My next new project has begun...

Charlie Farley

Chilling out.
Staff member
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all.
So my next project has now begun :yahoo:, should be a good one aswell and long overdue .
Won't go into to much detail just yet but hopefully it should be all done by the end of march.
So watch this space ..:icon thumright:

On another note I'm parting company with my LCR splitter and Genuine RS4 grille so keep an eye on the classified in the next few weeks .

Happy days.:yes:

Reactions: Jcbmally, daytonamart and Sandra
Is it Petrol only project?

Still could be tempted by the grill. Though would prefer a black one

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Nope , it would be well suited to any B7 variant.

Reactions: tr7
Looking forward to hearing all about your project Rob. :rulez: Are there must be pics :blahblah1:

I’ll have a guess......

Carbon clean of inlet valves then adding WMI to get you over the 300bhp threshold?

Sadly this part of the project doesn't help with BHP, well not directly anyway..lol

Made a start today and plan "A" will work out as i hoped it would, glad i kept these little bits.

Rs4x

Reactions: Dan_Avant, GDCAUDIA4B7, Sandra and 1 other person
part 1 is a set of these which i ordered on friday.
Getting back to a close match to the oe ronal's but a bit better.:icon thumright:

Upload 2021 2 15 19 33 46

Reactions: Jcbmally, Dan_Avant and Jamsmoo
Part 2 is fitting this lovely part to the old bus, well after a session at the painters that is, love the colour it is, shame I have black bus...

Dtmr1

Reactions: Jcbmally, Pie-eyedpiper, tr7 and 4 others
Going to utilize the RS4 foglamp covers in it for a little aesthetic twist.:icon thumright:

Reactions: Jcbmally
And part 3, well you'll just have to wait for that bit.....:yes:

Well a genuine RS4 grille won't fit in a DTM bumper and those look suspiciously like fogs for said bumper...

And some similarish looking wheels too

I knew someone would get it ...lol

The OE rs4 foglamp covers came with the rs4 satin silver grille, so a freebie really, not 100% sure they are a straight retro fit into the DTM aperture but worth a go.
I had to go with the OZ rims , i used to like the ronals that were OE fitment on my bus but the oz rims just go to the next level in size and style.

Reactions: AvantAlexB7
Sometimes that is all it needs, just ask the question "Wanted" .:yahoo:

Reactions: AvantAlexB7 and GDCAUDIA4B7
Looking forward to seeing this come together mate.

Love the Oz’ds as well!

Im looking for a set of lightened alloys in the same style and offset etc as the ronals if you have any suggestions?

Need to fit the new bilsteins all round that came last month as well, but that's another project for another day..:icon thumright::yes:

Reactions: boffin486
Think its obvious what's going on hear with the dtm front bumper and style of the oz's, clearly a dtm avant in the making, just need to retro fit the rear bumper get rid of those exhaust tips and your have a special bus there Rob, shame its black and hides all the lines in the bumper, might as well repaint it red at same time you know its the best colour lol...

I did see someone selling a full dtm recaro interior somewhere ill try find the link was only like £500 if i remember right.

I’ve often thought how good a DTM avant would look.

Looking forward to seeing this take shape!

In someways in black it does give nice lines at differing angle and light.
Sometimes the rear arches look really wide when viewed from just to the rear left , Red would be nice and is my fav colour but black has its bonus points too.:yes:

Sorry Ricky , exhaust tips are here to stay , the rear OE S4 valance is going for something a bit more in keeping with the new project.:thumbs up:

In someways in black it does give nice lines at differing angle and light.
Sometimes the rear arches look really wide when viewed from just to the rear left , Red would be nice and is my fav colour but black has its bonus points too.:yes:

Sorry Ricky , exhaust tips are here to stay , the rear OE S4 valance is going for something a bit more in keeping with the new project.:thumbs up:
My favourite valance is tough choice between the rs4 with the ovals and the dtm with 4" slash cut they both fit perfect with the shape of the valance, one down side to the stock s line one is its such an awkward shape to get the exhaust tips to flow with the shape of the panel.

Totally forgot I’ve got this in my loft.

Think I’ll be fiddling with my rear end soon :whistle2:

Attachments

• 1356BAAD-6E6D-4D75-8EAE-17F8B125E94D.jpeg
    1356BAAD-6E6D-4D75-8EAE-17F8B125E94D.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 97
Reactions: WOMBLERULZ and Charlie Farley
Think its obvious what's going on hear with the dtm front bumper and style of the oz's, clearly a dtm avant in the making, just need to retro fit the rear bumper get rid of those exhaust tips and your have a special bus there Rob, shame its black and hides all the lines in the bumper, might as well repaint it red at same time you know its the best colour lol...

I did see someone selling a full dtm recaro interior somewhere ill try find the link was only like £500 if i remember right.

I wasn't really looking to make a DTM avant , I just felt I'd experiment with some of the parts from other variants and see how it turns out.
The DTM bumper is very nice looking part and suits all of the B7 variants but looks a nice change on the avants.
Been down the RS4 style for the A4 and it didn't workout well hence another go at the DTM item
I suppose you could call my old bus a very special Edition as it has some of the best parts from the other models.
I have the full s4 recaros in black leather which works well , the DTM items are nice but i find the s4 ones work best for me.
Still it is a 3 part project so a way to go yet with some other bits to change..

rob

The larger diameter dual outlets on an avant give the back end view a slightly wider stance look which i prefer hence why they are staying.

Reactions: WOMBLERULZ
I wasn't really looking to make a DTM avant , I just felt I'd experiment with some of the parts from other variants and see how it turns out.
The DTM bumper is very nice looking part and suits all of the B7 variants but looks a nice change on the avants.
Been down the RS4 style for the A4 and it didn't workout well hence another go at the DTM item
I suppose you could call my old bus a very special Edition as it has some of the best parts from the other models.
I have the full s4 recaros in black leather which works well , the DTM items are nice but i find the s4 ones work best for me.
Still it is a 3 part project so a way to go yet with some other bits to change..

rob
Either way should turn out one of a kind and sure it will look awesome Rob, I'm really not a fan of anything RS "style" or anything copying of the flagship models on any manufacture in general but fact you cant buy a dtm avant that's something that would look brilliant if you was to go down that route, looking forward to seeing the end result matey