Facelift My New S3 (Picture Heavy)

Great looking car, can't wait for my nano grey sedan to arrive.

The colour is incredible. It changes so many times in different lights, it even looks green when it's sparkling in the sunlight. You will not be disappointed!!

Reactions: Rob2k68, CHCCubs and TDI-line
I'm undecided, wether to go Nano now, or go Team Floret on A3 order. :)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I'm undecided, wether to go Nano now, or go Team Floret on A3 order. :)

Go for Nano, 110%! It makes the car stand out as being different, Floret may fall into the shadows haha.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and TDI-line
I think I wet myself now...Awesome colour choice and STUNNING car!!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and AudiNutta
So I went out for a drive on Thursday, to try and out the car to the test a little more now it has 700 miles on the clock.. it's the first time I've used dynamic steering (don't normally like it).

I had a shock when checking my tyre pressures, at 45psi!!! Not happy with the dealer on this one at all. I know the pressures are overinflated for the showroom, if they needed to check anything on the PDI, it's that the pressures were safe. The only reason I left it two weeks was the reassurance that the workshop had checked them, oh well.. nothing I can do about it now. No wonder the car felt so uneasy at speed haha!!

Anyway I got out and had a few miles of traffic free country roads at least, my mistake for going out at 3PM.. the car just had to be clean first :D

I took some pictures.. :p

Then when I got back home I got out of the car to unlock, took a look back and had to get my phone out of the car... :O I am in love with this thing, it looks out of this world, the colour transforms like you wouldn't believe.. :D The pictures don't do the car / colour justice. I even had a phonecall from my Mum after leaving for work yesterday, just her saying how amazing it looked.. :D
I had a TT Sport on test this week, what I am surprised about is that the TT got more looks than the S3 does, which I haven't gotten my head around yet haha. But in a white, entry spec TT.. I didn't feel too manly driving into college, I got a lot of assuming looks, the car isn't for me.

Reactions: SW14NY'S, Migwire, Scottyg and 5 others
The TT is a looker mate, only on closer inspection Joe/jane blogs will know you have a S3 over a A3... etc

Reactions: A3_Rider, Rob2k68, AudiNutta and 2 others
The TT is a looker mate, only on closer inspection Joe/jane blogs will know you have a S3 over a A3... etc

That was my thought, there aren't many TT's around.
I found when driving the RS3, I had people looking and turning their heads to look at it, whether that is the noise I am not sure.. must be part of it. I had people telling me "Nice car" when driving down the high street and one person say to his mate "that's a fast car". Whereas with the S3, I notice one or two Focus ST drivers having a glance and that's about it. But with how worried I am of keeping it safe, it can't be a bad thing at all.

I've done all I can to keep it secure now, I am just trying to get over the aspect of being afraid to leave it everywhere, I am on pins haha and by no means do I live in a bad area. My main concern is that the works car park is parallel with the main road into the industrial estate, with cars driving up and down every couple of minutes to other factories and lorries delivering. Hopefully nobody clocks it, I know how easy it is to lift those car park barriers haha.

Do you hold back using your car for certain places, or do you try not to think of it? I have had it 2.5 weeks and on 3/4 occasions already I have had to get my girlfriend to drive out of fear of parking it up.

Reactions: Rob2k68
That was my thought, there aren't many TT's around.
I found when driving the RS3, I had people looking and turning their heads to look at it, whether that is the noise I am not sure.. must be part of it. I had people telling me "Nice car" when driving down the high street and one person say to his mate "that's a fast car". Whereas with the S3, I notice one or two Focus ST drivers having a glance and that's about it. But with how worried I am of keeping it safe, it can't be a bad thing at all.

I've done all I can to keep it secure now, I am just trying to get over the aspect of being afraid to leave it everywhere, I am on pins haha and by no means do I live in a bad area. My main concern is that the works car park is parallel with the main road into the industrial estate, with cars driving up and down every couple of minutes to other factories and lorries delivering. Hopefully nobody clocks it, I know how easy it is to lift those car park barriers haha.

Do you hold back using your car for certain places, or do you try not to think of it? I have had it 2.5 weeks and on 3/4 occasions already I have had to get my girlfriend to drive out of fear of parking it up.

It's a car, it's insured, use it!

Reactions: Ozmosis, Rob2k68, azibux1 and 2 others
I had grey for four years, couldn't have it again however that looks nice.

Oh and is that dirt in the 4th pic in your post? Get to scrubbin'! :superman:

Gratz and enjoy!

Reactions: AudiNutta, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Looking good young man. As said, just drive it and don't worry. The only thing you might get is pulled by the Traffics as you are young.
Apart from that enjoy it.
IMG 1036

Reactions: AudiNutta, pburv and Rob2k68
Looking good young man. As said, just drive it and don't worry. The only thing you might get is pulled by the Traffics as you are young.
Apart from that enjoy it.
View attachment 109406

Thank you very much :)

I am expecting to get pulled soon enough. But, it's a new car so I don't think it would get a second look from a copper on that front, unless they choose to check the driver out. That doesn't bother me anyway, I have big respect for the police and love Traffic Cops.. it would make my day providing I were driving sedately at the time ;)

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, pburv and 1 other person
We got I believe the exact same amount of discount. The car was £38,245 list in the showroom, apply 11% discount to mine and the saving was £4200.. exactly what I had, give or take a few quid. Perhaps that's the movement the dealerships have across the board.

Yes any dealer except Aberdeen Audi, no discounts at all.
Only one in the city so no competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting, I've heard a lot of people dealing with Aberdeen, it must be a very big centre.

Reactions: Rob2k68
That's interesting, I've heard a lot of people dealing with Aberdeen, it must be a very big centre.
Second largest in Scotland only because of the oil and the sheep lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Martinbanshee, Flying Scotsman and 2 others

Plenty discount from Aberdeen Audi, look on the John Clark website for a starting point, then negotiate from there.
We got 22% off our S5 there and I got £6k off my previous TT (around 18%).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob2k68, AudiNutta and Scottyg
Plenty discount from Aberdeen Audi, look on the John Clark website for a starting point, then negotiate from there.
We got 22% off our S5 there and I got £6k off my previous TT (around 18%).

Which salesman did you use?