My next new project has begun...

Defo go for the rings!
Just looks odd without them in my op, everytime I see any model Audi without the rings I always think the car just looks odd :crying:

Reactions: Charlie Farley
Having spent way too much time comparing silver and black surround on all colour buses , rings or no rings etc , I've settled on a high gloss black surround with the original matt black mesh and a decent set of chrome rings, worse case if i don't like it then i will just get another surround. :yes:

Reactions: Dan_Avant
Well had to bite the bullet this evening and order a pair of grille covers for the bumper, bonkers at £100 for the pair but still better than botching something else.
I may still try and sort the foglamps out at a later date but for now they will have to be ommited.

Unless i can source a set of these.

given i have just ordered a set of dtm ones Ricky that will be the format unless something else better or an alternative appears on the horizon. :yes:

Dammam Rob, the old bus is gonna look so good with that DTM bummper.
Are ya gonna get the back one as well?
Ps.... Know there would be wheels involved one way or another :courage:

Hi Rob, I'm old school (as you know) so I like chrome - especially on a black car - You DEFINITELY need a Chrome grille surround, black grille, chrome Audi Rings & the Numberplate Bar (black of course) for the best effect! In this case, MORE is good!! :icon thumright:

So a bit further on, well not much but I've a plan for the grille surround.
Satin silver is nice but so is gloss black, side by side they are both a worthy choice but I'm going to go with black to start with.
The paint guys are spraying the bumper on Tuesday so I've asked them to do the grille surround and number plate cover in brilliant black aswell, that way it sort of blends in.
Black seems to give a totally different appearance, softer than the in your face satin silver.
If I don't like it then I'll buy a new grille with a satin silver surround as they are a fraction of the cost of rs4 items and still cheaper than getting the surround repainted.
Chrome rings are a must.
I've sorted the new rear bumper diffuser aswell.

so a bit more progress, but still a bit to do yet.

Arob3

Reactions: daytonamart, Dan_Avant and AvantAlexB7
The bodyshop guys are going to trim the rear lip down and properly fit this diffuser , I'll still be using my quad tips.
I'd do it myself but it would not turn out as good, and i'd hate to mess up this carbon item, it will look so much better as a flush fitting , none of this poking out stuff...
Arob4

Reactions: Dan_Avant, AvantAlexB7 and boffin486
Curious as too wether if these are still available.
If they are oe parts from the US version special S4 variant,
I can't for the life of me find the correct part number, I have a few but they just show up as s-line covers.

can anyone shed a light on the correct part numbers for L&R?

cheers
rob

Last edited:
What has come to mind is this.
So as we know the DTM was never offered with or fitted with the front bumper foglamp setup, but the US limited edition Audi S4 B7 25 Quattro which also utilizes the DTM bumper did it have the foglamp option fitted, this suggest to me that the foglamp setup is the same on both the s-line s4 and the US limited edition S4 , so the foglamp fitting must be the same or at least fit the same way.
So if the DTM bumper was fitted to 2 differing variants then it isn't really a DTM bumper as such .

Last edited:
seems they are the same vents on both DTM and US S4 , even though i have found 3 differing sets of part numbers for foglamp covers for DTM / S4 US and S-line.

I'll get to the bottom of this.

Right, got it figured out now. :yahoo:

I hate parts databases sometimes.

I haven't been on this forum for at least a month and figured you'd have a few pics of the car done Rob what's happened mate?

I haven't been on this forum for at least a month and figured you'd have a few pics of the car done Rob what's happened mate?
I am trying to get my MK1 TT project finished so not to report on the b7 front at the moment, and as per 99.9% of audi projects it has become a labour of love and a bottomless pit of expense, still i think it will be worth it...

I don't know if you are still doing this Rob but looks like you can't get them in the US any longerView attachment 237926
Thanks for that Carl, I have aborted the DTM bumper part of the project now in favour of another option which will for me be a much better end result, the only downside is having to wait weeks for it to be shipped over from the states, snail's pace comes to mind..lol
Still it will be worth the wait.

Reactions: carlcall
Thanks for that Carl, I have aborted the DTM bumper part of the project now in favour of another option which will for me be a much better end result, the only downside is having to wait weeks for it to be shipped over from the states, snail's pace comes to mind..lol
Still it will be worth the wait.
Hi Rob, new to the forum here but found this post interesting. I dont suppose you still have the DTM bumper and would sell it if you haven't already? Heres mine :)

Attachments

• 20210812_071636.jpg
    20210812_071636.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71