Facelift My New S3 (Picture Heavy)

AudiNutta

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may know me from over at the RS3 forum (a FL Dreamer). I struggled to get a used RS3 to fit my budget, the finance company I am approved with saw thew value of the cars less than what they were advertised for, so the deposit was horrendous. So I took the plunge after I fell in love with my S3 in the showroom of Cardiff Audi. I collected the car Tuesday, it is FANTASTIC! I haven't stopped smiling since, it has been washed 3 times in 4.5 days (I know, I need to get a life) but I can't stand to see it dirty at this stage haha.]

I have done 300 glorious miles so far, averaging 25mpg, which was a shock to the system from my 1.4TFSi A3 that I just traded in, haha.

Cardiff Audi have been superb throughout, giving a huge discount on the car with me having been a regular visitor for a long period of time. I highly recommend Cardiff Audi, I dealt with Richard Joll who could not do enough for me to ensure that the deal went smoothly and the car arrived in perfect condition.

I am booking the car in to have the Cobratrak 5 fitted, does anyone have any negative experiences with this tracker? I have only heard good things to date.

The car is a nice specification, there are a few things missing but the car was in the showroom and I had the opportunity of driving it away in days, rather than ordering months away. The Audi Sound System is nothing less than c**p, it's all I had in my A3 previously but this is horrendous. The volume reduction to protect the speakers is extreme, there is no volume whatsoever and I will be looking into adding the B&O system, regardless of cost because I find it unbearable. The car is specced with:

- Nano Grey Metallic Paint
- 19" 5-arm Wing Alloys
- Hill Hold Assist
- Privacy Glass
- Magnetic Ride
- Electric/Heating/Folding Door Mirrors
- Parking System Plus, Front + Rear

Anyway enough of me blabbing, I couldn't put into words how great the car is.. so here are some photos I took earlier, apologies for being a bit picture heavy.. I struggled to narrow it down as I love every angle. of the FL.

Apologies for the dreadful plate blurring, but I am determined to make the car as difficult to trace for the wastes of oxygen out there....

Matthew.

Reactions: A3_Rider, Pinky1959, batch and 19 others
Very nice car mate.

Reactions: Simon L, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Cool. Good shots you took there.

What discount did you get if you don't mind me asking?

Reactions: Simon L, AudiNutta, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may know me from over at the RS3 forum (a FL Dreamer). I struggled to get a used RS3 to fit my budget, the finance company I am approved with saw thew value of the cars less than what they were advertised for, so the deposit was horrendous. So I took the plunge after I fell in love with my S3 in the showroom of Cardiff Audi. I collected the car Tuesday, it is FANTASTIC! I haven't stopped smiling since, it has been washed 3 times in 4.5 days (I know, I need to get a life) but I can't stand to see it dirty at this stage haha.]

I have done 300 glorious miles so far, averaging 25mpg, which was a shock to the system from my 1.4TFSi A3 that I just traded in, haha.

Cardiff Audi have been superb throughout, giving a huge discount on the car with me having been a regular visitor for a long period of time. I highly recommend Cardiff Audi, I dealt with Richard Joll who could not do enough for me to ensure that the deal went smoothly and the car arrived in perfect condition.

I am booking the car in to have the Cobratrak 5 fitted, does anyone have any negative experiences with this tracker? I have only heard good things to date.

The car is a nice specification, there are a few things missing but the car was in the showroom and I had the opportunity of driving it away in days, rather than ordering months away. The Audi Sound System is nothing less than c**p, it's all I had in my A3 previously but this is horrendous. The volume reduction to protect the speakers is extreme, there is no volume whatsoever and I will be looking into adding the B&O system, regardless of cost because I find it unbearable. The car is specced with:

- 19" 5-arm Wing Alloys
- Hill Hold Assist
- Privacy Glass
- Magnetic Ride

Anyway enough of me blabbing, I couldn't put into words how great the car is.. so here are some photos I took earlier, apologies for being a bit picture heavy.. I struggled to narrow it down as I love every angle. of the FL.

