My new b6 avant progress

Aye nice photos mate, cool composition & the cars looking smart.

cheers all,really like it. just hope i can sort the starting problem and then move on with the upgrades

Stereo fitted and removed lol had the wrong lead...wired in relay so acts like factory unit,works a treat!!!

4CC0DA19 1E38 454A 957C B0380571A5D9 zpsimeeimsp
A2C7D90E B037 4129 860B 672732841EC1 zpsjic3tqcd
CB308CC4 39F5 429B 90A1 871A2A34133F zpsrcvnwb2p

Reactions: Frascano
Had a remap done yesterday and wow what a difference...so much smoother across the rev range and 5000+ rpm lol,
seems alot better on fuel too.£50 before got me 450-480 miles so ill do it again and report back...ill be having fun before i go back to grandad mode ;)

Decat is in the works.im slowly getting the bumper bits together for spraying and then off with the rear boxes...after that 2.0tdi turbo and fmic...and then a clutch i reckon lol.wasnt going down the power route but seeing what these engines can take with little effort seems silly not to.

Seems alot faster now i got rid of all that water haha!

Reactions: ruffrida and barkclark
Nice work

What map did you go for?

I thought people were able to stick a bab into the cat and knock it out without cutting open.......either way interested in update with decay and noises!

Last edited:
Wanted to be sure it was all out.
Remap was custom made for someone else uploaded it to mine and is brilliant. Ill get figures, it's certainly livened it up ;) better on fuel aswel. Might try fit it today if the gaskets and bolts are at TPS

Great going Ro55! Liking the mods thus far. Defo put it up on the dyno to see what figures you can get. I suspect after all the engine/exhaust mods you'll need to map it again.

Looking forward to the FMIC if you go for it. Dont think ive seen one on an Avant! :)

That was all in the map.so what i do next should be alot better.
bv43 or hybrid fmic exhaust thats my limit.how long it will take i dont know,still a few niggles to sort out...diff seals poss new driveshafts on front.rear brakes so possible upgrade there too,ready for the power lol...RARB B5 perches,not lowering it as id kill it were i live. prob some b12's.

Reactions: DrStrange
Ive just noticed my update didnt post.

Well i had the decat fitted sort of...i only went and left it at home...:keule:
so i smashed out the cat as it was off,lol with a borrowed hammer and chisel :idea: @Mike.M
and fitted that TPS is next door so walked around for me new bolts ect...job done.

Only downside ive lost me turbo chatter at low revs,but hey sod it car goes loads better now,and i have a spare decat lol

Ive just noticed my update didnt post.

Well i had the decat fitted sort of...i only went and left it at home...:keule:
so i smashed out the cat as it was off,lol with a borrowed hammer and chisel :idea: @Mike.M
and fitted that TPS is next door so walked around for me new bolts ect...job done.

Only downside ive lost me turbo chatter at low revs,but hey sod it car goes loads better now,and i have a spare decat lol

Great Work!

Haha! well the plus side is the De-cat looks like a heavy old thing. Power to weight should improve a tad, with maybe the spare wheel in the back.

With all your up and coming mods, you wouldnt think its a 1.9tdi ! :p

Started the tandem today...replaced the coolant pipe aswel. in the pics you can see where its leaked from.and for some time by looks of it.
pipes have swollen badly.you can see on the bottom of the pump,where the pipe has actually swollen its rubbed on the pump.had to make use of the beer holder too,was a nice day.
whipped inlet off too was clean tbh.
And the plank i am,snapped the dipstick tube,so couldnt complete TPS tomorrow

Waiting on a new dipstick tube,so a can of high temp spray caught me eye

What was wrong with the tandem, was it cracked?

Your going to have to paint some other bits now to tie that in.

Tandem was leaking,think its just seals.do they crack?
I never thought of that will look silly just 1 piece blue.not sure what else to do.

No its not Ford blue though i have lots of that funnily enough.got a f4000. its proper high temp stuff.hycote i think.

its wet in the photo,it dries totally different

The F4000 won on ebay

After refurb ;)

10663284 10203793931200683 1715033873 o

Last edited:
Reactions: ruffrida
New dipstick part numbers for anyone who needs it ;)

Inlet finished.soaked in diesel over night,washed out with petrol.

Reactions: frankc
Looking good Ross, definitely need to sort out my leaky cam cover & get my bay tidied up seeing this!

Thank you, covers are on order. And 1st time since ownership ill replace the engine cover. Tandem is now replaced no missing/knock on idle, as for starting ill have to wait for a cold spell.

I love my A4 but there is something about old tractors, sadly no room for one otherwise I would have a fleet of them and probably a divorce too!

Nice tractor restoration.

Not too hard doing the tandem pump is it.
Looking good on that inlet btw, bit too bright for me but still good.

I love my A4 but there is something about old tractors, sadly no room for one otherwise I would have a fleet of them and probably a divorce too!
Nice tractor restoration.

Your right there,though the kids enjoy it and so does the mrs if the kids are happy.

Not too hard doing the tandem pump is it.
Looking good on that inlet btw, bit too bright for me but still good.

Yes bit bright soon be black ha,Tandem was easy apart from the one 5mm bolt.bit fiddly.
And its not cured my fault :(

Awesome shots and work Ross

Thanks bud! Iphone 4s honestly lol

Yeah got carried away there.when bv43s in the works might do something with it.

****** condensation come from nowhere!!

Pressed plates not sure on them

Condensation gone :)

Engine covers

Clean Wheels :)

Reactions: ruffrida
All good , see you've done the intercooler pipe joins cable tie prevention / fix .

Yes, i noticed everytime i went for a drive,after,it would be open slightly.
only a temp fix.will be sorted when the fmic is installed.

Cool , which fmic are you getting ?

Mines fixed like that but using jubilees provides a stronger fix .

gttdihosebodge-jpg.54510

Good idear,i used what i had to hand.
its not moved since,wasnt a problem just dont like seeing it like that.
The Allard egr delete is not a very good fit,working on a fix for that too.

Excuse pictures iphone and sun dont mix well.

Had a go on the grille.not sure on it.

Reactions: sumo
If you do the top to match it will look great,what you have done on the whole car looks spot on mate! Big like from me!

Reactions: Ro55
Thanks pal,ive really fell in love with it lol...rear bumper and exhaust system next.
Then on with the power.

Cars looking pretty clean... liking the alloys
Mines the same just with a ton of stone chips on the bonnet & the original 5 spoke 17" wheels on mine.

Could do with the engine covers too, especially the one to cover the battery, Always thought it was a bit iffy where the battery is situated & not having a cover, I thought mine was missing! but have since seen others without.

Dont buy them off ebay.find the part numbers and call TPS for a price youll be shocked.