My rather slow progress thread

Not sure if you have zircotec available to u in 'straya, but i was in charge of the exhaust for the race car and it was sent to them to be done. Ours was done in their standard creamy kinda colour but they offer a full range of colours. They sell gold reflective sheeting for the intake which i'd probably be more inclined to go for, mainly because u may find urself changing parts of the intake system if not the whole thing itself. It'd be easier to recoat the intake in gold sheeting as opposed to ceramic coating.

Just to give u a rough idea about the 3.2 battery set up
VWVortex.com - DIY: Battery Replacement A3 3.2 Quattro

They make excellent products.....we used a lot of their sheeting around the hot side of the engine on mine,to shield things like the diff,and some of the piping runs.

I didn't coat any of the intake and to be honest,thanks to the WMI and ProAlloy intercooler,we don't have inlet temperature problems,and even under load it will sit a few degrees above ambient,prior to the WMI system.

It may well be a worthwhile addition if you didn't have all of that,for sure.

The rear battery well does have one other very good use.....the WMI pump is down there on my car!

They make excellent products.....we used a lot of their sheeting around the hot side of the engine on mine,to shield things like the diff,and some of the piping runs.

I didn't coat any of the intake and to be honest,thanks to the WMI and ProAlloy intercooler,we don't have inlet temperature problems,and even under load it will sit a few degrees above ambient,prior to the WMI system.

It may well be a worthwhile addition if you didn't have all of that,for sure.

The rear battery well does have one other very good use.....the WMI pump is down there on my car!

thats a solid setup on the 3.2 looks good :); as for zircotec i think we do ill definitely look into it, its a rational and logical choice to choose that as its 1- less coast then to coat it and recoat it , and its just easier to apply; massive thank you; would you use sheeting for the DP as the manifold would be hard and only option would be to coat it i would assume. i just wonder how heavy would 2 -3 odd meters of cables weigh to move the battery to the back 5-7kgs?

Zircotec Carbon Composite Ceramic and Metal Coatings

that is truly ****** impressive; hate to see the cost though the 8P3 conversion eating into the BT build budget hehe

thats a solid setup on the 3.2 looks good :); as for zircotec i think we do ill definitely look into it, its a rational and logical choice to choose that as its 1- less coast then to coat it and recoat it , and its just easier to apply; massive thank you; would you use sheeting for the DP as the manifold would be hard and only option would be to coat it i would assume. i just wonder how heavy would 2 -3 odd meters of cables weigh to move the battery to the back 5-7kgs?

that is truly ****** impressive; hate to see the cost though the 8P3 conversion eating into the BT build budget hehe

Hi Sevv,

I honestly wouldn't worry about a few kgs here or there,as you need to remove around 75kgs to gain 5% in power/weight.

The gold sheeting is heat reflective whereas the ceramic coating is heat retaining. For all hot side stuff i'd defo ceramic coat, all cold side i'd use gold sheeting, but only in the areas where it will be hot.

Again about the battery, consider your weight distribution; you may be adding a few kg's in cable but you're losing weight from the front and adding some to the back where theres not much weight at all. I'd of thought it would help with the handling.

So small update, car has been pulled apart, the crank is fine thankfully though the casing is a different matter has it has two holes in it thanks to Audi that bolt has done so much damage, unsure how it leaked from the casing but not the crank seal (go figure) doesnt makes sense to me though we inspected the crank today was fine.. thats all the matter, will be dropped off with the DP, exhaust manifold to be ceramic coated, and the gear will be rebuild i just hope the input shaft , gear etc.. are fine... and will fit the wavetrack LSD ARP bolts and new synchros and uprated selector fork.. so here are a few photos

not mention look at the carbon build up cylinder 1 -2 werent as bad as 3-4 unsure if you guys can see this but that can really cause trouble with our heads TDI or FSI...

20140321_174744_zps9hf91ljs.jpg

20140321_174457_zpsdaq6leah.jpg

20140321_174450_zpsppc5jzek.jpg

20140321_174335_zpslgh4vzcb.jpg

20140321_174328_zpsxj7qbepj.jpg

20140321_174320_zpsnaug1xr9.jpg

20140321_174300_zpsclxzjze0.jpg

20140321_174300_zpsclxzjze0.jpg

IMG_3875_zps0oa7ksi3.jpg

IMG_4643_zps4aeapgrd.jpg

20140321_192547_zpsk0detqoc.jpg

20140321_192553_zps9gzv7fi0.jpg

that is a polo gti, running a high flow K04 and a AGU bored out 2.0 ltr engine another project that has hogged the hoist at Euro Automotive

20140321_175311_zpsguoggwrx.jpg

Reactions: S3Alex
forgot to mention im hoping the plan is to get it back by the end of april or first week or may i hope... and after that given the finances arent too strained let the M12 facelift begin :) fingers crossed all will be well.

yes the loss is insurmountable; i have yet to know today in 20 mins whether the tuner will take the mods for the ridiculously low price tag ; if only we had AMD and British Technicians in this country. Alex thanks for your support as you have been the lonesome one on that front. i might still go to court over this issue but the workshop doesn't have money huh.

