My NEW RS3 has exactly the same issues as my previous 8V

Spinstorm

Reaction score
My previous glorious sounding RS3 that I did 75k miles in has two annoying issues that were not fixable; not serious - just annoying.

- Squeaky brakes
- The engine coolant would get sucked under the minimum line and set off the engine coolant warning. A quick unscrew and it would release the pressure.

I have EXACTLY the same issues in the new car!

My previous glorious sounding RS3 that I did 75k miles in has two annoying issues that were not fixable; not serious - just annoying.

- Squeaky brakes
- The engine coolant would get sucked under the minimum line and set off the engine coolant warning. A quick unscrew and it would release the pressure.

I have EXACTLY the same issues in the new car!

Can’t say I’ve experienced either in the 8Y yet thankfully. I presumed the carbon brakes would squeal a lot but haven’t heard a peep out of them in 2k miles. I did do what I would say was a decent break in though.

For the coolant is it possible to add a little extra just so it doesn’t drop below minimum? My only concern with that issue is that I wouldn’t have thought there should be a bunch of pressure in the plastic expansion tank, but I don’t know the full function of the system well enough to properly comment on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone else with a LE has temperamental tyre pressure sensors?

Since it got cold a few weeks ago they keep telling me my front tyres are low pressure even though they aren’t! I need to take it to Audi but because I know its simply dodgy sensors I don’t think it is worth doing in any rush.

I’ve not had either of those on the 8y. On the 8V brake squeal seemed to be about keeping them clean. That or giving giving them a beating were my cures.

I’ve not had either of those on the 8y. On the 8V brake squeal seemed to be about keeping them clean. That or giving giving them a beating were my cures.

The coolant issue only appeared yesterday at 8.5k miles - but I figured it must be the same issue as my previous RS3 and I checked and it was. I remember Audi told me previously that this happened "because it was a performance engine" LOL.

The TPMS issue would only happen on LE cars - I don't know if you have an LE - but I imagine the solution is new TPMS sensors but the hassle of going to Audi and booking it in seems pointless.

I've topped up coolant (and oil) from min to max now twice in 6500 miles.
Not overly concerned to be honest.

As for brake squeal, not had an issue but my brakes do have a cooking evey time I go out.

Reactions: 8YARWY
My LE is on 6.5k miles now.

Tpms has been fine no fault.

Brakes do squeal but only if I haven’t dropped anchors for a while. They clearly get a build up of dust and burning that off gets rid of the noise. Cleaning them out with a pressure washer also works.

My coolant has dropped recently. It’s going to Audi for a check soon. Did you just open and close your coolant cap and that sort it? Might try the same if so…

Brakes do squeal but only if I haven’t dropped anchors for a while. They clearly get a build up of dust and burning that off gets rid of the noise. Cleaning them out with a pressure washer also works.

My coolant has dropped recently. It’s going to Audi for a check soon. Did you just open and close your coolant cap and that sort it? Might try the same if so…
Yes, and it came right back up. I didn't top it up as when the pressure was released it was at max.

Reactions: Keano04

Yeah my s3 did that a few times. I'd open the cap and it'd return to max, happened a few times then disappeared.

Reactions: kayemill and Keano04
Yes, and it came right back up. I didn't top it up as when the pressure was released it was at max.

Mine is getting a new water pump in the new year.

Also has a recall on the seat belts so both getting done at the same time - not sure if anyone else has had that pop up? No letter or anything but it just flagged up when they were investigating the coolant leak.

Yeah my s3 did that a few times. I'd open the cap and it'd return to max, happened a few times then disappeared.

I’m sure it’s down to outside temp. Both the RS3 and the Polo warned of low coolant when we were at -10.5. Open the cap the level comes up. Can’t say why though.

I’m sure it’s down to outside temp. Both the RS3 and the Polo warned of low coolant when we were at -10.5. Open the cap the level comes up. Can’t say why though.

Hot air in the cooling system expands and pushes the coolant down out of the expansion tank, when you unscrew the lid you simply allow the hot air to escape and the coolant can come back up, also there are instances when rubber coolant hoses can ‘expand’ a little with hot coolant pressure.

Reactions: RS03??? and kayemill