Apologies for the dreadful plate blurring, but I am determined to make the car as difficult to trace for the wastes of oxygen out there....

Matthew.
Nice car mate....Even Audi would be proud of them pics on their website...:friends:

Reactions: ammo-mcr, Simon L, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Car looks stunning mate - Congratulations!!

Really liking the Nano and Wing Arm combo ;o)

Reactions: pburv, Simon L and AudiNutta
Very nice mate, for a second though I thought it had a ding on the rear....just the light playing tricks :D

Ding

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
A lovely car @AudiNutta

Now, behave in it. You've got a B1oody damn good car for a 19 yr old. I know you'll treat it very well and if your first 5 days are anything to go by it'll stay pristine. You thought about getting it ceramic/silica coated?? If you like doing things yourself, look at CquartzUK. At £39 it's a cheap but damn good product.
IMG 0968
IMG 0960

Reactions: SW14NY'S, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Cool. Good shots you took there.

What discount did you get if you don't mind me asking?

I don't have an exact figure to hand now, in work. But it was in excess of £4000, £3450 approx plus the VAT. Can't fault it, off a new car that's a very nice discount.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Simon L
Nice car mate....Even Audi would be proud of them pics on their website...:friends:

Thank you :D

I struggled to decide where to take the photos, wasn't a bad backdrop I didn't think.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Everything looks solid....except for those wheels, they look like they belong on a pre-facelift... A3.

Reactions: pburv
A lovely car @AudiNutta

Now, behave in it. You've got a B1oody damn good car for a 19 yr old. I know you'll treat it very well and if your first 5 days are anything to go by it'll stay pristine. You thought about getting it ceramic/silica coated?? If you like doing things yourself, look at CquartzUK. At £39 it's a cheap but damn good product.
View attachment 107798 View attachment 107799

It is stunning, I am made up.

It is very quick, quicker than I remember from when I've had them on loan. When you are driving it every day, back and forth work on normal roads.. that's when you realise how quick they are haha!!

The car will be cherished, as have my previous 3. I'm excited that it's new, because my previous two cars have been nearly new with less than 10k on, but I've found they are never treated how I treat my cars and I'm stuck with the imperfections from previous owners. Now it's new, I get to keep it as new. I think Audi are counting on having it back in a couple of years, knowing how clean my cars are haha.

I have had my previous two cars detailed and sealed with ceramic coatings, but the coatings never live up to what a wax can do I've found over recent months. The car is being detailed next weekend, full paint correction and sealed with a Swissvax wax to last the winter. I like to see the car beading, only the wax tends to bead for long periods of time. I've tried Gtechniq and Carbon Collective coatings, after a few months both seem to deteriorate.

I will have a search for what you have recommended. Thanks!

Reactions: richinsoton, SW14NY'S, pburv and 2 others
I don't have an exact figure to hand now, in work. But it was in excess of £4000, £3450 approx plus the VAT. Can't fault it, off a new car that's a very nice discount.
Yup. I got 11% off mine, was happy with that.

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Simon L and 1 other person
Everything looks solid....except for those wheels, they look like they belong on a pre-facelift... A3.

Really? The wheels make the car, they are the right design for the colour.

I would have preferred the V Spoke option but these are stunning already.

Reactions: richinsoton, SW14NY'S, pburv and 4 others
Car looks the business fella.

Wheels really suit the Nano Grey

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Rob2k68 and 3 others

+1, those wheels really suit well IMO. Looks classy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68, Simon L and 2 others
I'm your man for b&o pal. Currently retrofitting into my sportback. Budget approx 1000 for all you need. I'll be doing a massive retrofit thread soon so watch out for it.
Cheers David

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Reactions: LJC105, Richierich37, pburv and 3 others
I'm your man for b&o pal. Currently retrofitting into my sportback. Budget approx 1000 for all you need. I'll be doing a massive retrofit thread soon so watch out for it.
Cheers David

Really?! You are my hero!! I wanted to get a quote for Audi to fit the B&O! I would spend a grand on it any day, my Mums A4 has it and it's unreal.

Is it just a case of replacing speakers and the amp, leaving the existing cables?

Reactions: pburv and Simon L
Yup. I got 11% off mine, was happy with that.

We got I believe the exact same amount of discount. The car was £38,245 list in the showroom, apply 11% discount to mine and the saving was £4200.. exactly what I had, give or take a few quid. Perhaps that's the movement the dealerships have across the board.

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv and Simon L

Those wheels really suit the colour. Great pics / stunning car.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
Those wheels really suit the colour. Great pics / stunning cat.

Nice to see most agree, I'm looking at the pictures and can't understand why someone wouldn't like those wheels on the car haha!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, SW14NY'S, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Nice to see most agree, I'm looking at the pictures and can't understand why someone wouldn't like those wheels on the car haha!!

Some folk eh! You might just find they have those very wheels on their own PFL
And just edited my post. It's your car that's stunning not your cat lol

Reactions: Terminator x, pburv, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Very pic heavy indeed......................but it's all good, stunna you got there mate :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, pburv, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Knew i had seen those wheels somewhere else! haha!

Nice car though mate.. .Enjoy it :)
Screen Shot 2016 10 23 at 000309

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Thanks for the nice comments all.

I'm finding it difficult to keep up, the activity on this forum compared to the RS3 forum is crazy :tearsofjoy: So many new people!!

7 hours into a 12 hour night shift, poking my head out the fire exit every now and again to take a look at the car.. it's motivational :hearteyes::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: richinsoton, Jassyo06, azibux1 and 5 others
Nice Nano, looks lovely, enjoy.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Jassyo06, pburv and 2 others
Nano wrong with those wheels mate, looks epic

Reactions: Rob2k68, deanshaw24, AudiNutta and 4 others
Really?! You are my hero!! I wanted to get a quote for Audi to fit the B&O! I would spend a grand on it any day, my Mums A4 has it and it's unreal.

Is it just a case of replacing speakers and the amp, leaving the existing cables?
It's a lot more involved, component protection flags up on the headunit too so you need to consider this and your warranty. Happy to help talking you through everything though

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, Simon L and 1 other person
Very nice , i have a FL in nano grey and love it

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, Simon L and 2 others
@AudiNutta Nano really is a grower,far nicer than Nardo grey, it also seems your car is one of a bunch of S3's that where built with 19"s and magride because Audi ran out of stock 18"s for short period,hence the dealers are firing them on to the showroom floors, there where 3 magride/wing arm alloys S3's in Glasgow Audis showroom last week when l pop in, anyways yer car looks real classy in that colour

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 3 others
Hi Everyone,

- 19" 5-arm Wing Alloys
- Hill Hold Assist
- Privacy Glass
- Magnetic Ride

Matthew.
@AudiNutta - S3 looks fab buddy
Loving that colour

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta and pburv
@AudiNutta epic photos of your S3 mate! love the Nano Grey!....tbh I love those wheels, far nicer than the new 'Black Edition' ones anyway

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 1 other person
Thanks for the nice comments all.

I'm finding it difficult to keep up, the activity on this forum compared to the RS3 forum is crazy :tearsofjoy: So many new people!!

7 hours into a 12 hour night shift, poking my head out the fire exit every now and again to take a look at the car.. it's motivational :hearteyes::tearsofjoy:

It's you that's new mate lol, the A3/S3 part of the forum is far more friendly by a long way than the RS3 forum and far busier and funnier lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta, pburv and 1 other person
Knew i had seen those wheels somewhere else! haha!

Nice car though mate.. .Enjoy it :)
View attachment 107822

Them wheels on that car ain't a patch on the 19" wing arm alloys,in general the selection of alloys available for the A3/S3 ain't the best especially for the S models

Reactions: Rob2k68, Ormesome, AudiNutta and 1 other person
Great looking car, can't wait for my nano grey sedan to arrive.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AudiNutta