My new toy

valentn

Reaction score
So, here she is, requires plenty of TLC but pics first, .....................................................................Mods...Coilovers...RS Alloys....S4 Interior...Goodies....Hybrid TurboChipFull Exhaust System Other stuff and it does shiftNow the work1 - Car only get to 65*C so i think its either stat or sensor, fan comes on when i first switch the car on and air never is really hot so probs be changing both2 - bit of hunting when idling and a little lumpy also in gear when accelerting intermittent a little lumpy, not sure but looking for vaccum leaks, clean throttle body etc.3 - knocking nearside rear, going to get under the car and look4 - jolt when engaging gear, especially second, not always so again need to look at mounts5 - bodywork needs tlc as does interiorany help and comments always appreciated

Last edited:
Looks tidy enough mate and leather too :) Personally I would swap the grill for an RS4 or S4 item as the mesh looks a bit Halfords/Rippspeed and the spoiler is crying out to be colour coded to the car.

Looks pretty tidy for a N Reg !!I agree with oranoco on the grill but wont pick at things as its a personal opinion !!What you got planned for it ??

Thanks guysI am planning on basic things first. Meaning sorting the temp issue out. Etc.Not sure after that. If i need more speed i have a more aggressive chip that i was given with the car for higher performance but poorer drivability. Atm there is plenty of bodywork and other stuff to keep my busy. I will update new pocs over the weekend of progress

It'll be the thermostat. If you want to prove it before spending any money, drive the car around for 10mins so its warm, then park up and leave it idling for 5-10mins. If the temp rises while parked, then its almost certainly the thermostat.

Agree with aragon. Mine started to go stone cold on the temp gauge when doing 80ish but was fine in town., changed the status and been fine since.

Yea. Ill change thermostat. Its never gone above 65 even in rush hour traffic. Im hoping to scan it soon

Thermostat done. Temp gauge now sits at 90 :) Right i think my maf and throttle body need cleaning. When idleing i can see the throttle body moving on its own. Uneven idle abd a little and poor throttle response occasionally. Finally the raear creaks over speedbumps and uneven surfaces especially on twisty roads does not do it over potholes though. Any ideas guys. Besides that the cars running well