My new car!

T88OMM

Reaction score
I thought it was about time I got some pics up of the new chariot. My last car, my much loved ED30, had the full stage 2+ treatment (full TBE, Autotech HPFP, Milltek TBE, Carbonio, Custom Code Stage 2+ map) The car was running around 330BHP, it was a monster
evilgrin.gif
I decided to sell earlier this year for a number of reasons, but the main being the amount I was spending on fuel. £120 a week in loopy juice was really hurting my pocket, she had to go and a diesel was on the cards. Looking at it now I could have kept her, a change of job etc. helped the situation I was in a lot, but hey ho. Next year will bring something special to the garage
evilgrin.gif
Here is a pic of her
happy2.gif

19052008006-1-1.jpg

The car was eventually sold (after 6 months of advertisement) to s friend of mine. He is taking good care of her, I see it from time to time which does not do anything for my pocket. Every time I see it I want another
sad.gif

So what to get next. I had looked at various cars, Golf MKV diesel's, BMW 320d coupe's and A3 S Line's etc. I ruled the golf out as I had already had three and the Beemer was just too boring . I went to look at a few A3's and was really starting to like them. However every one that I went to look turned out to be dogs, it was starting to get tireless.

Then I came up on a red A3 S-Line Quattro on Pistonheads. It was fully loaded, Xenons, full leather, Bose sound system, just about every option on the list had been ticked bar sat nav. I went to look at the car in Wolverhampton and it turned out to be mint. After mulling over it on the way back I decided I would take my time and see if anything else came up. I got back home and had another look on Pistonheads and came across a grey one of almost identical spec, that was in Bolton a lot closer to home. So the next day I went to look at that one, what a dog that turned out to be! I decided that the red one was the way to go, it really was in top condition. I immediately called the garage and did the deal over the phone
jumpmove.gif
Two days later I was on the way to Wolverhampton pick her up. All the paperwork was sorted out and I was on the way back home in no time. I immediately knew I had made the right decision, it really was a lovely car to drive. Everything felt very solid and grown up. I was not so sure on the red but it started to grow on me quickly. This is a pic of an identical car when I got it (can't find any standard pics of mine)

KR08ZXG_1.jpg

I originally planned just to put a new set of wheels on but as always with me I can't leave anything alone. After scouring the classifieds I cam across a nice shiny set of 19' BBS Ch's. I got on the blower and in no time I was on the way up to Hull to pick a new set of wheels up
jumpmove.gif
This is a pic of them of how they were:

bbs_ch_ci3_l.jpg

I got them on the car but soon realised I wanted them refurbed and painted in black or anthracite. I was gonna go with a black and red them with the car, I think the two colours go really well together. After a quick chat with Gerry at WRC Wheel Repairs a finish was decided. Gloss black centres with a polished machined lip. Here is how they came out:

IMG_0042.jpg

I wanted to adress the front of the car next as I thought it looked a bit bland, I wanted to toughen it up a bit. Here is how it did look:

RK07PLZ.jpg

After trawling the internet looking at various options I decided on a Black Optics grill, Cupra R splitter and some Lamin-X to darken the headlights and fog lights. Here is how it came out
evilgrin.gif

IMG_0031.jpg

Next up was the rear lights, the 2009 A3 rear lights had been changed a little and I decided I wanted some. Here is a pic with the new ones on:

IMG_0034.jpg

That is preety much it for now, the car is going in to Awesome in Manchester for some coilovers on Friday, gonna get it as low as I possibly can
evilgrin.gif
After that S3 side skirts and rear diffuser are going on along with a custom exhaust system. I will post pics in due course. Here are a couple of pics of the car how it currently looks now
happy2.gif

IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

In the pic above you can see that I have had the mirrors finished in gloss black which finishes off the front end. I know the photos are useless but the only camera I own is on my phone. Please let me know your honest opinions and any ideas that you may have that will spruce it up a bit.

Thanks, Tom
happy2.gif

v nice tom id lose that bonnet bra looks naf but v nice im thinking of lamix x myself did you put them on if so how ???

me thinking i really like that. nice to have a colour away from the usual

v nice tom id lose that bonnet bra looks naf but v nice im thinking of lamix x myself did you put them on if so how ???

The bonnet bra is just for long journeys matey :thumbsup:

The Lamin-X was put on by a friend of mine, he put a little bit of water on to the lights and then put them lamin-x on bit by bit, he used a hairdryer and a microfiber cloth to push the lamin-x on to prevent any bubbles. He did a fantastic job, there are no bubbles or blemishes whatsoever :drool:

Looking good. When its lowered it will transform it even further.

