorry to keep banging on about my suspension on your thread Chris but just wanted to say that I took one of the front wheels off this afternoon just to make sure the necessary bolts weren't rusted solid. Both fronts appeared to move with no bother so looks like job on. Just need to order the 12 point and some spring compressors, oh, and the springs. Thanks for your help.

Oh yeah, also ordered those bulbs you posted in the other red sportback thread.

no worries mate as i said its fairly straight forward and if you follow what bluequattro did you wont go far wrong.

just to add with regards to the rears before i removed the bolt i put a trolley jack under the bottom arm then removed the bolt and lowered it down slowly then changed the spring and rubber bush over then just jacked up the trolley jack until the hole lined up then replaced the bolt,simples :)

Them bulbs were a bargain mate i think theyve dropped the price on em now to £6.50 :yes:

looks awesome, nice one. The more I see the sportback in red the more I like it, especially in person.

I also like the s2000 in the background with that personalised plate on it...

looks awesome, nice one. The more I see the sportback in red the more I like it, especially in person.I also like the s2000 in the background with that personalised plate on it...
Thanks mate I wasn't 100% on red at first but when I went to the garage to see it it soon grew on me. Love the s2000 ad it 4 years now and will never get fed up wiv it, blows the cobwebs off at the weekend lol

Very nice car.
I've been searching for a way to remove de S3 logo with the s-line one. Do you have some parts no for the parts needed.
Also if you have some closer pics
Thanks

Very nice car.
I've been searching for a way to remove de S3 logo with the s-line one. Do you have some parts no for the parts needed.
Also if you have some closer pics
Thanks

I'll av a look for the bag the badge came in as it had the part number on it

Will get a close up pic up for you too but will prob be Monday now as I'm away till then

Picked up my S3 skirts and door blades last weekend so will do a bit of a how to when fitting them,ive already had a dry run at them-removed the sline sill trims and fitted skirts,door blades and re-fitted the sline sill trims with absolutely no issues at all everything fits perfectly and looks totally oem:yahoo:just waiting for all the nuts/bolts from stoke audi to complete the fit.

heres a pic of them off the car,i'll post loads of pics up and a how to when all complete
skirt4.jpg

skirt3.jpg

skirt1.jpg

Reactions: sliced
Thank you for the close up pics.
If you can find the part number please post it here. thanks
Great job with the mods

Thank you for the close up pics.
If you can find the part number please post it here. thanks
Great job with the mods

Part number on the bag is 4FO8537362ZZZ

There was little plastic tabs on the back of badge to allow fitment to the s line grille which i just snapped off then stuck with double back sticky

chris

missed this one too! loads of new cars about ASN! looking forward to seeing S3 skirts finished!! :icon_thumright: