My New S3 Sportback Sepang Blue

S3_OLI

Reaction score
So rather ordering from factory I decided to go for a car that Stafford Audi had available and picked it up last Friday. The spec is as follows:

Audi S3 sportback s-tronic Sepang blue
Audi connect high
Panoramic roof
Magnetic ride
B&O sound system
Red brake calipers
Super sport seats
Reversing camera with park assist front and rear
Hold assist
Comfort pack
LED headlights
Privacy glass
Black inlays

I'm loving the car and to be honest I would of gone for the black styling pack and black roof rails but that's the compromise I made from not ordering my own spec.

Here's some pics
2df97a95d60cd3a54b5e55def11084c8.jpg
cfb024b5d5b09833a14ed82fa094b489.jpg
473ba3162cba4debbfe6b64c42b36cbf.jpg

I've ordered some new detailing products so going to give it a good detail this weekend and get it protected.
More pics to come

Reactions: Joe-A3, Rob2k68, Simon L and 3 others
Looks nice mate enjoy...but why did you blank your plate out in the last pic??? :p

The sticker on the rear window "world car award" is that just a sticker that can be removed?

The sticker on the rear window "world car award" is that just a sticker that can be removed?
lol before I collected the car I said I don't want ANY stickers on the car at all :)

I see, looks very nice, I am just wondering if it was removable.

Very nice.... Similar to mine. I took the sticker off on day two :)
I decided to go without black pack as every other Sepang i'd seen had it.

yes the sticker is coming off at weekend when i detail her lol. the reg blur pic is one i put on Facebook because i didn't want to advertise my reg.
I kind of like the chrome for the moment but might get the chrome bits blacked out in the future.

thing is, that's not just a dealership sticker, EVERY new ****** A/S3 has one. The factory has a lot to answer for!

So rather ordering from factory I decided to go for a car that Stafford Audi had available and picked it up last Friday. The spec is as follows:

Audi connect high
Panoramic roof
Magnetic ride
B&O sound system
Red brake calipers
Super sport seats
Hold assist
Comfort pack
LED headlights
Privacy glass
Black inlays

I'm loving the car and to be honest I would of gone for the black styling pack and black roof rails but that's the compromise I made from not ordering my own spec.

Here's some pics

I've ordered some new detailing products so going to give it a good detail this weekend and get it protected.
More pics to come
Gorgeous looking S3 SB buddy :)

Love the colour too ... ;)

Very nice car. I hope you enjoy it. :) x

How you finding led lights? Mine has them on it just wondered as my car built in months time so not got yet. I currently have s1 with the xenon s and my wife mini cooper has led lights and they are so much cleaner light. When I drove s3 demo it had led but they seem quite low, the mini lights up all road signs in nice crisp white light but s3 didn't do this. What's your impression so far ?

How you finding led lights? Mine has them on it just wondered as my car built in months time so not got yet. I currently have s1 with the xenon s and my wife mini cooper has led lights and they are so much cleaner light. When I drove s3 demo it had led but they seem quite low, the mini lights up all road signs in nice crisp white light but s3 didn't do this. What's your impression so far ?
I can't comment on led light but there is a picture of led and xenon side by side somewhere on here.
I also find the xenon lights in the mini to be super bright, not sure if there brighter than the a3 or angled higher but I get what you mean with road signs

yes the sticker is coming off at weekend when i detail her lol. the reg blur pic is one i put on Facebook because i didn't want to advertise my reg.
I kind of like the chrome for the moment but might get the chrome bits blacked out in the future.
Hope the sticker peels off easy and doesn't leave sticky mark - why on earth put this on at factory in the first place !

It's on the exterior of the glass mate so it'll be fine coming off. Maybe a bit of glass cleaner

the reg blur pic is one i put on Facebook because i didn't want to advertise my reg.
Puzzled face! But everyone can see it in the other two pictures...we are all strangers...facebook are friends?!?!? I don't use FB so I may be missing the point!!!

PS: If the sticker does leave sticky marks, window cleaner or a bit of white spirit on a rag will get it off.

Nice car, great spec without the long wait.............

Enjoy

Will you be getting the blank number plate piece instead of having the indented one

The new LED headlights on the latest shape MINI (they no longer do xenons) are far brighter and much more efficient with their light output compared to the LED's on the S3. They are piercing the MINI LED's, talking from experience with both. girlfriend has a new MINI and I have LED's on my S3. They are not worth the money if it is light output you are looking for. Look good but don't perform that well. The Xenons do a just as good if not better job than the current A3/S3 LED's. Still a lot of improvement to be done with that technology.

The new LED headlights on the latest shape MINI (they no longer do xenons) are far brighter and much more efficient with their light output compared to the LED's on the S3. They are piercing the MINI LED's, talking from experience with both. girlfriend has a new MINI and I have LED's on my S3. They are not worth the money if it is light output you are looking for. Look good but don't perform that well. The Xenons do a just as good if not better job than the current A3/S3 LED's. Still a lot of improvement to be done with that technology.
that's disappointing to know, my wife's mini like you say your girlfriends are brilliant with led. Was hoping s3 to be equivalent. Maybe it's because mini is projector style

Hmm,

I had a new shape Leon previously. It had LEDs . They were good but the cut off between light/no light was pretty dramatic.

My wife has a brand new Polo GTI.... That has LED headlights and they are excellent! Id say the technology is pretty much there nowadays. Amazing how much things have moved on in 2 years!

Audi connect high
Panoramic roof
Magnetic ride
B&O sound system
Red brake calipers
Super sport seats
Hold assist
Comfort pack
LED headlights
Privacy glass
Black inlays

Here's some pics

More pics to come
Great S3 SB & a great spec too :)

Go #teamsepang ;)

Car looks stunning Oli !!! Very similar build to mine.

I had a new shape Leon previously. It had LEDs . They were good but the cut off between light/no light was pretty dramatic

^^ Same as. No complaints on going LEDs here.

Cheers for the comments guys, it's now been waxed including the wheels so is beading nicely when wet. Only done 400 miles so far but loving it especially in dynamic mode (sounds unreal)

Did I spot you on the A34 near Virgin fitness last Friday? Gave you a mini thumbs up from the driver window.

A not very clean S3 Sepang blue, black pack. Saw yours and thought that a nice colour... saw the number plate and remembered reading this thread from the other day.

lol i must of been driving blind. didn't even see you. are you from around that area? I'm from sharston near wythenshawe

Cheers for the comments guys, it's now been waxed including the wheels so is beading nicely when wet. Only done 400 miles so far but loving it especially in dynamic mode (sounds unreal)
I've only had my S4 for a few months now. Sepang too. Much to my dismay the sound you hear when in dynamic is a speaker / sound actuator. I would assume this is the same in an S3?

It makes no difference to the exhaust note outside as far as I'm aware.

lol i must of been driving blind. didn't even see you. are you from around that area? I'm from sharston near wythenshawe

Work in Handforth around Stanley Green Business Park. Live Oldham way.

Is it really a speaker? So only o can hear the amazingness and not passers by? Great! Lol
Oh well still love it . Ahh right yeah I'm always near Stanley green.

Is it really a speaker? So only o can hear the amazingness and not passers by? Great! Lol
Oh well still love it . Ahh right yeah I'm always near Stanley green.

there is a sound actuator on the S3, but when in Dynamic it also opens the outer of the quad-pipes above 2.5k ish revs, so yes it is a fair bit louder.

there is a sound actuator on the S3, but when in Dynamic it also opens the outer of the quad-pipes above 2.5k ish revs, so yes it is a fair bit louder.
I wasnt aware of that. Thanks.

Saw you today on princess road. Saw your car and was like ooo. Cant wait to get mine. Itl be similar to yours but wish i also got the pano roof. And the cut number plate looks neat. Im near wythenshawe aswel

Cheers mate glad it turns a few heads lol. What spec is yours? I got my plate off eBay, easier than cutting it haha. Where u from then? I'm in sharston.

Just around the corner in heald green! Ive also got a sportback sepang s3.build week is in a few days