My new quattro

Yes very normal to hear systems gradually switching off, you may also hear the electric water pump running cooling down the turbo bearings after a fast drive.
Electric water pump cooling down the turbo?

How very interesting wonder if thens4 uses a water jacket also is still turbo time my cars so to speak but this kind of does the same

Noticed last night upon unlocking the car none of the lights under the door handles are working anymore it was working last week.

Also shouldn’t the headlights come on when unlocking I guess it’s on MMI somewhere?

Yes the home lights need to be enabled in the MMI car settings for both to work..

Reactions: rasA4
Thanks I take there is a timer for coming home lights I park my car in the garage I noticed upon leaving the lights on Auto the lights would stay on.

Yes a timer, the headlamp switch must also be set to auto...
Blimey so many settings :)
Not used to all this my old b5 was very simple

Hopefully this will be as reliable as that.
Thanks again

Reactions: cuke2u
evenin has anyone noticed the wheel bolts has lug caps on them?
like these may depend wheel to wheel maybe?
not sure if these will be a rust/water trap though?

I guess you mean plastic covers? Been a trait for audi's for sometime. My car has thrown them off on occassion and I now fit ones from another model that are tighter.
Never heard anyone comment about the bolts corroding due to the covers though..

I guess you mean plastic covers? Been a trait for audi's for sometime. My car has thrown them off on occassion and I now fit ones from another model that are tighter.
Never heard anyone comment about the bolts corroding due to the covers though..
Yeah that’s them which wheels do you have?

I've previously owned a 2007 A3 and a 2011 Q5, both from new and kept in my ownership for 4 and 3 years respectively. Both cars had plastic nut covers and neither corroded there nuts in my ownership.

1st wash since I've had her

Reactions: cuke2u and Jsmills
One thing I found annoying while washing the car near the handles the car kept unlocking and locking. Is there a way to disable this while washing?

One thing I found annoying while washing the car near the handles the car kept unlocking and locking. Is there a way to disable this while washing?
No, I just place the key inside my house...

Had a look at the boot today is something missing from the tool kit? I know the wheel lock is not there I have this elsewhere.

What do you think is missing as, from memory, yours looks the same as mine. I'll have a look tomorrow though...

Thanks I’m not sure maybe something top right there’s a blank space above where the wheel lock goes.

Mine:
20180507 091931 1024x768

Had a look round the engine bay wondering how to clean the aluminium area looks like some kind of ecu I had a quick go with autosol but not quite sure

If thats the way it looks after you've had an attempt at cleaning it personally I would not have bothered...

If thats the way it looks after you've had an attempt at cleaning it personally I would not have bothered...
yeah it dont look all that just leave it as is? it has some dirt in the nooks and crannies

Does anyone know why audi changed the toolkit location. My written off car was like yours above.

When i got the replacement i kicked off with audi asking why it was missing to be told its there under the carpet behind the seat... Which it was...

Does anyone know why audi changed the toolkit location. My written off car was like yours above.

When i got the replacement i kicked off with audi asking why it was missing to be told its there under the carpet behind the seat... Which it was...
You mean no longer in the spare wheel well? If so pictures please...

Yep mines in a separate compartment behind the spare wheel/wheel well.

My S4 saloon kit is just behind the rear seat. So not with the spare wheel.
So if wet and you have a dirty car you get is all over your pants. Not especially sensible but works.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yeah but the placing has always varied from saloon to avant and then also it seems now which year saloon it is too. I would still like to see some photos of the new placing of the tool kit in the saloon if at all possible please...

Yeah but the placing has always varied from saloon to avant and then also it seems now which year saloon it is too. I would still like to see some photos of the new placing of the tool kit in the saloon if at all possible please...

Does it also have anything to do with quattro vs non-quattro or size of fuel tank and presence of ad-blue tank reducing wheel well space? My petrol quattro Avant has the tool kit behind the rear seat under a hatch as expected for the Avant as there is no space on top of the space-saver for a tool kit which is not surprising with the battery and sub-woofer under the spare wheel.

My saloon has the space saver wheel, not full sized, could this be the difference?

Does it also have anything to do with quattro vs non-quattro or size of fuel tank and presence of ad-blue tank reducing wheel well space? My petrol quattro Avant has the tool kit behind the rear seat under a hatch as expected for the Avant as there is no space on top of the space-saver for a tool kit which is not surprising with the battery and sub-woofer under the spare wheel.
Sub under the spare wheel this I gotta see
Pics please

:whistle2:
My S4 saloon kit is just behind the rear seat. So not with the spare wheel.
So if wet and you have a dirty car you get is all over your pants. Not especially sensible but works.

See there’s your first mistake always keep your trousers on then once they are dirty and wet you can strip down to your pants and drive home.:wink:

Reactions: DohNut
Here are a couple more in addition to the one from WM Jon. This is the standard sub for the Avant that comes with the 10 speaker Audi Sound System, the sedan version has it under the parcel shelf. Also including one of the toolkit, you can see there are plenty of empty spaces in this one as well.

Attachments

• avant_sub.jpg
    866 KB · Views: 175
  • avant_sub1.jpg
    1,022.3 KB · Views: 171
  • avant_toolkit.jpg
    938.5 KB · Views: 170
As requested one S4 boot contents, topless/covers removed images!

81534fc365e85596bea80b66c69f8912.jpg
2dc7afb486c0436a09b876cc4b5d4620.jpg