My new toy.

Sounds good, let me know what the coil overs are like when you get them in please. I know I have a c5 but should give me an idea.

Yeah will do mate! They are a 4-6 week order, I've gone for the alloy body ones! I've read good things about them so fingers crossed they live up to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Samuel c5 Q
So, my steering wheel has arrived! Really pleased with it!
I'll try and fit it one night next week!
7773ff902aa304e09a504fca286970b6.png

Reactions: DieselJake and Samuel c5 Q
So won a new Y pipe on eBay that was already carbon hydro dipped, when it arrived today gave it another coat of lacquer before I fit it!

d97568bfc299088021cff2ce547d97fb.jpg

d8c528a2ec0f19e9a496549aff7b00ea.jpg

Looks sweet .

Thanks mate, it's nice cause it's even got a sort of gold fleck like real carbon! Should be putting everything on next week, having a few days off work to get it all done! I've collected quite a few bits over the last few weeks

So the boot has been slowly filling up and I'm having a few days off this week to fit it all! So all going well this time next week it'll be doing well!
614603952461fec0a5e2debb203cede8.jpg

All new front arms
H&R alloy monotube coilovers
Genuine cambelt water pump etc
Genuine rocker gaskets
Short shift
New stainless exhaust system
New toyo t1r tyre
Refurbed Avus wheels
New clear side repeaters
New genuine RS4 grille
New Y pipe
New genuine header tank
New genuine f&r top mount bushes
Genuine full service kit

I've already replaced the MAF, EGT boards, new genuine diverted valves etc so fingers crossed it should drive really well when it's done!

So after a busy day made good progress! Cambelt etc all fitted, rocker covers done, exhaust all fitted and lined up, not a bad system for the money to be fair, coilovers and arms all fitted to along with my Y pipe!

963a65502e3cebbb96cf693b96f18c82.jpg

5816b06580e60c253c87d04d4ca42474.jpg

How are you finding the h&r's Gregg. They really suited my S4 avant. Handled the rough stuff well and great manners in the twisty bits.

How are you finding the h&r's Gregg. They really suited my S4 avant. Handled the rough stuff well and great manners in the twisty bits.

Not sure yet mate I'll tell you tomorrow! Still doing the rest of the work at the mo! Ready for a good bank holiday outing!

Got the exhaust on and lined up! Very impressed for the money!
IMG 0773

Steering wheel and wheels all fitted and back on the floor! Front end needs to come a little more but letting it all settle first!

46ad375d700b6319dbbfcd8552a2ced3.jpg

1223931e684ae4d739fa622f2c162f5f.jpg

8e12b881bffa725e1f4b0d96bb752c91.jpg

I wouldn't take it any lower than that. It might spoil your back road fun.

So got the car all cleaned today and went for a good drive! So far so good and here is how it looks at the minute!
d109e8584c1eed6d6c62bc2223f8405d.jpg

4d898b323969f89fbc30e743840eeac1.jpg

f7f5d484fffed6fa056598fb92cf022e.jpg

Reactions: Browett1982
Looking good. Does it get the much coveted "Magic Carpet" award?

My mk1 jetta had it. Soaked up the bumps nicely and held nice and level through the corners.

Looking good. Does it get the much coveted "Magic Carpet" award?

My mk1 jetta had it. Soaked up the bumps nicely and held nice and level through the corners.

Yeah it does mate I'm very impressed, they were worth the money to be fair, but I'm trying to only fit good stuff if I can where the wallet allows!
I do think it needs a new N75 valve though! Boost can be a bit erratic at times!

So my mirrors arrived yesterday, gave them a polish and got them fitted! When I paint the car I'll have them ceramic ball polished again!
Genuine Audi billet aluminium! Love them

ee9cb425db5076b6afbf58f19f2a9b8a.jpg

Brush them then lacquer them to stop the oxidization happening.

The swirl effect.

A light tint all round would look good on that Greg i think.

Reactions: Greg-S3
I just dislike chrome/bling.

Mine had the brushed alloy roof rails, those came off and black ones went on.

They're also a thief magnet.

You can get the scotch pads on discs for your grinder assuming you have one. That would save some time. Then autosol and a buffing wheel. Shame on me, I can remember what tool creates the swirl effect. I know it's placed on the surface and twisted and then lifted and moved to a knew section the placed and twisted then repeated until the whole surface I done.

I just dislike chrome/bling.

Mine had the brushed alloy roof rails, those came off and black ones went on.

They're also a thief magnet.

B5 is old hat mate! Theif's aren't nicking stuff of these anymore, certainly not my way anyway! Most kids don't even know what they are anymore!

You can get the scotch pads on discs for your grinder assuming you have one. That would save some time. Then autosol and a buffing wheel. Shame on me, I can remember what tool creates the swirl effect. I know it's placed on the surface and twisted and then lifted and moved to a knew section the placed and twisted then repeated until the whole surface I done.

I've got it all dude, I work at a body shop

You're elected then, sweet. Cheers for the update on the h and r's.

Reactions: Greg-S3
Greg can you get back to me please pal, i have emailed, text and pm'd you numerous times, i dont want the MAF now mate i just want the money sent back if you dont mind. I had already got hold of a MAF before i sent you the money but i didnt want to let you down so i sent it anyway and planned on keeping it as a spare, been almost 2 weeks now mate.

Greg can you get back to me please pal, i have emailed, text and pm'd you numerous times, i dont want the MAF now mate i just want the money sent back if you dont mind. I had already got hold of a MAF before i sent you the money but i didnt want to let you down so i sent it anyway and planned on keeping it as a spare, been almost 2 weeks now mate.

Yes mate I've replied sent you my phone number, give me a call

Greg. Have phoned and text you pal. No answer. Can you sort that refund please. Been a month now mate :-(

RS4 turbos on a stock map isnt a good idea! the standard injectors just cant flow enough fuel and you risk melting things...

With some injectors, and a decent tune, you;ll see high 300's. Add Downpipes and an exhaust and you'll see 400-450ish depending on what other bits it has.

Just out of interest, why do you say that? Surely the n75 will control boost to standard spec? My guess is it'll be a little more laggy and then just keep up with requested to redline?

Then surely you have failsafes like overboost sensing and switching it too limp mode?

Because a bigger turbo flows more air for the same boost pressure.

So yea, it'll happily supply the standard boost pressure, but be flowing more air in the process. The MAF will ofcourse measure this extra air and attempt to fuel for it, but if you run out of injector theres nothing else it can do and you go lean...

But surely the limiting factor is the pipework in the rest of the system, I understand the turbos can produce more flow under pressure but the engine still only flows the same volume as before and that is where the pressure is created isn't it?