You know I wish you the very best of luck for that.

Unfortunately getting money back is as difficult as pulling teeth.

Really sorry to hear this must be heartbreaking!

All the very best with getting a result either way!

It might sound a bit farfetched. But given the fact u've spent as much as u have already. Would it not be worth shipping the car over here for someone to complete it?

small update.. car might be ready 2 weeks from now which is good the gearbox is finally been done 1 year later.... and waiting on the engine .. should be ready next week by friday.. engine builder has yet to pick up my new girdle..

i also got some leather interior to fit.. as try to fit the USP LPFP however ive ran into some trouble. the red clip hose and (creamy C-shaped plug also doesn't fit) i think its the suction pump.. here are a few picture hope some one can help me namely MR. Alex
20140501_141329_zpse4482884.jpg

20140501_144510_zps5037769a.jpg

these are the hoses/ clips... that won't fit .. now i can take that hose of the OEM pump and put it solving that issue I THINK?

20140501_144610_zps05a64cee.jpg

20140501_144617_zps57cbbc59.jpg

the girdle..

free of charge and free shipping very nice of IE.. also got a drill guide kit for the 06A tensioner and pump

IMG_9436_zps753eefe0.jpg

picture isnt too good as it was dark and couldn't car on work with only the cell phone light...

20140501_180214_zpsb1355416.jpg

the flywheel that has 6 instead of 8 bolts of Awesome GTI big thank you for Mike best service as usual which i could say that about workshops and businesses in australia

20140428_115432_zpsf30d2cda.jpg

the wreck as it stands gave it a wash clay and polish to keep that paint in good condition given its under the sun and rain for over a month... also found out my rear door on the drivers side as been dented and a big scuff mark its safe to say he will be footing the bill on that particularly $350+ 280 to blend it in

20140428_163829_zpsf6d9f91e.jpg

20140501_141332_zps4e958be7.jpg

Hi Sevv,

Yes....there are reported issues fitting the pump system you have there,and I think this is the correct thread on VAGOC.

RS3 Intank Fuel Pump - Page 2 | VAGOC.co.uk

What I have on mine is one of these....

USP Stage 3 auxiliary Low Pressure Fuel System

It's an auxiliary pump system used in tandem with the existing LPFP system,and as I understand it,from discussions with USP a while ago,the pump system in the S3 is good for around 440bhp before it starts to run out of flow,and that leaves two ways forward.

One is the auxiliary system I have,and the other,which you have,is a complete new pump with higher flow on it's own,but it does require an uprated PWM controller also.

The RS3 and RS6 pumps do have a few issues,and hopefully that thread will help.

great so a hassle in its own right i doubt the workshop will know how to fit this... and my old pump well he left outside for a few months under the elements so im pretty sure thats ****ed

Originally Posted by Nobber View Post
Well today I had a new RS3/TTRS in tank pump installed. So far it seems spot on with no issues.

This is however not a drop in solution for a 07 S3. 2 pipes/adapters had to be changed don't ask me which ones but the pumps are slightly different, but it was easy enough to do.
can you find out what needed to be changed? looking at doing this shortly.. this is basically what the problems i
ve been having

another post...

'' have installed this pump (rs3/TT-RS) and i have a problem.

when i pull the car for 3-4 times until rev limit... sometimes the car turn off. and i see in

the logs that low pressure fuel pump drops . Do you have an idea?!''

so basically this pump is junk i need to invest in another one.. ill have a word with USP as they said it would fit just fine

Alex thank you very much indeed for the link to the thread it basically affirmed my suspicions, the breather hoses need to be detached from the C-shaped clip and feed the black hose of the breather directly into the LPFP's basket.. and take the hose of the old OEM pump and hook it up to the RS3 pump and that should be sorted...

as for the PWM i think as it will be on a run in tune ill give it a go and try it with it and see if it cuts out at 3-4k RPM if not well thats a 549$ saving.. USP was great and solved the issue on the phone ASAP my phone bill wont like it but oh well a well spent 30mins to the US.

