My new S3 with pics

chanlon1

Reaction score
Website
www.babybmw.net
Eventually got round to taking some photos of the car.

Got it on Wesnesday and have been loving every minute of it.

Only extras added are: BOSE, Light/Rain Sensor Pack, Arm Rest, Bluetooth and Flat Steering Wheel.

Very nice, all the S3's popping up on this forum are seriously making me want one!!!

Nice Photo's.

You also have flat tyre warning indicator as you have the button on the centre console to set it! :whistle2:

looking very nice

one of the best colours for the S3!

just noticed, are the S3 seats the same as the S-line seats?

they look very similar

Nice one! Welcome to the S3 club! Amazing all round car! Still loving it! 5000Km and counting! eheh

Pedro

exellent chanlon - get some rear spacers for the wheels and some silver bulbs and thats it perfect!!

hope to see you on the Northern Irish roads :D

RobinA3 said:
just noticed, are the S3 seats the same as the S-line seats?

they look very similar

They do look similar, perhaps exactly the same design. Think side-by-side pics are needed. :) (someone?) Of course, S-Lines get "S-line" nicely embossed, but no such "S3" embossing in the S3. Which is a shame in my opinion.

Boydie said:
exellent chanlon - get some rear spacers for the wheels and some silver bulbs and thats it perfect!!

hope to see you on the Northern Irish roads :D

Care to point me in the right direction for spacers?

As for silver bulbs....which ones would they be replacing (excuse my ignorance!!)

Think Boydie is referring to the front indicator orange lights in the headlights, they show through orange. Not really bothered about mine!

AL_B said:
They do look similar, perhaps exactly the same design. Think side-by-side pics are needed. :) (someone?) Of course, S-Lines get "S-line" nicely embossed, but no such "S3" embossing in the S3. Which is a shame in my opinion.

I read that the S-line seats have an almost flat base to them whereas the S3's tilt up at the front and can be speced with adjustable lumbar.

nice motor... i think we are in the minority colour wise which suits me fine :)

sorry chanlon - yeah the orange bulbs

silver ones transform the look of them

i recently bought ones from ebay for the indicators and they look much better

Motorsport and Spares in Ballymena do the front and rear indicators

Stunning looking motor. Congratulations :)

I'm yet to see one around Croydon :(

to be honest I've never picked up on the fact that the orange bulbs showed through the lens ...... think I'm going to develope some kind of OCD now staring at them!

FInally, last week my ride has been delivered. With 20 kms, only did 40 more, lots of work... Just want to leave everything and drive it with no destination, can't forget my wallet though...

You should do like me José! Pick up my S3 last the wednesday before last and drove straight away from Inverness to Porto! 2800Km. It is in Portugal stored. Already has 5000Km! What a great car I bought! Love it! Averages of 18L/100Km can be achieved, my top speed so far was 260Km/h but goes more than that, off course analogic speed with it's error...

Pedro

saw another s3 in the belfast harbour chanlon on wednesday!! think it was black but might have been you??? (i now cant remember the colour of it)

also, what mats do you have in the car? are they audi ones? specifically s3??

si_reading said:
Looks smart! Went out in the new S3 the other week, god it quick. MPG was suffering quite a bit though think it was running at 18mpg haha.

Bit of a thread hi-jack...sorry everyone...

SI, just been to your pictures website. Have to say your A3 looks superb, especially on the RS6 alloys. What size are they, 18's or 19's? Very very nice cars. I also notice a section to do with tints (no front tints). Do you have tints all round now? Who did them? Would you recommend them?

Cheers

AL

Boydie said:
saw another s3 in the belfast harbour chanlon on wednesday!! think it was black but might have been you??? (i now cant remember the colour of it)

also, what mats do you have in the car? are they audi ones? specifically s3??

Could well have been me cause I go through the harbour estate everyday instead of driving down the main road past the airport.
If it was early morning, or 6pm ish....possibly me

Mats...they are just black with some grey edging....from what I can recall no S3 logo or anything

chanlon - i will give you a flash next time

im in a mauritius blue 3dr sport :D