My new toys

'Kin ell I'm wasted!

Good to meet you all and look forward to the next one. Cheers for the comments guys re the colour (and gals re my knob
wink.gif
) but I hope this doesn't persuade you all to suddenly go LSB crazy ... I like the exclusivity
wink.gif
!!!!

Cheers folks
grin.gif

Elliot

[ 05 June 2002, 08:28: Message changed or edited by: Elliot ]

thought id take a pic of my new toys, front discs and pads are on but problem with rear ones (damaged) means ill have to wait a bit longer for them.

and for you rich, this is what i meant by what my pipercross inductionm kit has done, the silver half circle is bottom of induction kit, the silver bit on the black plastic is where it has scratched

sorry for all the pics, got a new digicam so i thought id test it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Stuart - Obviously you'll still be running those new brakes in at the moment. But when ran I'd be grateful to hear what you think of them.
I'm defo gonna change the front brakes I just dont know what to as yet, still making my mind up.
Cheers

yes mate still running them in, ill let you know what i think as soon as they are run in but i have to say it makes a really wierd noise but they look great behind the wheels

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Unless the S3 won't run with a dump valve, where the A3 will?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason why it should be different, the systems are closed loop full stop. I believe performance will suffer even if no fault codes are logged.

Nice pics Stuart and the cars looking good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bingo said:
hi all
dont bother with ebc green stuff pads as i tried them once and they were useless and were worn out in a little over a month.
I would certainly recomend ferrodo ds 2500 pads, have these fitted to my s3 and the brakes are now very good with no fade etc.these pads are now recomended by AP racing for thier brake kits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely disagree with you I have EBC greenstuffs on my A3T and have no problems with wear or braking effieciency! And don't tell me I don't drive my car.....because I do, as some will testify. I have had only a minor problem where by the lining came away from the backing plate after 6 months, but this is being resolved today with free replacement pads ofr the front and the rears being inspected. I know there are also many S3's running greenstuffs without any problems and I'm sure Glen (Ess_Three) would strongly disagree with your statement.

I'm not saying you may not of had a bad experience, but the general opinion is they do they job and do it well.

Afraid I agree with Gambba, I had them on my old 306 pug, (I know it's not an Audi!!) the original pads lasted about 25k miles & the Greenstuff was changed after 50 - 55k miles!!
They made a major difference on the pug & as soon as the pads & discs start wearing down on the S3, they will be straight on!!

[ QUOTE ]
bingo said:
dont bother with ebc green stuff pads as i tried them once and they were useless and were worn out in a little over a month.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd very strongly dissagree.
I have had Greens on my S3 for well over 2 years, driven hard over 13000 miles and the pads were inspected about a month ago and still have well over half their life left.

They are not harsh on discs, not overly noisy nor are they expensive.

I have been using them for years now, over 4 cars...all show the same wear patterns. No problems at all.

[ QUOTE ]

I would certainly recomend ferrodo ds 2500 pads, have these fitted to my s3 and the brakes are now very good with no fade etc.these pads are now recomended by AP racing for thier brake kits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DS2500s are also good pads...a lot messier than Greens in terms of dust...but in my experience they don't prevent fade any more than the EBC greens do...you'll still boil the fluid!

I have to say now the brakes are run in im more than happy with the performance of them and the rear discs are now on their way to me so i shall soon have a full set and i think they look lovely behind my wheels. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif
Regarding the dump valve, i admit it does seem a bit 'Max Power' but i love the sound and still have a bailey recirc DV and all the original pipe work. Therefore if i needed the performance for a trip to the pod i could quite easily swap them over. Performance wise, it lags a little more but it holds boost fine. Peaks at 16psi and drops to 14/15psi which im quite happy with. It seemed to grab the attention of other VAG owners at southend too, like a bloke with a seat Cupra and adjturbo who i met down there too. Overall, im really happy with the way its coming along and thanks for all the comments people. Ill post a few more pics when i get the induction kit from Richard and have got the rear discs on.

i think ebc may have updated there pads in the last year or so.

i had their pads a few years ago on a fiat punto sporting and they were way too soft. would get really hot, and smell - and thats with mild driving. once got sparks off them during 'testing'. they didn't fade though...but didn't last long at all.

i bet 'bingo' had his a few years back as well, and that they've changed them recently..which is why you guys rave about them. personally, i hated them so much then, i wouldn't give them a secind chance..i'll stick to my pagid's.

if i had a turbo car, i think i would go for a relatively quiet dump valve (just for the sound), if there is such a thing, but not if it was gonna cost me performance.

Hey Stuart, scale down those images, even on broadband they take valuable seconds to appear, god knows what they must be like on analogue. Like the look of those discs.