My new Daytona grey rs3

nshort10

Reaction score
Hey guys

AFter moving house, and finally getting the internet today thought it was time to get the photos uploaded.

I had a golf gtd dsg before the rs3, which was fantasic at the time due to the miles i was doing but missed the AWD and the speed. I had a s3 sportback before the golf and loved it everyday but it was starting to cost alot on fuel and felt like a change to the golf.

I picked the car from halesowan audi just at Birmingham after 300 mile drive from Glasgow. After signing all the papers i was finally able to take her away. The hand over was fantastic and had the biggest grin on my face the whole way home!

photo-1.jpg

After pulling out the dealership and heading to manchester ( had to take the other half shopping as i got something new, she wanted a new pair of shoes haha) to do a bit of shopping at the trafford centre. Driving on the motorway just felt as gd as the golf, prob a bit better as i didnt feel or hear as much road noise in the RS.

photo5.jpg

I couldnt have been any happier, the power, the speed and handling were top class and made it worth the wait!

Once i got up the road, i gave the car a clean a couple days after (due to the weather up here) and it keeps growing on me each time i clean it!

photo4.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj11/n_5hrt/photo2-1.jpg[/IMG

[img]http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj11/n_5hrt/photo-2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

The only downfall i have on the daytona grey is it doesnt seem to look good in photos for some reason, always better in person when you see it.

But i do love the fact i can drive it, with not alot of people staring at it cause it blends in nicely but its only if people know what car it is look which i love.

The cars been fantastic so far, ive got the front windows a slight tint, planning on getting MTM wheels later this year/ start of 2013, milly second by pass pipes and chip either mrc or mtm i think

hope you guys like it.

nshort10

Reactions: quattro81, fanshu, warren_S5 and 1 other person
Loving the car. Please come along and join us at our next meet at Edinburgh Audi on the 7th october, meet us all and show of the car. I have added you to our Scottish Members List. :) x

Scotland

Awesome! You weren't on the A535 last Sunday were you? Near Jodrell Bank in Cheshire?

Thanks Sandra I will see how I'm fixed that week with work and will try get through for it.

Awesome! You weren't on the A535 last Sunday were you? Near Jodrell Bank in Cheshire?

No mate wasn't me, I was hanging from the Saturday night before sorry haha

Reactions: RYes3
Spec of car is

Buckets
elec/folding/ dimming mirrors
auto lights and wipers
adap lights
heated seats front and back
high beam assist
cargo net
interior llight pack
bluetooth
matt pack

Mods planned-

Led interior bulbs
led number plate bulbs
chipped
second by pass pipes
mtm wheels
milly later next year

nom nom nom; I have to say that colour works so well with the alu pack.

Some Eibach pro struts to remedy to front arch gap wouldn't be a bad spend either. £120 replaces the front 2 springs, leaves the rears OEM and the car looks straight! I did it this year and it makes it look less speedboat.

I'd be torn between Sepang blue and Daytona grey, but that does look superb; great choice & welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: nshort10
Brodster you won't be disappointed in it! Trust me!

Warrens3 cheers mate, I've ever done springs before think it would be worth while doing it?

Tcardio sorry mate, I'm going to keep hold of the wheels sorry!

Warrens3 cheers mate, I've ever done springs before think it would be worth while doing it?

I really dislike the reverse rake Audi's seem to have where the front arch gap is bigger. Whilst I wanted to flatten the car a little, it has improved the front end control slightly and not noticeably reduced ride quality. Eventually the dampers will have to go and be replaced by some Koni FSD's as having changed the springs it's clear the dampers are a weak point where you don't have magnetic ride.

Lovely car mate, I wouldn't mind a Pax ride in this I've only ever saw 1 red one about clydebank.

Another Scottish customer going down south thanks to Glasgow and Stirling Audi believing they can make max profit on every sale

Daytona or Mica blue, both with the Alu pack really are the best colours in my view......lovely car !!

I don't think I will buy another new car in glasgow again down to glasgow Audi! The service is shocking I waited 20mins until I got seen at the parts department on Friday plus all they want to offer you is the sale and that it nothing else-no discount etc

The dealer I bought from down south was amazing and advised them I will use them again for my new purchase!

Got my a5 led number plate lighs fitted yesterday!

I don't think I will buy another new car in glasgow again down to glasgow Audi! The service is shocking I waited 20mins until I got seen at the parts department on Friday plus all they want to offer you is the sale and that it nothing else-no discount etc

The dealer I bought from down south was amazing and advised them I will use them again for my new purchase!

Did you have any issues with any errors on the DIS?

I will be using drive the deal when I purchase my new S3 or now I'm swaying to RS1, I doubt Glasgow would deal with me after rejecting my 30k Mk2 TT with them. It took 6 months of fighting and continued damage to my car trying to sort seat sag whilst giving me the most basic A3 to run about in before they finally had to give me my money back.