so big big thank you appreciate all the help mate.. i just cant wait to have her back its been so long i forgot how it feels like to be in the cabin and driving it , quite literally sad as the workshop owned the car longer than I HAVE! so im growing very impatient and frustrated waiting for it to be completed i hope in 2 weeks from today!

its just australians in general work in slow motion quite honestly.. they never have a sense of urgency..and they whinge too much like whores on crack lol quite hopeless.

neway the engine builder was supposed to pick up the girdle on friday as it arrived from IE on thursday however 'after saying he would show up on friday HE DIDNT!!!!!!' thats 5 stars right there for reliability... not to mention the workshop tells me you think you are more important than others; WELL YES I AM as i have paid for everything 7 months ago... pure arrogance; all the while others haven't paid a penny

Alex thank you very much indeed for the link to the thread it basically affirmed my suspicions, the breather hoses need to be detached from the C-shaped clip and feed the black hose of the breather directly into the LPFP's basket.. and take the hose of the old OEM pump and hook it up to the RS3 pump and that should be sorted...

as for the PWM i think as it will be on a run in tune ill give it a go and try it with it and see if it cuts out at 3-4k RPM if not well thats a 549$ saving.. USP was great and solved the issue on the phone ASAP my phone bill wont like it but oh well a well spent 30mins to the US.

so big big thank you appreciate all the help mate.. i just cant wait to have her back its been so long i forgot how it feels like to be in the cabin and driving it , quite literally sad as the workshop owned the car longer than I HAVE! so im growing very impatient and frustrated waiting for it to be completed i hope in 2 weeks from today!

its just australians in general work in slow motion quite honestly.. they never have a sense of urgency..and they whinge too much like whores on crack lol quite hopeless.

neway the engine builder was supposed to pick up the girdle on friday as it arrived from IE on thursday however 'after saying he would show up on friday HE DIDNT!!!!!!' thats 5 stars right there for reliability... not to mention the workshop tells me you think you are more important than others; WELL YES I AM as i have paid for everything 7 months ago... pure arrogance; all the while others haven't paid a penny

Hi there,

Really glad some of that helped!

I know what you mean re the frustration of waiting for stuff to happen,from when we(AMD and myself) were waiting for the pistons and rods.....every day was another delay,until the bits arrived nearly 2 months late.

USP were great with my build as well,and answered emails really quickly and sorted all of the problems straight off.
Really good guys.

Hi there,

Really glad some of that helped!

I know what you mean re the frustration of waiting for stuff to happen,from when we(AMD and myself) were waiting for the pistons and rods.....every day was another delay,until the bits arrived nearly 2 months late.

USP were great with my build as well,and answered emails really quickly and sorted all of the problems straight off.
Really good guys.

Oh they Are mate; good service and technical advice must say with Jesse, and Gregg. all the companies i've dealt with have been great if i'm honest from Awesome-gti to IE to USP and ECS.. can't say the same for the workshop and his engine/box builders... they have tested the very limit of my patience and tolerance i think it has surpassed the humanly possible threshold heh...

tiny update well the girdle according to the workshop was picked up by the engine builder; God knows if its true though as he sent me the message as i pulled up for the second time that day 80 miles of just pure running after him to push things along... though when i got there the gate was locked so come friday when i'm 'supposed' to get the engine back i will know whether 1- its been picked up and 2 if the engine is back so i get started on degreasing the engine bay for the second time and give it a wash...

ive also bought 50 meters of bubble wrap to wrap the car and protect it from any more damage that he has already caused.

update... engine and box are back.. with some pictures along side.. i also went ahead and put the coilovers on sway bar control arms balls joints.. which i paid for to be done by the indie.. and did myself in 4 hrs... with the help off a good friend... until the rear sub-frame got dropped on my head silly me.. so any know the workshop is assembling the head and block which is already taken 2 DAYS!!! no result yet only cams are in.. im hoping to receive the 'curse' on friday.. i think thats its new name haha.. the unbearable trouble this has caused...

though i have a problem the flimsy black plastic baffle tray thats sits on 06A blocks between the oil pump and the sump so ill be running WITHOUT one until i figure out how to fit one as i got the girdle in the way..

sway bar...

20140520_115043_zps9a4649d1.jpg

the box...

20140513_151057_zps2faa4441.jpg

Block....

20140520_112825_zpsb34bb303.jpg

Head and sump...