The Lamin-x looks a bit dark for my liking but still good

looks great! Couple of questions though,

Is that the EU (Belgian Spec) fornt number plate holder? I like it, have you got the part number?

the bra is ace, where did you get it? I had one on my beetle and my bro has one on his R32, didnt think you could get them for the A3

looks great! Couple of questions though,

Is that the EU (Belgian Spec) fornt number plate holder? I like it, have you got the part number?

the bra is ace, where did you get it? I had one on my beetle and my bro has one on his R32, didnt think you could get them for the A3

The plate holder is the Belgian spec item, I don't have the part numebr unfortunately, I bought it from the classifieds section on here, Shaq12 was the guy I bought it off :salute:

The bonnet bra was purchased from www.autobra.co.uk, ordered it on a saturday and it came on the monday, great service! It fits perfectly too :rock:

Like the Cupra R splitter, but not so sure it wouldn't look better in red or gloss black like the optics grille. I can't remember what my old one was like, is the plastic mottled effect or smooth on them?

Like the Cupra R splitter, but not so sure it wouldn't look better in red or gloss black like the optics grille. I can't remember what my old one was like, is the plastic mottled effect or smooth on them?

I like it the way it is, it breaks up the front end a bit, if it was red or gloss black I think it would be a bit too much :yes:

looks really good mate, have you thought about tinting your windows and getting smoked side repeaters. just little things to add to the red and black theme! keep the alloys as they are, not too sure what they would look like with the lip being red, you could see if BBS do a centre cap with the BBS in red, or even paint it yourself, a nice red outlined BBS might look pretty good. what about your calipers?

i glossed blacked mine and clear coat looks much better so would yours i think

17032009247.jpg

Photo0617.jpg

looks really good mate, have you thought about tinting your windows and getting smoked side repeaters. just little things to add to the red and black theme! keep the alloys as they are, not too sure what they would look like with the lip being red, you could see if BBS do a centre cap with the BBS in red, or even paint it yourself, a nice red outlined BBS might look pretty good. what about your calipers?

yeah I am gonna get the windows done soon and I have some lamin-x left over for the side repeaters :yes: I bought some red BBS centre caps but they just looked out of place so I sent them back :blink:

starting to remind me of this beauty! :D

3085506753_af55e873b0_b.jpg

It will look almost identical to this one when its finished, the only difference being the wheels. It is going in for a full detail tomorrow to get the paint back up to scratch and then the coilies on Friday. I will post some pics up this weekend when it is all done :yes:

Bring on the engine mods!

I may get it mapped on Friday when it is having the coilovers put on. That is all im doing with the engine, I was gonna go down the big turbo route but I am gonna get rid of it and replace it with something quick early next year so there is no point really :yes:

Looks great already buddy! Will look even better when its had tints, keepin in line with the red and black look!

It will look almost identical to this one when its finished, the only difference being the wheels. It is going in for a full detail tomorrow to get the paint back up to scratch and then the coilies on Friday. I will post some pics up this weekend when it is all done :yes:

Oh really, you adding a set of rear doors then?! :moa:

Very nice mate! :thumbsup:

Ok guys so a bit of an update on the car. Last week I had it detailed by my best mate Jay of Miglior Detailing. Take a look at the full write up on it below. Hopefully you will be as blown away as I was :rock:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=112238

I picked the car up from Jay on the Thursday evening and then it was straight down to Awesome GTI in Manchester to have the coilovers fitted which it so desperately needed. Once again I cannot praise Awesome's services enough, top job guys :applaus: The AP coilovers are turning out to be great, I got the drop that I was after and the ride seems to have improved believe it or not. The mandatory pics are below, let me know what you think guys :sm4:

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

Thanks,

Tom :salute:

Great looking a3. Makes me want a red one with a optic grill. Trying to get my cousin to get his red a3 optic grill and face lift lights. Ha

Great looking car Tom, and good thread about detailing:thumbsup:

Ashley

oh i see you got it lowered now with the chs on very nice mate ..i wanted a red sportback originaly but the misses said no lol .....i like red though looks nice well done mate

Car looks very nice mate!
Oh and nice choice in wheels....:rock:

Where did you get those yellow fog lights from?

Some dog thought they looked a bit bland so he kindly peed on them :undwech: