My poor car, Too many things broke in 1 month

WKDLAD

Reaction score
Okay guys here is a list with all the parts i have just had to buy for my 2001 audi s3 130,000 miles on it. ( APR Remap )
ALL PARTS REPLACED WITH GENUINE AUDI PARTS:

1, New clutch pedal (due to seized master cylinder)
2, New clutch master cylinder (seized)
3, NewWater pump, also replaced timing belt and tensioner. (water pump broke, over heated and cracked cylinder head)
4, New Engine mount, drivers side (had a small crack in it)
5, New Cylinder head with new valves and springs( had a crack between cylinder 3 and 4)
6, New Turbo ( bearing collapsed)
7, New Turbo manifold (cracked)
8, New oil feed to turbo
9, New oil pump (1 hole was threaded)
10, New oil pick up pipe at bottom of sump (was very worn)
11, New clutch (very worn)
12, Gear box recon ( needed new 1,2 gears and also clips and selector forks.
13, New rear wiper motor (leaked)
14, New track rod ends (worn)
15, New bushes on front end (worn)
16, 2nd hand front Light (ignitor pack went and was cheaper to buy the whole light of ebay)
17, Road tax for the year

And all this happened 6weeks before Christmas!!!!

These are the parts so far. The engine is back in my car and is running like a dream, Just need the Wheels/drive shafts and front bumper puttin back on now.
All work was carried out by an Audi technician who is qualified to work on the R8 too. Work was done on sundays and on my driveway so has taken well over 6weeks to sort out.
I have spent £2500 on the parts (I got discount on all parts because my mate works at audi)
I have not been given his labour rate yet but would expect him to charge around the £600-£800.

omg £2500 on parts i would of just bought another S3 ..

:scared2:

Hi ,

By the way how much did you buy your s3 for ?

WOW, that is a hell of a lot of things to go wrong, so sorry to hear about all this.. Im going through the same thing. loads of stuff wrong with mine too only had it a week. have all these things gone wrong at the same time?? or did things get progressivly worse over time??

These can be picked up for a good price . But for all that to go wrong even is crazy i got mine for a good price and i havent had much if i had that much i would just scrap it or sell and get another one ...

I have had the car for 3 years. I bought it of my friend who works at Audi, it came in on a trade in and he bought it for £5000. He then found out that he could not get insured on the thing so i bought it off him. They more or less went wrong at the same time. The gearbox was my fault, trying to drive the car home with no clutch!!! Why the engine was out and stripped i replaced other parts for safe measures.
I love my S3 so dont mind spending the money and yeah i could of bought another S3 but who says i wont have the same problems again? Although i am saving up for a new S3 at the moment :)

I assume the car cost you almost nothing, as they can be had with high mileage for around 5k ish

For a good reason, they won't be in the best condition.

I would like to assume after having spent over £3k on the car it will now be good for at least a couple of years apart from servicing and wear and tear parts.

OUCH! A £2500 bill just before Xmas with further Labour charges to come.... fixing it all for the long run though, so I guess you'll be keeping the car for a few more years at least! Then an 8P S3 will be worth the wait. :racer:

Well if you plan on keeping the car for a while it's good money well spent i think. If it breaks-fix it! Nice one.

Think i will just keep it for another 6 months then will start to look at getting an 8P S3 of here.
I just want my car to be perfect. I have even got the interior out of a crashed 02reg S3 (45,000 miles) and swapped it for mine+£100. Just bought some 18" alloys, the same as Redhot006. Oh and a pair of PHILIPS 6000K Ultinon D2S bulbs which cost £130
Happy days (although my bank account may disagree)

WOW!, spending so much and moving it on in 6months is like throwing money into the Sea, suppose money can buy you happiness... even though it's only short term.

£2500 on parts is cheap, i have a recipet in my paper work for a cylinder head and valves plus fitting and that came to £2300 alone, work was carried out by audi.