My new toy - 3.0BiTDI

Spiedhermonkey

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So today I finally got hold of my new motor. Oh my God, it was worth the wait.

Not had it out of dynamic drive very much as I just can't get over that exhaust note.

No doubt will have a ton of questions, so apologies in advance.

Here's the old A6 I traded in for it:

IMAG0806 1

Reactions: jojo, DonkeyIce and Rhyso
Absolutely stunning mate

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey
You can have the exhaust is dynamic and the gearbox and steering in comfort. That's my individual setting..
Wait until the dpf is doing a regen.... The exhaust note is even deeper and sounds lovely.
I really want the kufatec sound booster but they aren't cheap at 300ish quid

Stunning car. Enjoy :)

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Buxton2901
Thanks Sandra.

That's what I need to do then Buxton. Not really had the chance to have a proper play with all the settings yet.

Stupid first question, but how do you stop/end the journey on the Satnav?

The other question is, can you fold the wing mirrors in while driving, in order to get it through a really tight gap?

I know the answer to both but I can't remember how to end the journey. It's very frustrating as I recall lol
Mirrors, u just turn the knob to the bottom and they should fold.

Brilliant, thanks. Arrived at a family barbecue & had to drive it through a gate that's about 3mm wider than the car. Really don't want to scrape it 24hrs after picking it up

Reactions: Buxton2901
Cheers. Couldn't see a cancel option at first, but think it's the top left button around the control wheel.

It will be a learning process - starting with not trying to change down gears when approaching a junction.

Last edited:
Sitting in the garden waiting for the Wife to get home from work in it & I thought "I can't wait for my car to get home!". Then realised that I'm a terrible husband that should have been looking forward to seeing the Wife, not the car

Reactions: marriedblonde, DonkeyIce and Buxton2901
I feel you mate lol

I keep asking the wife to do a drive by on me so I can listen to her

Haha. Why do you think I was sat in the garden? So I could hear her come up the road :icon thumright:

Is there a sunglasses holder in this car, does anyone know?

I had one in front of the rear view mirror on my previous car, but it just looks like solid plastic on this one, with no obvious compartment.

If that's the only downside, I can live with that.

You had to get the LED lighting pack to get the sunglasses holder.

Reactions: Rhyso, Spiedhermonkey and Buxton2901
You would think Audi could give us a glasses holder for free without making us pay extra for it. Ridiculous what comes as options these days

Cheers B5NUT.

Tell me about it Buxton, even my most basic of basic C6 car had a sunglasses holder.

Just drove it for the first time after dark. Wow, the lights certainly work pretty well. However the auto main beam didn't seem to activate on dark, narrow country lanes. Anyone know why that might be? Could it be the light bouncing back off the border hedges & trees? They worked when we got back on the A road.

Well I detailed the car the other night. Bought myself a foam was pressure spray attachment & used Car Devil Foam on it, then clay barred it, polished it & then ran out of daylight. So I was out there from 7am waxing it the next morning before work.

Stupidly I asked the Wife to take a couple of pics of my hard graft. Shouldn't have bothered, lol. These are the snaps she sent me:

IMG 20180530 WA0002

IMG 20180530 WA0001

IMG 20180530 WA0000

This is more a joke about the Wife's camera skills than showing off the results of the detailing.

On a serious note though, if you're supposed to clay bar in order to remove small particles of dirt during a full detail to avoid scratches & swirls, why is it OK to just wash the car without clay barring when washing between detailing sessions?

Also bought myself a sim card & SD Card. Got Audi connect working, showing Google Earth etc and transferred all our music onto Jukebox today.

Reactions: Star2k8, Buxton2901 and Rhyso
Haha brilliant! Time to send some photography links ;)

How are you finding the jukebox? I find it a bit slow and clunky, so I just rely on Bluetooth audio now.

Reactions: Spiedhermonkey and Buxton2901
Lol. Good plan.

I need to get more familiar with it so I don't need to remember how to get to certain things, but yeah, it is a bit clunky.

If you want to get to a certain artist, I can't believe you have to scroll through alphabetically, rather than just choose the first letter.

TBH, I don't mind driving in silence & just listening to the car :yes:

Reactions: DarkShadow and Buxton2901
I copied some podcasts over from youtube only to find to my horror, the artist is sorted by youtube urls :sob:

I agree, the car sound is brilliant - I love the idea of pimping out the sound more with kufatec but it's a bit too pricey.