My old Avant

BarLyn

Reaction score
Just curious as to whether anyone on here has bought my old silver 57 plate A4 Avant TDi 170 Quattro S-line Special Edition? I traded it in at Guildford Audi at the beginning of August, and see that it is taxed already.

Not sure if it's the done thing to post the registration number, but if it helps, it had 18" twin 7-spokes refurbished in black.

Why. Old car. Move on

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: IamCerberus
Because, being a decent human being, I'd like to tell them that the balance shaft was replaced, therefore saving them a load of money if they were to replace it proactively. I kinda thought this place was a community of Audi enthusiasts, helping each other out. Maybe I was wrong?

Reactions: ANDY2.0, mister.c. and ryanm8655
You're not wrong. Was just establishing the reason behind this post...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I can't believe that I am the only one on here, who spends time and money on a car (that you ultimately have to sell on or scrap) that is interested to know what happened to it once you've sold it on? ***

Reactions: ryanm8655
I live in the area, if I see it i’ll Let the owner know .
Pm me the Reg number or better still ask Audi Guildford to forward the info on.

Last edited:
I can't believe that I am the only one on here, who spends time and money on a car (that you ultimately have to sell on or scrap) that is interested to know what happened to it once you've sold it on? ***

You're not the only one.
I wonder if Audi Guildford simply took the car to auction or maybe sold it on to another trader - I would guess that a B7 would be too old for a stealership to put on their forecourt.

You're not alone, I love knowing where my old cars have ended up.

I've been chasing a mk2 golf for a couple of years now which has been sorn, waiting to see it emerge an absolute gem (hopefully)

We spend lots of hours looking after, modifying and spending money our "pride and joy" I get it completely.

I wish the old owner of mine would do this because I have no idea if my 170 has had the balance shaft replaced and I bought this car without knowing about this common problem so I live in hope...

Unfortunately I bought it thinking, "ah, that won't happen to me" - of course it went and took the turbo with it. But then it 25,000 trouble-free miles before I traded it in.

Guildford Audi did say it would be auctioned, although it seemed to be re-registered really quickly. Don't know if this is usual or not. My suspicion is that maybe a junior member of staff bought it, to "buy into the brand" so to speak.

Unfortunately I bought it thinking, "ah, that won't happen to me" - of course it went and took the turbo with it. But then it 25,000 trouble-free miles before I traded it in.

Guildford Audi did say it would be auctioned, although it seemed to be re-registered really quickly. Don't know if this is usual or not. My suspicion is that maybe a junior member of staff bought it, to "buy into the brand" so to speak.

Some traders have arrangements with dealers to buy their px cars, may have been picked up that way.

You're not alone, I love knowing where my old cars have ended up.

I've been chasing a mk2 golf for a couple of years now which has been sorn, waiting to see it emerge an absolute gem (hopefully)

We spend lots of hours looking after, modifying and spending money our "pride and joy" I get it completely.

I wish the old owner of mine would do this because I have no idea if my 170 has had the balance shaft replaced and I bought this car without knowing about this common problem so I live in hope...

Yeah my old Audi would not go to sleep and it constantly over heated