My project/money drain.

I love the instrumentation's white background.

Reactions: Reedler18
Update.
Beefed up manifold is on. The old one was so thin on the middle of the main flange that it's pushed everything out by about 5mm. This has made the downpipe not quite line up with the turbo giving me a marginally better sounding exhaust, but essentially it's still blowing........
I have a new 5 bolt flange and some bits of pipe ready to get fabricating. I noticed they sell a 2.5inch-3inch v band adapter (pic below) but wondered if they were any good? Never used v band but seems like it would take some aligning headaches away from the job somewhat. My problem is the angle of the homemade downpipe stops me from getting 2 of the 5 bolts in to the turbo (red arrow)
Also my drivers window wouldn't close this morning. The motor was clicking but then it would give up as if something was stopping it moving. Could this be the common regulator problem??? I took the door card off eventually and applied some pressure from underneath and it went.
Cheers. Si.
20171004 111852
20170908 173755
20171004 110644
ATP FLS 021 450

never heard of a regulator issue on the B5, their windows just work. Sounds like it was just stuck somehow. If the motor thinks theres an obstruction it stops trying.

The manifold flange looks like it has been seriously warped, and someones buffed it flat to get it to seal. As we discussed before, these manifolds are junk, and you will have continuous issues with them.

If you really want to keep this setup going, i would be looking at a PSI Concepts cast manifold.