20140520_114842_zps03185368.jpg

20140520_125643_zps3fac1e98.jpg

Cleaned the engine bay again.... was so clean you could rub your hand around and have no grease or black dust.. :D

20140513_151126_zpsb10fcd6c.jpg

Rear Shocks...

20140520_115022_zps5e1ec11d.jpg

Control Arms...

20140520_114913_zps99c132bc.jpg

Better Pic of the leather seats i

20140505_102606_zps5bff67da.jpg

Verrryy nice indeed.

Someone has been busy with the spanners.

Excellent update and good lcuk with the work.

Yes have been never done this before so was proud of myself todo it .. I must say if I can do it anyone can its easy.. but im just worried about the baffle playenif I run without one inrisk starving the engine of oil and we all know what happens next

hello again been a while since ive been on needed a breather from all this so updates are as you can see turbo engine and engine full assembled and just needs to be put in the bay.

the transmission shop i've used Smith Diff & Gear might or seem to have bodged up a A4 1.8T quattro wagon which leaves me at a loss if i will have the same problem so im hoping not.

To Do
fit a baffle plate of a 06A engine
get a Custom alloy discharge pipe running to the turbo IC and turbo inlet.
Weld and plum the screamer pipe running of the waste gate to the exhaust so i save myself 15K of a potential fine...

also got the whole front end all new parts as i couldnt source used ones which hurt the wallet BIG TIME! i still need the Bonnet and unsure whether i need the xenon level and central electrics unit which i hope i wont. maybe some one may shed some light on this matter.. i got these P/N off PH1Ls' thread..

Central electrics unit – P/N 8P0 907 279 K
Xenon Leveller unit - P/N 4L0 907 357

what is left basically is the coolant hoses, alternator AC compressor thermo housing and oil filter housing/cooler of the 06A
Prop shaft and Drive shafts along with the inlet manifold injectors and the autotech HPFP.. and the car should be ready finally i hope...

20140708_160930_zpsb49f6744.jpg

20140708_160943_zpsc60ca9f7.jpg

20140708_160951_zpscf8df716.jpg

20140708_175755_zps816fa21b.jpg

car how its stands as of today.. all i can say is Euro Automotive is the worst workshop anyone in Sydney can go to with shocking he wants another 6 month to finish the vehicle.... which leaves me no where .

i should but here is a very VERY tiny extract of his superb customer service for a CLIENT that has been waiting almost 15 months!!!!!!!!!!

and plowed 33,000$ into nothing

20140720_142316_zpsxtgsswj4.jpg

some of the Bullshi*t i deal with.... 15 months later and the bill fully paid...

Screenshot_2014-07-23-19-22-30_zpsv7i5ze4c.png

UPDATE!

so after a few months the Beast HAS AWAKENED!!!!

im thrilled as this means i finally get her back if everything goes well logging her up and down the street goes according to plan...

some bits i had to do ...

custom 3" throttle body with MAP sensor... as the oil filter/ housing is literally 1cm away from the radiator fans...

had to fabricate a hot side from the turbo to the IC

get a Golf R MAP and fuel pressure rail sensor..

4" CAI custom pipe to scale the MAF

the numpty truck driver closed the bonnet and the cable attached the lever inside the car wouldnt work as it was detached... had to pull the front end off and do it myself as both workshops wasted 3hrs to no avail.. who knows.. got that sorted in 20mins after a good 1.5hrs drive

welded the screamer pipe.. and got the exhaust to go 3"all the way to the back box and sorted out gaskets that the CTS kit didnt come with

had an oil leak on first start up and the oil feed to the turbo which got sorted...

as it stands waiting on a boost tap from CTS (as it doesnt come with the kit mind you its a 6K$$ kit ****** useless if you ask me only used the turbo manifold DP of their kit everything else had to be custom made...) "BOLT ON MY *** id say to any RHD supposed kit"

got the wheels on with some michelin super sports at 180AUD a corner was a bargain for a 2014 manufactured tire..

TO DO: hopefully by monday or wednesday..

tighten the head bolts as its only had its first 30mins start which checked out fine...
wire the O2 sensor and plump the wastegate ... and tighten the exhaust and thats that off to getting logged and me finally driving the damn thing

anyways here are a few pictures....

20140805_164553_zpsa390db49.jpg

20140814_220526_zps60c351ec.jpg

20140814_220502_zpsdf6f66a5.jpg

244566dc-dae1-40bb-bf6a-369d3de584de_zps575b8ab6.jpg

20140805_162144_zpsqgctgb2h.jpg

IMG-20140814-WA0000_zpsqhgds9xp.jpg

Reactions: S.